IGNORED

Divine Healing

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

Part of the confusion lies in the notion that everything Jesus said to the disciples is supposed to be read as if Jesus is speaking to the church, and that isn't necessarily so.   We assumed that if the apostles healed people that it should be the normal experience of every person in the church.

There are no promises to the church in any epistle that everyone will be healed or that God expects all believers to have healing ministries.  There is no promise of divine health given to the church for this church age.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, shiloh357.

Part of the confusion lies in the notion that everything Jesus said to the disciples is supposed to be read as if Jesus is speaking to the church, and that isn't necessarily so.   We assumed that if the apostles healed people that it should be the normal experience of every person in the church.

There are no promises to the church in any epistle that everyone will be healed or that God expects all believers to have healing ministries.  There is no promise of divine health given to the church for this church age.

You’re right, of course. Not everything that Yeshua` said to His disciples was for times following His death and resurrection; however, the “church” or the “gathering,” “congregation,” or “called-out assembly,” should be considered a SUBSET of David’s Israel, God’s Kingdom - we all have been grafted into the "Olive Tree.” (Romans 11) As such, it is included in the promises made to Israel WHEN they acknowledge and accept their relationship to Israel!

Exodus 15:26

26 And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee (Hebrew: Aniy YHWH rof’ekhaa.)
KJV

Deuteronomy 32:39
39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
KJV

2 Chronicles 7:13-14
13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
KJV

Psalm 30:1-3
1 I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
KJV

Psalm 103:1-5
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
KJV

Psalm 107:19-21
19 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.
20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
21 Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
KJV

Psalm 147:1-6
1 Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely.
2 The LORD doth build up Jerusalem: he gathereth together the outcasts of Israel.
3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.
4 He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names.
5 Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.
6 The LORD lifteth up the meek: he casteth the wicked down to the ground.
KJV

Isaiah 57:19
19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
KJV

Jeremiah 3:22
22 Return, ye backsliding children, and I will heal your backslidings. Behold, we come unto thee; for thou art the LORD our God.
KJV

Hosea 6:1-2
1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
KJV

So, YHWH IS a God of healing!

You’re also right when you said, “There are no promises to the church in any epistle that everyone will be healed or that God expects all believers to have healing ministries.  There is no promise of divine health given to the church for this church age.” On the other hand, it is the DESTINY of every child of God to be healed, and there ARE promises that everyone will be healed!

Isaiah 35:4-6
4 Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
5 Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
6 Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.
KJV

Isaiah 65:16-25
16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.
17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.
20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child (childhood) shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.
22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
KJV

Revelation 21:4
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
KJV

Guest shiloh357

The only time that every believer will walk in divine health is during the Messianic age following the Tribulation and destruction of Babylon.   We will receive our glorified bodies and sin will be eradicated from us. 

Shalom, shiloh357.

The only time that every believer will walk in divine health is during the Messianic age following the Tribulation and destruction of Babylon.   We will receive our glorified bodies and sin will be eradicated from us. 

Then, we are in agreement. On the other hand, God still heals when He chooses and when we pray, trusting Him to heal.

Guest shiloh357

God still heals, that is true.   But he does so according to his sovereign will.   There are times, that he doesn't and we might not always understand why, but we trust that he sees the big picture and works everything for our good.

The question for us is if we will still  trust him even when we pursue healing and don't receive it.  Will we still love and trust him when he says , "no?"   

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1960

faith is importent part in healing.praying person belive in jesus and sick person belive in jesus.thank ynu lord for his healing powei

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

faith is importent part in healing.praying person belive in jesus and sick person belive in jesus.thank ynu lord for his healing powei

It is important, as Jesus said in Mark 11.

22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Shiloh....

God still heals, that is true.   But he does so according to his sovereign will.   There are times, that he doesn't and we might not always understand why, but we trust that he sees the big picture and works everything for our good.
 so much as a cold or a fk
The question for us is if we will still  trust him even when we pursue healing and don't receive it.  Will we still love and trust him when he says , "no?"

Exactly,& I just testified of my personal experience ,mine was not a story that is without documented proof,,,,,,,there are pet scans that showed the cancer spreading to more & more areas with each new scan & then,,,,,,,,,,,GONE,,,,,,Hallelulyah!!!!

I love & trust God no less that He has now said":No" & if it be His Will then that is good enough for me because "His Grace is sufficient"

I never could understand when so many people have so much to say about healing & they've never had more than a cold or a flu..........I hope they never have to endure anything more but it is quite a different story when you hear some awful terrible news,you believe with every ounce of your being.you know without a shadow of doubt that God is Able & He simply says"No",,,,,,

To God be the Glory in ALL things,in whatever we are called to do or go through should not ever hinder our love,our gratitude,our joy,our peace & our relationship with our Lord,,,,,,,,,,keep our eyes on the Prize

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest shiloh357

It  is important not to see Mark 11:22-23 as a promise that we will get whatever we ask for.   The Gospel is full of heartfelt requests that were denied.  One good example is the request of James and John to sit on the right and left hand of Jesus. 

Furthermore, this is not talking about personal prayer.  The word  "you" in the Greek  in v. 24 is a plural word and so Jesus is referring to corporate prayer, not individual, or personal prayer.  

Shalom, shiloh357.

It  is important not to see Mark 11:22-23 as a promise that we will get whatever we ask for.   The Gospel is full of heartfelt requests that were denied.  One good example is the request of James and John to sit on the right and left hand of Jesus. 

Furthermore, this is not talking about personal prayer.  The word  "you" in the Greek  in v. 24 is a plural word and so Jesus is referring to corporate prayer, not individual, or personal prayer.  

Who said that Ya`aqov and Yochanan were denied the request to sit on Yeshua`s right and left sides? Yeshua` didn’t deny them their request; He simply told them that it wasn’t HIS decision to make!

I agree with you that this is not talking about personal prayer in verses 22 and 23; however, verse 21 IS talking about a single person making the request for the mountain to be removed. But there is strength in numbers and a certain amount of checks and balances to be sure that one is not asking for personal satisfaction or personal gain. That’s why Matittyahu adds Yeshua`s words,...

Matthew 18:19-20

19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
KJV

So, within the limitations that we all have, we CAN have confidence that God will hear our prayers and answer them as we request.

P.S. - What a sad world in which you must live if you cannot see the Father as a benevolent Daddy who LOVES to give His children the things they ask! He may not be a pushover and give them EVERYTHING they ask, spoiling them, but He loves them enough to give them some nice things, anyway.

Matthew 7:7-11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
KJV

Luke 11:9-13
9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV