• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Does anybody agree with the below?

At the 2nd coming ..

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Satan is not destroyed yet ..

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

The seal is the give away for the evidence towards his literal millennial imprisonment ..

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

And on those thrones below .. sit the 12 Apostles .. and the resurrected saints rule with Christ for 1000 years .. for since only those in Christ from every generation before His 2nd coming were quickened into eternity .. one group first ..

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

.. another day is set aside for the rest of humanity to be judged.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

But only those in Christ was the first resurrection reserved ..

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

.. and when the appointed time arrives ..

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The final gathering of evil rebellion takes place  ..

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And when they come across the millennial camp of the saints .. they attack ..

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

It is then that Satan is finally destroyed .. like his false prophet and beast were 1000 years prior at the 2nd coming ..

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Thus comes the final judgment .. the 2nd & last resurrection ..

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Now notice below that books were opened along with another book .. the book of life .. where people in this judgement are being judged by their works .. this is a non Christian judgment .. think about it .. judged by their works ..

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

One book for good works .. One book for bad (my guess) .. if the scale tips in favour of the positive (bureaucratic judgment by numbers & not mercy like Christians get) .. then their name is written in the on hand & waiting "another book" .. the book of life (only after the tally does mercy come upon them)  and those who are mercifully accepted are likewise invited into eternity .. meaning .. every human that ever lived gets a chance too ..  not an easy judgment is a works based judgment .. very risky indeed .. because in a works based judgment, if that scale is even 1 millionth of a degree in the negative .. no pass .. if in the positive .. well .. then mercy is granted them also to complete the trial ..  for this is the judgment for all non believers that ever lived ..  otherwise they would have been resurrected at Christ's 2nd coming .. but they weren't .. thus they can not be believers.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Christians are not judged by their works but by mercy in Christ .. if one is indeed IN Christ (only The Lord knows) & not deceiving himself .. nevertheless, the fullness of times is almost complete ..

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

No signature .. no entry .. if you fail that "black & white" 2nd judgment's requirements & your name was not transferred into that "other book" .. that book of life .. well ..  

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Then .. finally .. after the 2nd resurrection is complete .. then comes the new heaven & new earth where the Father will come down & finally dwell with all His children .. and all will finally get to see His Face & hear His voice.

Does anybody at least see the picture herein?

Regards.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

One book for good works .. One book for bad (my guess) .. if the scale tips in favour of the positive (bureaucratic judgment by numbers & not mercy like Christians get) .. then their name is written in the on hand & waiting "another book" .. the book of life (only after the tally does mercy come upon them)  and those who are mercifully accepted are likewise invited into eternity .. meaning .. every human that ever lived gets a chance too ..  not an easy judgment is a works based judgment .. very risky indeed .. because in a works based judgment, if that scale is even 1 millionth of a degree in the negative .. no pass .. if in the positive .. well .. then mercy is granted them also to complete the trial ..  for this is the judgment for all non believers that ever lived ..  otherwise they would have been resurrected at Christ's 2nd coming .. but they weren't .. thus they can not be believers.

Dear Brother Serving, the following scripture is my understanding.

The Great White Throne is the judgment of the dead only. First off their name not being in the book of life is just proof to them of their lack; Jesus has no problem knowing them that are His.

The books show their works, and without Christ there are none good. Rom 3:23. All have sinned and come short. They are doomed, and even our witnessing to them ends as a testimony against them.

Luk 9:5  And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

As believers in Christ there is no condemnation (Rom 8:1) and as Jesus walks among the candlesticks (Churches) we are being judged as to our spiritual walk, and it is manifest in Revelation Chapters Two & Three. This is the Judgment seat ongoing, and we read in Rev 22:12, And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

If you notice the seven conditions of the church as judged, you’ll see different rewards such as crowns some have, others have palms (Rev7:9), some round about (Rev 4:4) and in the very throne of Jesus (Rev 4:6), a great multitude before the throne (Rev 7:15), some reign (Rev 5:10), others serve (Rev 7:15), and then most important as a reward for patiently keeping the word of God in the promise to be kept from the temptation to come upon all the world (Rom 3:10), while others will come out of great tribulation (Rev 7:14).

