IGNORED

Christian Authors?

Jack86753

Guest shiloh357

I didn't accuse Kim Walker of believing in or being a pantheist.   I said that the dream itself is pseudo pantheism.  I believe she is sincere, but sincerely wrong.   And no, I don't believe in personal prophecy like what she alleges to have received.   God doesn't send us personal "prophecies."   These personal prophecies like what she received are not biblical.  You don't find those in Scripture, not like what she received.   Prophecies in Scripture served a completely different purpose.

Actually my issues with the glory cloud nonsense is not based on my opinion that God would not do that, but rather (and I said this already)  no one dances in the glory cloud. The very word "glory" in the Bible means heavy.   EVERYONE in the Bible who experienced the weight of God's glory, without exception were laid flat on the ground and they were unable to move and in most cases were in a state of shock, terror and dread.   It wasn't  a warm and fuzzy kind of "me and Jesus cuddling on the couch"   moment.  I am going by the only biblical pattern we have for these kinds of experiences and so far these  Jesus Culture people when it comes be biblical are batting zero.

How about the videos  where Kim Walker is just chanting the same words over and over and over for like 15-20 minutes?   That is unbiblical and Jesus even commanded against it.   It's hypnotic and it opens people up to evil spirits and false doctrine.

Kunalini spirits never lead anyone to  Christ and those numbers in the millions like  70 million are impossible to quantify.   And numbers are meaningless.   What matters is how many remained true disciples out of the 70 million allegedly won to Christ.   The Kundalini spirit does nothing but turn people into barking, hissing animals.  It is nothing erratic, gyrations that are seen by those in the occult.   

In many of these countries,  people don't actually convert when you have massive conversion services.  That's because most religions allow their adherents to assimilate new religions into their current pantheon of religions that they have adopted over the years.     Yeah, it looks really good and it's great propaganda for Reinhard Bonke and Co.   to be able to say that they have reached 70 million people for the Lord, but the REAL  actual impact is ONLY seen in the number of genuine disciples that were made and are STILL  living for Jesus exclusively, who actually turned their lives over to Jesus and completely forsook all of their prior religions.   I can guarantee that the will be far, far fewer than 70 million.  The same goes for the other two, and don't get me started on the Toronto train wreck.

Glory To The KING Of KINGS~!

And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house,

did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,

Praising God, and having favour with all the people.

And the Lord added to the church daily

such as should be saved. Acts 2:46-47

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I didn't accuse Kim Walker of believing in or being a pantheist.   I said that the dream itself is pseudo pantheism.  I believe she is sincere, but sincerely wrong.   And no, I don't believe in personal prophecy like what she alleges to have received.   God doesn't send us personal "prophecies."   These personal prophecies like what she received are not biblical.  You don't find those in Scripture, not like what she received.   Prophecies in Scripture served a completely different purpose.

Actually my issues with the glory cloud nonsense is not based on my opinion that God would not do that, but rather (and I said this already)  no one dances in the glory cloud. The very word "glory" in the Bible means heavy.   EVERYONE in the Bible who experienced the weight of God's glory, without exception were laid flat on the ground and they were unable to move and in most cases were in a state of shock, terror and dread.   It wasn't  a warm and fuzzy kind of "me and Jesus cuddling on the couch"   moment.  I am going by the only biblical pattern we have for these kinds of experiences and so far these  Jesus Culture people when it comes be biblical are batting zero.

How about the videos  where Kim Walker is just chanting the same words over and over and over for like 15-20 minutes?   That is unbiblical and Jesus even commanded against it.   It's hypnotic and it opens people up to evil spirits and false doctrine.

Kunalini spirits never lead anyone to  Christ and those numbers in the millions like  70 million are impossible to quantify.   And numbers are meaningless.   What matters is how many remained true disciples out of the 70 million allegedly won to Christ.   The Kundalini spirit does nothing but turn people into barking, hissing animals.  It is nothing erratic, gyrations that are seen by those in the occult.   

In many of these countries,  people don't actually convert when you have massive conversion services.  That's because most religions allow their adherents to assimilate new religions into their current pantheon of religions that they have adopted over the years.     Yeah, it looks really good and it's great propaganda for Reinhard Bonke and Co.   to be able to say that they have reached 70 million people for the Lord, but the REAL  actual impact is ONLY seen in the number of genuine disciples that were made and are STILL  living for Jesus exclusively, who actually turned their lives over to Jesus and completely forsook all of their prior religions.   I can guarantee that the will be far, far fewer than 70 million.  The same goes for the other two, and don't get me started on the Toronto train wreck.

