• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

Ok, lets get it all in black and white.

Do you support or approve of the Patriot Act?

Do you support or approve of the warrantless phone taping?

No and no.

And yet you told me I am to myopic on the topic because I find what my own government is doing more problematic than Islamist at this time. How did the people you voted for vote on the Patriot Act and it's extension or on the phone tapping?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

No and no.

And yet you told me I am to myopic on the topic because I find what my own government is doing more problematic than Islamist at this time. How did the people you voted for vote on the Patriot Act and it's extension or on the phone tapping?

What a surprise; you misread what I wrote AGAIN!  i said it's not good to focus on the Patriot Act and the President myopically,  I did NOT say YOU.  Go back, read for comprehension.  Honestly, that's like four times in a row you have either misunderstood me or are deliberately being obtuse. As for my Senators and Representative...don't know how they voted. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

No and no.

What a surprise; you misread what I wrote AGAIN!  i said it's not good to focus on the Patriot Act and the President myopically,  I did NOT say YOU.  Go back, read for comprehension.  Honestly, that's like four times in a row you have either misunderstood me or are deliberately being obtuse. As for my Senators and Representative...don't know how they voted. 

The first two words of the post in question are " you seem" followed by short paragraph of three or four sentences. When you start a statement with "you seem", I just assumed you were talking about me. I am not sure what else I could have done. My suggestion is that if you are just making random general statements, don't put them in paragraphs that start with the words " you seem".

I would also suggest you find out how your elected officials vote on things, seems sort of important.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

This looks like a rabbit trail to me.  Weren't we talking about the Freedom of Speech?  How did this turn into an argument over the NDAA and Patriot Act?  From what I can recall, no one has been arrested or suspected of terrorism for speaking out against the US government.

This looks like a rabbit trail to me.  Weren't we talking about the Freedom of Speech?  How did this turn into an argument over the NDAA and Patriot Act?  From what I can recall, no one has been arrested or suspected of terrorism for speaking out against the US government.

Both the Patriot Act and the NDAA are much bigger threats to our freedoms than an employer exercising their rights by firing someone for conduct (which includes speech) that they feel is not consistent with their values.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I know that Uncertain.  These two topics have been thoroughly debated here at Worthy.

It IS a rabbit trail and it seems we always get off the topic.  But that's not so bad as long as we can get back to the actual reason this thread was started. 

The first two words of the post in question are " you seem" followed by short paragraph of three or four sentences. When you start a statement with "you seem", I just assumed you were talking about me. I am not sure what else I could have done. My suggestion is that if you are just making random general statements, don't put them in paragraphs that start with the words " you seem".

I would also suggest you find out how your elected officials vote on things, seems sort of important.

I can only think you are determined to turn everything that is posted into a debate.  Justin is right, this is getting completely off topic.  I did say 'you seem edgy' and it's true, that's how you come across.  Taking this thread completely off course doesn't serve whatever purpose you're after.  As for my representatives and how they voted ...... doesn't interest me until election time. 

I can only think you are determined to turn everything that is posted into a debate.  Justin is right, this is getting completely off topic.  I did say 'you seem edgy' and it's true, that's how you come across.  Taking this thread completely off course doesn't serve whatever purpose you're after.  As for my representatives and how they voted ...... doesn't interest me until election time. 

My only desire is to have a fruitful discussion, but this becomes more difficult when the basic rules of grammar are not followed, and then the suggestions of people lacking the ability to comprehend what is written is made. I do not wish a debate, but neither do I wish to be insulted, I would prefer a civil discussion on the topic of the freedom of speech.

My only desire is to have a fruitful discussion, but this becomes more difficult when the basic rules of grammar are not followed, and then the suggestions of people lacking the ability to comprehend what is written is made. I do not wish a debate, but neither do I wish to be insulted, I would prefer a civil discussion on the topic of the freedom of speech.

Then I would suggest you address what is actually said, drop the defensive attitude and stop derailing threads with your antigovernment spiel. There is no intent to insult you, I know you can comprehend what is written.  The only problem I have is that you choose not to and infer that others are irresponsible and went to lousy schools.  Pot, meet kettle.