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642

Larry 2 said in post 2:

As believers in Christ there is no condemnation (Rom 8:1) . . .

In Romans 8:1, in the original Greek Textus Receptus and the KJV, the latter half of the verse states the condition for the first half. If the latter half isn't done, the first half doesn't apply, as other verses also make clear (e.g. Romans 8:13; 1 Corinthians 9:27, Hebrews 10:26-29).

Some saved people, at the judgment of the church by Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 2:6-8, Luke 12:45-48, Matthew 25:19-30), at his 2nd coming (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27), will lose their salvation because of such things as unrepentant sin (Luke 12:45-46, Hebrews 10:26-29; 1 Corinthians 9:27), unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8), or apostasy (Mark 8:35-38, Hebrews 6:4-8; 2 Timothy 2:12b). That is why saved people know the "terror" of the coming judgment of the church by Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:10-11), why they must remain in fear of being cut off the same as unbelievers if they don't continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22, Luke 12:45-46), why they must be careful to work out their own ultimate salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12b; 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2:6-8).

Larry 2 said in post 2:

As believers in Christ there is no condemnation (Rom 8:1) . . .

In Romans 8:1, in the original Greek Textus Receptus and the KJV, the latter half of the verse states the condition for the first half. If the latter half isn't done, the first half doesn't apply, as other verses also make clear (e.g. Romans 8:13; 1 Corinthians 9:27, Hebrews 10:26-29).

Some saved people, at the judgment of the church by Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:10, Romans 2:6-8, Luke 12:45-48, Matthew 25:19-30), at his 2nd coming (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27), will lose their salvation because of such things as unrepentant sin (Luke 12:45-46, Hebrews 10:26-29; 1 Corinthians 9:27), unrepentant laziness (Matthew 25:26,30, John 15:2a, Romans 2:6-8), or apostasy (Mark 8:35-38, Hebrews 6:4-8; 2 Timothy 2:12b). That is why saved people know the "terror" of the coming judgment of the church by Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:10-11), why they must remain in fear of being cut off the same as unbelievers if they don't continue in God's goodness (Romans 11:20-22, Luke 12:45-46), why they must be careful to work out their own ultimate salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12b; 1 Peter 1:17, Romans 2:6-8).

Dear Brother Bible2, I have a Scofield note in my KJV concerning Romans 8:1 that says: “The statement ends with “Christ Jesus.” The last ten words were evidently copied from v. 4, where they properly express the result of “no condemnation,” not its cause.

If you will examine most bibles, they do not contain the words “who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit in Rom 8:1.

Rom 8:4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled IN US (not by us), who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. This is God’s work giving the increase to our lives.

2 Co 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Your interpretation of this requires us to appear at some future time. My understanding is that Revelation Chapters Two & Three show Jesus’ ongoing judgment of the Church as Rev 2:1 says “He walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks” These candlestick are the churches according to Rev 1:20.

You also say that we must work out our own salvation (Php 2:12), and scripture certainly says that, but do you realize that is speaking of overcoming the habit and dominion of sin in our lives. When the bible speaks of salvation, there are four contexts expounded, and they are provisional, saved from the penalty of sin, experiential as we learn to overcome and take our place such as Israel did in Canaan, and last of all, deliverance from any presence of sin when we are with Jesus in heaven.

We seem to come to an impasse as to the security of believers in Christ. The words “Eternal and Everlasting” do not denote any suggestion of conditional life to me. Heb 10:14, For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Thanks for your reply.   :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Does anybody agree with the below?

You've got a correct understanding of how events will flow chronologically in the end.  The bulk of Revelation is in chronological sequence, with a few events in what might be called "parentheses".

As to the books, I believe that for each individual both good and bad will be side-by-side, therefore the judgment will flow from the *profile* of each individual (not separate books for good and bad).  There will be degrees of torment in Hell based upon the evidence.

But the ultimate test wil be whether that person's name is found in the Book of Life -- and that comes only by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. God wants to see everyone's name in the Book of Life, but those who reject or ignore Christ and the Gospel will be absent.

Does anybody agree with the below?

You've got a correct understanding of how events will flow chronologically in the end.  The bulk of Revelation is in chronological sequence, with a few events in what might be called "parentheses".

