Going through a difficult situation.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Hello, welcome. Just quickly.. I am concerned that you are not married and have been dating so long!

Hello, our reasons for dating so long and not being married are for reasons being that we are both only 20, personally I am not comfortable with getting married at this age (school is still being dealt with which is expensive). We thought it would be best to wait a couple years as to allow us more time to get financial things in order before getting married.

Besides, I've heard that unfaithfulness, lack of communication, and financial struggles are the main things that cause divorce, so why give those things a chance to cause us marital problems down the road if we can avoid them?

I think that is a wise choice and yes 20 is very young to marry.Many people date for a long time.That way you get to know each other better.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hello, welcome. Just quickly.. I am concerned that you are not married and have been dating so long!

Hello, our reasons for dating so long and not being married are for reasons being that we are both only 20, personally I am not comfortable with getting married at this age (school is still being dealt with which is expensive). We thought it would be best to wait a couple years as to allow us more time to get financial things in order before getting married.

Besides, I've heard that unfaithfulness, lack of communication, and financial struggles are the main things that cause divorce, so why give those things a chance to cause us marital problems down the road if we can avoid them?

Hello again. I remember when my wife and I were both concerned with the financial aspects of getting married as well and held off getting married for way to long :) Any good church pastor that is farmiliar with scripture and understands the Biblical importance of marriage will have absolutely no problem with marrying you both for free, and really should be encouraging it!

In response to your second comment, you should not be worried about those things. Let tomorrow worry about itself. (Matt 6:34)  If you are both right with God, and obey him, he will look after you both. It is written in Proverbs 1:33 - But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear or harm. Not to say you may not have certain problems after being married (you are human, and sin exists) but the difference being, you would have both made a promise and commitment before God, therefore these issues will be handled accordingly. A few examples are; 1 Corinthians 7:2, (Marriage protects individuals from sexual immorality). It is also clear that God created marriage for our own good (Proverbs 18:22). Also, marriage will promote a healthier society and produce holiness in your lives. It is quite clear that God created marriage for our good (proverbs 18:22) - He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.

Not only does marriage teach children (when you have them) how to be faithful and give them a stable environment in which they can grow and learn, but it also has a sanctifying effect on both marriage partners when they submit to God’s law (Ephesians 5).

Finally, marriage is an wonderful picture of the relationship between Christ and His church. The body of believers that make up the Church are called - the bride of Christ. As Bridegroom, Jesus gave His life for His bride, “to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word” (Ephesians 5:25-26), and Jesus' selfless act gives a clear example for all husbands. At the second coming of Jesus Christ, the church will be finally united with the Bridegroom. The official “wedding ceremony” will take place, and with it the eternal union of Christ and His bride will be actualized (Revelation 19:7-9; 21:1-2).

I would politely ask you, and others that think you should not get married yet (before taking or giving any advice on marriage), that you refer back to scripture and understand that God is the ONLY one that advice should come from. His plans and promises are real and his word has the final authority, not people. May God bless you both, guide you, and keep you with him forever.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

I think you guys still have time to work things out. What's the rush? Well the issue here is not about not believing in Christ but rather she is coming from the perspective of loving them although she doesn't agree with the action, I hope? And is this the only issue you guys disagree about or other issues as well. In dating and marriage, spouses would disagree on many things, but there is always ways to overcome. Like in your case, is the issue that big that it would jeopardize both your walk in Christ? Can both of you walk together? Does the LGBT issue is worth the break of your relationship? 2 years is not that long if you ask me but long enough if both of you have been dating amidst few differences. Well...can there be tolerance to differences of opinions? Give and take policy?

I think the same too. Marry only if you are ready. Wisest thing to do. Not everyone go through happily ever after. Look at the percentage of divorces? I'm sure not everyone marry to divorce. But things happen yeah. So marry when u are ready.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I think the same too. Marry only if you are ready. Wisest thing to do. Not everyone go through happily ever after. Look at the percentage of divorces? I'm sure not everyone marry to divorce. But things happen yeah. So marry when u are ready.

