Proof

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I had a ponderance the other day while driving home from work. I was thinking about how the area I live in was once a vast sea. Now we call it the great plains. So then I thought about fossils and carbon dating and such. So then I thought about dinosaurs.... But soon I came around to the creation of man. So here is my question... From the moment God said "let there be light" to the moment He created man, what was the span of time? How long had creatures such as the dinosaurs roamed the earth before man came to be?

Was it before or after? Would there have been a time period where man ran like no ones business because dino was hungry?

So then I thought about the span of time between creation and the birth of Christ..... How long was that? Christ was on earth 2,000 years ago.. this is not disputed. But we (society) place dinosaurs as existing 65 million years ago.... This thought process keeps going...

Any suggestions?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,712
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Ooooh you had to open this can of beans. Biblically, it was a literal 7 24 hour days. (If you read it in context both in English and the original text there's no other realistic way to say otherwise without forcing our own understanding into it) so, biblically everything was created the instant God said so, when He said so, inside that week.

Carbon dating has been proved to be innacurate ages ago. Even evolutionary scientists don't use it for anything older then a few thousand years, and radio carbon dating is just as bad. Most creation scientists put the creation of the earth at no more then 4-6000 years before Christ.

There are christians-who believe otherwise, but and that is why every time this is brought up it turns into a book length debate. I'm sure I'll be called to task over my above comments, but I won't change them nor further debate here. I will point you to www.answersingenesis.com if you want to view some of the research some of the evidence gathered by creation minded scientists, and perhaps decide for yourself.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I had a ponderance the other day while driving home from work. I was thinking about how the area I live in was once a vast sea. Now we call it the great plains. So then I thought about fossils and carbon dating and such. So then I thought about dinosaurs.... But soon I came around to the creation of man. So here is my question... From the moment God said "let there be light" to the moment He created man, what was the span of time? How long had creatures such as the dinosaurs roamed the earth before man came to be?

Was it before or after? Would there have been a time period where man ran like no ones business because dino was hungry?

So then I thought about the span of time between creation and the birth of Christ..... How long was that? Christ was on earth 2,000 years ago.. this is not disputed. But we (society) place dinosaurs as existing 65 million years ago.... This thought process keeps going...

Any suggestions?

The earth has been around as far as we can tell for 4.5 billion years. I believe the Genesis 1 account, but I also believe the best reading doesn't render the creation days as 24 hr periods (I have a thread up about this in doctrinal issues right now, so I won't recap the entire thing here). Carbon dating is not the way this is established because the half life of carbon 14 is too short. There are a lot of other radioactive isotopes whose half lives are known that are used for dating longer periods of time. Likewise, geological signs, strata, wear, as you mention the fossils, make the earth appear fairly old relative to us. We also can date our star, the sun, to be the age of the earth, fitting nicely independent evidence for the age of the earth.

There are my thoughts. If the earth really is only 6 thousand years old, for some reason, all the sings make it look 6 orders of magnitude older... this is an impressive discrepancy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Since scripture is our food, chew on this for a bit ...

Genesis 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23 and 31.

So the evening and the morning were the first day.

Replace the first with second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth, where He rested on the seventh.  Unless the world spun at a much much slower rate then is does now, it seems scripture does indicate one day at a time, with no space in between each day, for the would would have to stop spinning completely for there to be such a break in time..

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know and neither does anyone else unless you liked in that time.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Let's go strictly with "Biblical" time-keeping (since that is your goal).

So here is my question... From the moment God said "let there be light" to the moment He created man, what was the span of time?

Less than six consecutive 24-hour days.

How long had creatures such as the dinosaurs roamed the earth before man came to be?

Just shortly before man was created, but on the same day of creation (the 6th day).  So, just a few hours.

Every creature, including man, was created as a herbivore (Gen 1:29,30).  It was only after th Fall that creatures became omnivorous, or carnivorous.

So then I thought about the span of time between creation and the birth of Christ..... How long was that? Christ was on earth 2,000 years ago.. this is not disputed.

It was approximately 4,000 years from Creation to Christ.  One could be more exact, but for now that should suffice.

I do not know and neither does anyone else unless you liked in that time.

God knows. And God told us. So we know. end of story.

Okay Ezra, I have to comment on the dinosaur thing. Yes, they were all herbivore before the fall of man... So after... Did they have a taste for everything but man? This just doesn't add up. I don't know, guys and gals.. I'm just not sold here.

many carnivores eat mankind to. . .just to be technical. The entire problem, with getting evolution into the Bible is death. before the fall, everything was perfect-if it was not, it would not be classifed as "good" by God. The entire theory of evolution, evolves around death. If there was death before the fall, then how could it be good? the two theories are not capable of being intermixed.

Okay, then that seems to revolve around the fall of man...... Sooooo after the fall, did people get eaten? And back to the time frame thing... Remember, 1,000 yeas to us is a day in the Kingdom... Could the same be measured for the creation time line?