• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

:thumbsup:

Praying For Our Children

Wakefield is Not the Only Researcher to Look Into the Possible Connection Between MMR Vaccine, Bowel Disease and Autism

While the press continues to battle over Dr. Wakefield's purported guilt or innocence, the bigger issue -- that there appears to be a connection between inflammation, and particularly gut inflammation, and autism -- is getting lost in the shuffle.  Plus, other research has confirmed Wakefield's hotly contested findings, linking the MMR triple vaccine with bowel disease and autism -- contrary to what you might hear in the press.

The Daily Mail reported:

The lead researcher, Stephen J. Walker, Ph.D., was also quick to state however, that this does not necessarily mean the MMR vaccine causes autism. Still, his research notes the same connection that Wakefield's team did, which is that many autistic children have chronic bowel inflammation, and have the vaccine strain of the measles virus in their intestines.

" … a team from the Wake Forest University School of Medicine in North Carolina are examining 275 children with regressive autism and bowel disease - and of the 82 tested so far, 70 prove positive for the measles virus … the team's leader, Dr Stephen Walker, said: 'Of the handful of results we have in so far, all are vaccine strain and none are wild measles.

This research proves that in the gastrointestinal tract of a number of children who have been diagnosed with regressive autism, there is evidence of measles virus. What it means is that the study done earlier by Dr Wakefield and published in 1998 is correct.

That study didn't draw any conclusions about specifically what it means to find measles virus in the gut, but the implication is it may be coming from the MMR vaccine. If that's the case, and this live virus is residing in the gastrointestinal tract of some children, and then they have GI inflammation and other problems, it may be related to the MMR."http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/01/24/new-evidence-refutes-fraud-findings-in-dr-wakefield-case.aspx

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Who am I to say this is true or not?

Only God knows~~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

No I do not think there is a link.There are other reasons for Autism but vaccinations are not one of them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

No I do not think there is a link.There are other reasons for Autism but vaccinations are not one of them.

Thank you bopeep I have done my research ALOT ! of research on autism over the years because o my children's autism this was before my husband was diagnosed with it a year and a half ago. My husband read a rathet in depth book called "Autism's False prophets" which gave lot of evidence that there was no proof of the vaccine causes autism.

Of for that matter as my parents  keep trying to convince me my kids got autism because of C sections.....that has never been proven to be true either. We believe they may have it because my husband has it