First, with Reinhard bonnke, those numbers came off of decision cards during the crusades. The decision cards are followed up by the local Church, one thing I love about Bonnkes ministry is that he firmly believes all evangelism should lead people to their local Church. Here's an example of 15 Million giving their lives to the Lord. Also with Heidi Bakers, look into it. They have planted thousands of Churches, took in Orphans and the most unloveable and produce some of the most amazing loves of Jesus you can meet. Whole villages come to the Lord because they see the power of God working, also a team from Harvard came down to investigate the reports of healing and now there is a medical journal documenting blind eyes opening.

Here's a link to the medical journal

https://scholarworks.iu.edu/dspace/handle/2022/14131

With Kim Walker, if that's how you want to view that word, there is nothing I can say to change your mind. It can be interpreted many different ways dependent on the lense you view that word.  If you think being Born of the Spirit, a new creation, born of God, right to be children of God, that word makes sense. Pseudo Pantheism, I don't see that. But, hey in the end it really only matters what God thinks.

Now with the glory of the Lord, funny how those meetings people do get stuck to the ground, tremble, shake, but there is also extreme expressions of joy. The Kingdom is righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. You are saying that they would be trembling because of fear and crying out for repentance, which has happened in some of the meetings where God fell like that such as the Brownsville revival. But what if they believe Jesus actually forgave them and His blood was enough?

1 John 4:17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

What if they have been captured by God's perfect love? In heaven, are we going to be trembling with fear and horrified because we're close to Jesus?

Now, lets talk about repetitive worship, worshiping saying over and over and over again, I love you Jesus, Fire fall down, let it rain, etc. Isn't incantation it is meditation on Jesus and aspects of His character, with expressions like let it rain, fire, etc. They are expressions of His presence. There is nothing wrong with this worship, David would often repeat things also especially toward the end of Psalms.

Also, what does heaven's worship look like?

Revelation 4:8 The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying:

“Holy, holy, holy,

Lord God Almighty,

Who was and is and is to come!”

Emotional worship isn't a bad thing, especially because we're supposed to worship God with all our hearts.The bible doesn't warn against repetitive worship, only repetitive prayer.

Matthew 6:7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Singing God is worthy over and over again is not a vain repetition and the intention is worship not trying to get God to hear cause our many words.You will find nothing in scripture against worship that is repetitive.

There is a Kundilini spirit, which testifies against Jesus and also testifies that there is no original sin, and those who get into that spirit get really twisted. The fruit of what you're accusing is passionate love for Jesus, increased awareness that He is the only way, that He offers salvation for sin, that He was God in the flesh, the only begotten son of God.

Once again, the testimony of Jesus is everything. Every new age infiltration takes away from the deity and blood of Jesus Christ.

Edited by George
Removed video. If you wish you can repost the video in the video section of the forums.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

I do not have any Christian books and I've noticed by watching Christian television channels that many preachers and speakers have books available. Does anybody know of a good author to start with? I would be interested in Christian nonfiction and fiction. Thank you.

Hey Jack86753, First saying hello and welcome! :)

The Bible, prayerfully and generally daily!

It's the only Book I deem to be 100% Truth! :)

"Faith Undone" by Rodger Oakland is a good read.

Although this quote is not in the book, it resonates with much of what Roger teaches:

"How do you know that isn't the Holy Spirit? I couldn't find any reference of people shaking, twitching, barking and behaving like animals in the Bible as the Holy Spirit."

-Roger Oakland

A few that others have mentioned that I have also read in the past:

Nave's Topical Bible

The Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible by Strong

Commentary on the Whole Bible by Matthew Henry

The Treasury of David by Spurgeon

Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan

The Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin

The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom

One Thing You Can't do in Heaven by Mark Cahill

One Heartbeat Away by Mark Cahill

Frank Peretti's books were fictionally interesting

I've read a lot of other books too for apologetic reasons only, to point out many grave errors in our day that come "unrecommended."

Thanks to others that have posted, you've inspired me to look into a few more books. :)