Tanusha, can you please back up your statement biblically? After all, this is a Christian Forum, and Biblical advice should be sought and offered. Nothing is more important than God's true word! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

john, 

you cant shange the world sowhy you letting the world change you . foccus on the lord and although its sad about this gay stuff, dont let that come between you and her. and its a good thing to have two different opinions . if my bf was good with gays and i wasnt. well hes entitled to his own opinion. and i am entitled to mine. his liking the gay thing wil.l NEVER change my opinion that its wrong in the Lord eyes and mine also. but if you got love there between you two , go for it. someone said unequally yoked. yea well my parents were unequally yoked for years. my dad was muslim an my my mum a christian . but they LOVED each other  for almost 44 yrs till dad left this earth. and they never fought about religion , they fought about us kids . it can work but its hard. if she is your soulmate , that is what you should be asking God. not about the gay factor. the gay factor is like worldly stuff like so much other stuff. satan tries to pulll people away like this. with worrying . dont let him do that to you. stay focused and pray to God and ask Him if she is the right mate for YOU.

When the enEmy sends us notes, it sounds much like this: a good reason to do something bad.

Now being that I've said that, I'm forced into replying to your dlilemma, JohnDi...

I think there is wisdom, John, in you taking more time to discern the heart of your girlfriend. She is young. She has been put into a hard place of choosing Christ over much more physical, touch and feel, relationships. She feels that if she sides with God's instruction, that she is being a dis-loyal friend. Frankly, there is nothing wrong with Lindsey having a best friend. The fact that she is a bi-sexual proves nothing more than she is lost, and that's what lost people do. Lindsey, if she were further down her road in her relationship with Jesus, would realize she doesn't have to choose between the two. She can both be friends with the girl (friendship is a matter of heart-felt love and trust), without even voicing the fact that she agrees with God that homosexuality isn't right. What God will do is, somewhere down the road, He'll prick the curiosity of this friend of Lindsey's...and she will ask Lindsey what she thinks of it. Lindsey can then explain to her, with all the love of God, how she feels and why... and most likely this friend will receive the Truth from Lindsey when she might otherwise reject the Truth from any other human being on earth. The issue of homosexuality is nothing that should stand between them unless the girl requires Lindsey to participate or ask her to mentally or emotionally  entertain the environment.

Lindsey's relationship with her best friend could be an excellent opportunity for the love of God to penetrate the heart of her best friend... It's very possible it is all ministry with spiritual lessons for all concerned. God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. The main thing for both you and Lindsey to do is just not ignore God. Let Him work. Let Him mature you both. Crossing Lindsey off because she simply needs to grow and learn, it's... so short of the grace that's been given us. But neither can you be led around by eVil in your life just because there is a "good enough reason". Wisdom (which comes from God, alone), must be sought. It happens. This is the life of believers. You encounter things on a personal level in life and need answers from Father. That's what we do.

Pray to find a way to let God be God, without being dragged away by eVil to satisfy the flesh. Living a life of conflict is NOT God's "common" plan for you and your wife to be.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Tonight me and Lindsay's mentor sat down with her and went over everything, and God did wonders in her heart.

We explained everything to her, and she admitted her mistakes, admitted she did not handle this well, and is back on track, she proudly and lovingly knows Gods word is the ultimate authority.

I saw true repentance from her today.

I cannot thank you all enough for the prayers, love and encouragement I have received, we are back on track now with Gods will and word at the front of our lives.

Thank you again everybody.

Obviously I replied above before I finished this thread. But I would have needed to point that out anyway.

I hope you both have long life living for our Lord, Jesus Christ... Seek Him first and all things will be added unto you. It ALWAYS works that way...

God bless...

Tanusha, can you please back up your statement biblically? After all, this is a Christian Forum, and Biblical advice should be sought and offered. Nothing is more important than God's true word! :)

Indeed, I never disagreed with you. While, marriage is biblical and all that, I was merely agreeing that it is wise that both should be ready for marriage, spiritually, mentally and physically. Anyway, this is a welcome section.

Besides, I come from a totally different culture than yours so, for those who know me would probably understand ... God bless.