• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I said that God created all things for his pleasure. I did not say that all things please God.

God created all things for his pleasure but at the same time he takes no pleasure in the punishment of the wicked. Both things are equally true.

gdemoss, that is very difficult to hear (perceive/understand).

John 1:

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Isaiah 45:

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Colossians 1:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Ephesians 6:

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Proverbs 16

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

This is what you're referring to, right? But how do you hear that? Help me understand, please. What does it mean? What is he trying to tell us?

This is open to anyone who can understand those sayings.

I have been wrestling with these very questions for a while now. The things we can see help us to understand the things we cannot. Jesus used things we could see to give us understanding of those we could not. There is more to reality than meets the eye.

We began trying to take a simple look at reality but any basic explanation will be a seed for questions.

Lets take for example my simple answer that the creation is here for Gods pleasure. Your reasoning skills then question it for truth and determine that not everything pleases God and therefore there needs be more.

My answer is this: God is patient. God is not finished with his creation. Just as a single seed sprouts and grows until it is finally mature and doesn't produce fruit to the fullest till the time so is Gods creation set to be beautiful in its time.

God is that which enables, saves, allows and makes go or gives life. The opposite force is that which does the opposite. In the end all that opposes God will be brought into subjection and put away. A place for everything and everything in its place. God will be pleased. This happens the day that Jesus delivers up the kingdom unto the father.

Having said that let me attempt to keep it simple. God created all things to fulfill his purpose as a means to an end. Reality is what God says it is and nithing more.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

To a 5 yr old...

"Dear Child... r e a l i t y... is everything that is true."

"God never tells any lies, because He loves what is true, and He is always honest.

All the things that He has made are real and true, like the planets, the millions of stars, the sun, and the world and all of nature."

"He made people to be honest and true as well, but they are often disobedient and make up things which are not true, like ...(examples)."

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

What do you think reality is? Explain like I'm 5, please.

What is this place? What is going on? What is the point?

I would like you (everyone who reads this) to explain reality to me in the way that you understand it, or think of it, but in terms that are simple enough for a 5 y/o to understand, please.

Also, if you reply, could you do so before reading other's replies? I would prefer uninfluenced posts, so that people answer more inline with their own way of thinking - I am looking for what comes natural from you all, so to speak.

Thanks if you answer. :)

Well reality is kind of different for everyone. God made each of us different. What you see, heir, feel, taste, and learn are all unique to you. Well all of it put together is anyway. Lots of things taste like chicken but the way chicken tastes to you might be different to someone else. Even colors can be different. Most people are color blind in at least one color. God made us unique. So you will need to figure out your own unique reality as you grow into an adult. Learn as much as you can and your reality will be as close to a true reality as is possible for you.