• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

There are better ways of leading people away from false teachers like Osteen, Copeland and Meyer without heckling them.

Nothing false about them. That's only your opinion.

Yes...  Joyce Meyer is just a Copeland Parrot.  Osteen admits readily that he has exactly zero hours of any kind of formal biblical or ministerial training.

Meyer is not a parrot of anyone. She doesn't need to be. As for any other minister of the word, formal biblical training is not required when God is at the helm.

Joel Osteen is one of the erroneous Bible teachers out there.    He leaves people comfortable in their sin and he never preaches the Gospel.

Yes,that is dangerous.He has never been to seminary or Bible college.Him along with Joyce Meyers.

Where in the bible does it say we have to attend a seminary to preach the word or lead others?

Joel Osteen is one of the erroneous Bible teachers out there.    He leaves people comfortable in their sin and he never preaches the Gospel.

That's a lie.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

That's a lie.

Please look at this.I hate to see that you are listening to false teaching.It makes me sad.

http://www.thebiblicalworldview.org/is-joel-osteen-a-false-prophet/

That's a lie.

Please look at this.I hate to see that you are listening to false teaching.It makes me sad.

http://www.thebiblicalworldview.org/is-joel-osteen-a-false-prophet/

I don't give false teaching the time of day. Nor do I pay heed to online articles that claim expertise in what they have to say about people. It's simply gossip. I have Spirit-filled and Spirit-led pastors, thanks. I don't spend my time denigrating other pastors. God has given me the mind of Christ. I use it, and don't heed gossip, which is a sin---and I suggest those members here who have joined in the slander and gossip of a fellow believer, you need to do some soul searching.

Guest shiloh357

Joel Osteen never preaches the Gospel.   He can't say that Muslims are going to hell. He is soft on sin.   He is a false teacher.  

As for formal Bible teaching, it is important that a person be trained in doctrine and theology.  

Without training in theology you get wacky unbiblical teachings like "Jesus paid for sin in hell"   and "you don't have a God in you; you are one."   

Without proper training in theology we get people like Creflo Dollar who pretends to believe in "seed time and harvest"   but then gets on the internet and begs everyone to send him $65 Million to buy the most luxurious private plane in the world.

A lack of formal education in the Scriptures is not a virtue.  We would not want someone to be our lawyer who had no formal education in law.   We would not want someone to be our doctor who had no medical training or formal education in medical school.  We would not trust someone to be our CPA who didn't have the necessary formal training.  Why would we want someone with no formal training in theology teaching about God???

While it is true, that ministry is caught, not taught,  that is no excuse for not having some formal training in theology.   Ministry such as works of kindness and benevolence require no formal training, but the Bible puts a huge premium on knowledge, and not just knowledge but correct knowledge.

You need formal training in theology because THE most successful cults in the US are the ones who use the Bible.   And many of their teachings fool and deceive people who have only rudimentary knowledge of the Bible.   More than half of the Mormons are people who were raised in church.   The last thing we need are people in positions of teaching who are, themselves, susceptible to being deceived and are not skilled in the finer points of theology, which are often needed when dealing with religious cults that twist the Bible.

Osteen and Co.  have no more knowledge of the Bible than the people he is teaching and all he teaches are pop culture motivational sermons, and he includes very little Bible in his sermons and no Gospel.   

If you were born and raised in his church and listened to no one but Osteen, you could go your entire life never hearing the Gospel from him and probably go to hell when you died because he will never talk about sin, repentance, the cross, the blood of Jesus and certainly never about hell or judgment.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Joel Osteen never preaches the Gospel.   He can't say that Muslims are going to hell. He is soft on sin.   He is a false teacher.  

As for formal Bible teaching, it is important that a person be trained in doctrine and theology.  

Without training in theology you get wacky unbiblical teachings like "Jesus paid for sin in hell"   and "you don't have a God in you; you are one."   

Without proper training in theology we get people like Creflo Dollar who pretends to believe in "seed time and harvest"   but then gets on the internet and begs everyone to send him $65 Million to buy the most luxurious private plane in the world.

A lack of formal education in the Scriptures is not a virtue.  We would not want someone to be our lawyer who had no formal education in law.   We would not want someone to be our doctor who had no medical training or formal education in medical school.  We would not trust someone to be our CPA who didn't have the necessary formal training.  Why would we want someone with no formal training in the theology teaching about God???

While it is true, that ministry is caught, not taught,  that is no excuse for not having some formal training in theology.   Ministry such as works of kindness and benevolence require no formal training, but the Bible puts a huge premium on knowledge, and not just knowledge but correct knowledge.

You need formal training in theology because THE most successful cults in the US are the ones who use the Bible.   And many of their teachings fool and deceive people who have only rudimentary knowledge of the Bible.   More than half of the Mormons are people who were raised in church.   The last thing we need are people in positions of teaching who are, themselves, susceptible to being deceived and are not skilled in the finer points of theology, which are often needed when dealing with religious cults that twist the Bible.

Osteen and Co.  have no more knowledge of the Bible than the people he is teaching and all he teaches are pop culture motivational sermons, and he includes very little Bible in his sermons and no Gospel.   

If you were born and raised in his church and listened to no one but Osteen, you could go your entire life never hearing the Gospel from him and probably go to hell when you died because he will never talk about sin, repentance, the cross, the blood of Jesus and certainly never about hell or judgment.

Yes,that would be kind of scary.As your doctor was doing a surgical procedure he was saying "Hmmm....now let me get out my instruction manual".  :crazy:

That's only a lie you have chosen to believe.

Yes,that would be kind of scary.As your doctor was doing a surgical procedure he was saying "Hmmm....now let me get out my instruction manual".  :crazy:

Our instruction manual is the scriptures.

2 Timothy 3:16 (AMP)

Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action),