As to the books, I believe that for each individual both good and bad will be side-by-side, therefore the judgment will flow from the *profile* of each individual (not separate books for good and bad).  There will be degrees of torment in Hell based upon the evidence.

But the ultimate test wil be whether that person's name is found in the Book of Life -- and that comes only by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. God wants to see everyone's name in the Book of Life, but those who reject or ignore Christ and the Gospel will be absent.

Ezra - You've got a correct understanding of how events will flow chronologically in the end.  The bulk of Revelation is in chronological sequence, with a few events in what might be called "parentheses".

Larry2 - Are you speaking of the book of Revelation only? As I understand it, there is much in the gospels referencing events in Revelation. For instance those unbelievers at the beginning of the millennium will be taken to await judgment at the Great White Throne at the end of the thousand years,  

Mat 24:40  Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:41  Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Larry2 - I’m not sure what you’re referring to as a parentheses. In Rev 1:19 John was told to write three viewpoints:  Rev 1:19   Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter. They represent what occurred, the things happening today through this age where Simeon said in Act 15:14  Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name, and this will continue until the fullness of the Gentiles come in (Rom 11:25), and Jesus takes His own throne on the Lord’s Day and begins His thousand year reign.

One error some make is not separating one viewpoint from another. Again you spoke of a parenthesis and some do not consider the things shown John in Rev 4:1 to be all future from that point. John was told to Rev 4:1  After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven . . (and John was told) Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. Now we’re not going back to the birth of Jesus and describe His birth as some attempt to do with Rev 12:5, that would be a parenthesis. The Man Child there born of the woman we see in Rev 12:1 consists of all believers in heaven and on earth. Eph 3:15  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named. I will get into those who are the man child in some future thread.

Ezra - As to the books, I believe that for each individual both good and bad will be side-by-side, therefore the judgment will flow from the *profile* of each individual (not separate books for good and bad).

Larry2 - Rev 20:12  And I saw the DEAD, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: (Believers are not the dead) and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Ezra - There will be degrees of torment in Hell based upon the evidence.

Larry2 - I agree with this. Mat 10:15  Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. This shows different levels of judgment to me.

Ezra - But the ultimate test will be whether that person's name is found in the Book of Life -- and that comes only by grace through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. God wants to see everyone's name in the Book of Life, but those who reject or ignore Christ and the Gospel will be absent.

Larry2 - Amen!

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Serving.

Yes I agree with all that you have said and can see it so clearly.

I have been discussing this subject on another thread recently.  This judgement appears different because it is "works based".

...however,

the Lambs book of life is there also.  All those who came to Christ during the millennium will be written in that book, and I can't see them going through the works test, but their salvation secured.

So this judgement includes the 2nd resurrection also at the same time for those believers.

...but for those who are judged by their works, and the good weighed against the bad, and we know they will have sin in there because no man is without it, but lets say they have more good works than bad, then how do they automatically transfer into the Lambs book of life?  It makes sense to me that they will have to prove themselves for a little while in the flesh,..meaning they have to be introduced to Christ first, and live his ways for a time....but I don't know.  It's hazy for me.  Can God just forgive them and make them perfect in one hit?  This is the big question.

I somehow don't think it's as straight forward as the information given is little.  I think there are still some things God has not revealed to us concerning this 2nd judgement.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Serving.

Does anybody agree with the below?

At the 2nd coming ..

Revelation 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

Satan is not destroyed yet ..

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

The seal is the give away for the evidence towards his literal millennial imprisonment ..

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

And on those thrones below .. sit the 12 Apostles .. and the resurrected saints rule with Christ for 1000 years .. for since only those in Christ from every generation before His 2nd coming were quickened into eternity .. one group first ..

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

.. another day is set aside for the rest of humanity to be judged.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

But only those in Christ was the first resurrection reserved ..

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

.. and when the appointed time arrives ..

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The final gathering of evil rebellion takes place  ..

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And when they come across the millennial camp of the saints .. they attack ..

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

It is then that Satan is finally destroyed .. like his false prophet and beast were 1000 years prior at the 2nd coming ..

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Thus comes the final judgment .. the 2nd & last resurrection ..

