• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1959

I was talking today at Walmart to lawyer who  is a deacon at my brother's church and was a groomsman at his wedding.   He asked him about the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage and he said that gay relationships and the previous civil unions have a short life expectancy, as he put it.  This guy handles divorces and other stuff and he said that gay marriages may turn out to be  very rocky and short lived.  So he said that some lawyers may find themselves inundated with requests to handle divorces.

This reminds me of what I had read some time back about gay relationships, that they are not monogamous and tend to be abusive.

This may be a case of, "forbidden fruit always tastes sweeter."   Once they get what they want, suddenly, and once the grinding day to day realities of  marriage relationship set in, they may find that they liked it better when they were simply dating instead of in a full blown marriage.

Thank goodness they have heterosexual marriage to use as example of sticking together and toughing it out...

oh wait, never mind, don't follow our example.

Guest shiloh357

Actually heterosexual marriages stay solvent far longer than some erroneous statistics claim, especially among Christians. 

Guest shiloh357

Homosexual marriage isn't marriage because God defines marriage as being between a man and woman.  No court has the authority redefine marriage.

Homosexual marriage isn't marriage because God defines marriage as being between a man and woman.  No court has the authority redefine marriage.

Marriage, in the context of a civil union with certain benefits attached to it has always been defined by the society assigning the benefits.

The Godly sacrament of marriage and the civil legal partnership that share the name are not the same thing. God does not issue a license.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

@ Ayin Jade, if that isn't an in your face insult to the majority who oppose gay marriage, I don't know what is.  That is an absolutely disgusting thing to do with public property.  The White House doesn't belong to Obama or the gay lobby.  It belongs to the American people.

Definitely insulting to the majority of americans but even more so, I saw it as an in your face insult to God. He might as well have set up an altar to a false god on the white house lawn. It made me wonder if God was going to give the us a smack down over that. Especially since obamas goal is to spread this across the world.

The majority of Americans support same sex marriage 61% to 35% against. Not sure the majority are upset.

As it has already been said by Patriot, the majority of the US embraces sin.  Such has been said about the end times in scripture.

@ Ayin Jade, if that isn't an in your face insult to the majority who oppose gay marriage, I don't know what is.  That is an absolutely disgusting thing to do with public property.  The White House doesn't belong to Obama or the gay lobby.  It belongs to the American people.

Definitely insulting to the majority of americans but even more so, I saw it as an in your face insult to God. He might as well have set up an altar to a false god on the white house lawn. It made me wonder if God was going to give the us a smack down over that. Especially since obamas goal is to spread this across the world.

The majority of Americans support same sex marriage 61% to 35% against. Not sure the majority are upset.

As it has already been said by Patriot, the majority of the US embraces sin.  Such has been said about the end times in scripture.

The majority of Americans have always embraced sin in one form or another.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The gay rights thing doesn't bother me as much as how it was done. I'm sorry but homosexuality is already rampant as is other sins, we were at Sodom and gamorrah stage long ago, legalizing gay marriage doesn't make a difference one way or another as far as that's going to be concerned. Illegalizing it doesn't make gay couples any less gay, or any less sinful.

What bothers me is the way it was done. The supreme Court has no authority to make law, just to decide if what comes out of the other two branches is legal or not. This is something that should have either been left to the state-or if it had to be at a federal level, gone through Congress and signed by the President. The fact the supreme Court bypassed Congress and is making law is nothing short of tyranny.

Well, there it is.  Marriage has always been governed by the state you live in....there has never been a federal marriage license in the history of the U.S.  The SCOTUS has way overstepped and it's time we, the people, figure out what to do about them.  They're a bunch of old fossils anyway, IMO, and have WAY too much power over the country.  The Constitution specifcally states that any powers not granted explicitly to the Federal government by that document belong solely to the states.  Precedent can be found in history.....power given can be taken away.  This is NOT over. 

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure before recently states did not refuse to honor the license issued by another state, even if they had differing rules. I have lived in many states and never once did one not honor my marriage. This is how the Supreme Court got involved.

Imagine this, a gay couple was legally married in NY and then was driving to SoCal via Texas. One partner has a heart attack while passing through Texas. As it stood before yesterday, the other partner had no legal rights to approve medical treatments or even be a visitor in the hospital.

Does that seem right to you?

Your observation is valid but has no bearing on what I posted.  THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A FEDERAL MARRIAGE LICENSE. There has never been a law that any state has to recognize another state's marriages.  The S.C. is supposed to INTERPRET law.  In this case, there is no prior law to interpret. 

There still is no Federal marriage license, the Supreme Court interpreted "equal protection under the law".

I'm fully aware of what they interpreted (I posted the text of the 14th amendment on one of these threads).  My point is that the job of the judicial branch is to interpret the law, i.e. decide if it's constitutional, and there was NO existing law to interpret.  The Constitution does NOT guarantee any American the right to marry.....not you, me or anyone else so where does 'equal protection under the law' come in?  Marriage has always been a state institution and the feds don't have the constitutional authority to regulate it. 

I don't believe for one second that 61 percent of Americans support gay marriage.  They were making up ridiculous poll numbers like that all across the country, and then state by state, the people voted to ban gay marriage.  In my state, they were making out like the majority would oppose the ban or it was too close to call, and 60 percent voted to ban it.  Those numbers are completely made up.  I don't believe them for one second.  The actual votes prove you can't trust polls anymore.  They are used for propaganda purposes. 

I will say this Uncertain.  If an adult wants to sign some kind of legal paper giving any other adult the right to make medical decisions for them, I am fine with that, but you shouldn't need a marriage license to do it.

I agree with your last statement, I also agree with the Libertarian view of marriage, the government has no right to define, license or restrict personal relationships.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

You do realize you are making secular arguments on a Christian webpage, don't you?  From a spiritual standpoint, the US is in bad shape and that is what these discussions all amount to anyway.  Christians have a right to determine the type of morals and values they want their government to have.  I find it quite ironic that you feel no one is willing to agree with or listen to you, when you are basically walking into our church and attempting to persuade us to embrace secular values within our congregation.