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Now notice below that books were opened along with another book .. the book of life .. where people in this judgement are being judged by their works .. this is a non Christian judgment .. think about it .. judged by their works ..

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Christians are not judged by their works but by mercy in Christ .. if one is indeed IN Christ (only The Lord knows) & not deceiving himself .. nevertheless, the fullness of times is almost complete ..

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

No signature .. no entry .. if you fail that "black & white" 2nd judgment's requirements & your name was not transferred into that "other book" .. that book of life .. well ..  

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Then .. finally .. after the 2nd resurrection is complete .. then comes the new heaven & new earth where the Father will come down & finally dwell with all His children .. and all will finally get to see His Face & hear His voice.

Does anybody at least see the picture herein?

Regards.

I agree with pretty much the entirety of what you have ascertained. HOWEVER, there’s one portion that seems ... well, ... shaky ... to me:

You said (and quoted):

"Now notice below that books were opened along with another book .. the book of life .. where people in this judgement are being judged by their works .. this is a non Christian judgment .. think about it .. judged by their works ..

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was openedwhich is the book of lifeand the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the booksaccording to their works.

One book for good works .. One book for bad (my guess) .. if the scale tips in favour of the positive (bureaucratic judgment by numbers & not mercy like Christians get) .. then their name is written in the on hand & waiting "another book" .. the book of life (only after the tally does mercy come upon them)  and those who are mercifully accepted are likewise invited into eternity .. meaning .. every human that ever lived gets a chance too ..  not an easy judgment is a works based judgment .. very risky indeed .. because in a works based judgment, if that scale is even 1 millionth of a degree in the negative .. no pass .. if in the positive .. well .. then mercy is granted them also to complete the trial ..  for this is the judgment for all non believers that ever lived ..  otherwise they would have been resurrected at Christ's 2nd coming .. but they weren't .. thus they can not be believers.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Christians are not judged by their works but by mercy in Christ .. if one is indeed IN Christ (only The Lord knows) & not deceiving himself .. nevertheless, the fullness of times is almost complete ..

Then .. finally .. after the 2nd resurrection is complete .. then comes the new heaven & new earth where the Father will come down & finally dwell with all His children .. and all will finally get to see His Face & hear His voice"

Let’s get the simple part out of the way, first. We will finally “get to see His Face & hear His voice” when we finally get to see and hear the Master, Yeshua`, the Messiah, (the Lord Jesus Christ) for ourselves. “God," we are told, "is a Spirit" - a WIND (Hebrew: ruach; Greek: pneuma), John 4:24. We are also told,

John 14:9
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
KJV

The Father - God the Father - is NOT Someone we CAN see, EXCEPT through His Representative, the Son of God, Yeshua` (Jesus)! Don’t be misled by the philosophy/“theology” and rhetoric of the Mormons. God the Father is NOT just another being, like an angel or a human being. He TRANSCENDS ALL of His Creation!

Secondly, the books “which were written” does NOT mean that they "were BEING written.” They were ALREADY "written."

The Greek of Revelation 20:12 says this:

Apokalupsis Iooannou 20:12
12 Kai eidon tous nekrous, tous megalous kai tous microus, hestootas enoopion tou thronou, kai biblia eenoichtheesan; kai allo biblion eenoichthee, ho estin tees zooees, kai ekritheesan hoi nekroi ek toon gegrammenoon en tois bibliois kata ta erga autoon.
UBS Greek New Testament

12 Kai = 12 And/Also

eidon = I-saw

tous = the

nekrous, = dead-(ones),

tous = the

megalous = great

kai = and/also

tous = the

microus, = small,

hestootas = stand

enoopion = in-the-face

tou = of-the

thronou, = throne,

kai = and/also

biblia = books/scrolls

eenoichtheesan, = were-opened

kai = and/also

allo = another

biblion = book/scroll

eenoichthee, = was-opened,

ho = the-(one)

estin = is

tees = of-the

zooees, = lives/(bibliographies)

kai = and/also

ekritheesan = judged-out

hoi = the

nekroi = dead-(ones)

ek = out/from

toon = the

gegrammenoon = (things)-written

en = in

tois = the

bibliois = books/scrolls

kata = down/according-to

ta = the

erga = works

autoon. = of-them/their.

So, can you see that no writing was going on? It was already finished! They were merely being judged from what was ALREADY written! It doesn’t say this, so this is speculation on my part, but I surmise that the “books” were biographies written on each person’s life, recording the good and bad deeds of each person.

A passage of Scripture that frequently is glossed over and ignored, however, is Ezekiel 3:15-21:

Ezekiel 3:15-21

15 I went to the exiles who were living in Tel-Aviv, by the K’var River and stayed with them there in a stupefied state for seven days. 16 After seven days the word of Adonai came to me:

17 “Human being, I have appointed you to be a watchman for the house of Isra’el. When you hear a word from my mouth, you are to warn them for me. 18 If I say to a wicked person, ‘You will certainly die’; and you fail to warn him, to speak and warn the wicked person to leave his wicked way and save his life; then that wicked person will die guilty; and I will hold you responsible for his death. 19 On the other hand, if you warn the wicked person, and he doesn’t turn from his wickedness or his wicked way, then he will still die guilty; but you will have saved your own life.
20 Similarly, when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and commits wickedness, I will place a stumbling block before him — he will die; because you failed to warn him, he will die in his sin; his righteous acts which he did will not be remembered; and I will hold you responsible for his death. 21 But if you warn the righteous person that a righteous person should not sin, and he doesn’t sin; then he will certainly live, because he took the warning; and you too will have saved your life.” 
CJB

This is important. God has not changed His mind about these judgments; He has merely deferred them to His Messiah.

John 5:21-27
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;
27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
KJV

And, within His Messiah, the judgments are deferred ... or rather TRANSferred to Himself when one is JUSTIFIED by God.

2 Corinthians 5:17-21
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ (the Messiah), he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself (has traded places with Himself) by Jesus Christ (Yeshua` the Messiah), and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation (the service of trading places);
19 To wit, that God was in Christ (the Messiah), reconciling (trading places with) the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation (message about trading places).
20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ (the Messiah), as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead (on the Messiah’s behalf), be ye reconciled to God (TRADE PLACES WITH GOD).
21 For he (God the Father) hath made him (the Son of God, the Messiah) to be sin for us, who (the Son of God, the Messiah) knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God (the Father) in him (the Son of God, the Messiah).
KJV

That’s the transfer:

The Messiah (with no sin) --> our “sin” (and was crucified marked “paid in full” [Greek: “tetelestai”, John 19:30])
WE (with no righteousness) --> "God’s Righteousness" in the Messiah

It’s "not fair,” as children will say, but it was JUST! And, by this transfer, we have been JUSTIFIED BY GOD!

Since these resurrected persons, becoming whole with their living bodies, were never so justified by God, their punishments by death may be deferred; however, it’s NEVER been about “their good deeds outweighing their bad deeds!"

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642

Larry 2 said in post 4:

The words “Eternal and Everlasting” do not denote any suggestion of conditional life to me.

Note that possessing something which is eternal in itself doesn't require that someone will eternally keep possession of it. For example, imagine that one of the eternal precious stones of the city of New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:19) happened to be given to someone living now on the earth, and he kept it in his pocket. But after a few years, he got complacent about it and sold it to a jeweler for a tremendous load of cash (cf. Hebrews 12:16-17). Does this mean it wasn't eternal?

Larry 2 said in post 4:

The words “Eternal and Everlasting” do not denote any suggestion of conditional life to me.

Note that possessing something which is eternal in itself doesn't require that someone will eternally keep possession of it. For example, imagine that one of the eternal precious stones of the city of New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:19) happened to be given to someone living now on the earth, and he kept it in his pocket. But after a few years, he got complacent about it and sold it to a jeweler for a tremendous load of cash (cf. Hebrews 12:16-17). Does this mean it wasn't eternal?

Sounds to me as if it depends on what the precious stone represented.

2 Tim 1:9  Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.
2 Tim 1:12  . . I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 
Your illustration of Esau losing his inheritance seems to be mixing apples with oranges when it come to be concerning his remaining a son. In that case we might have to be disinherited the moment we commit one sin. Esau wasn't even allowed to repent.

Blessing in Christ Jesus brother.   :thumbsup: