Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

In my last post, "Zion", I tried to bring to your attention that when God mentions this name, he is speaking of his holy city where we should spiritually dwell, in order to receive truth.  This truth comes from heaven and Jesus will feed all who dwell in her.  The reason why we dwell in her is because we receive her teachings and love her ways. Her teachings are converting us, transforming us on the inside, day by day, and replacing the "spirit of the flesh" we once had in us with "the spirit of God". 

Our spirit contains all that we have done in our lifetime.  It is the essence of our soul, and whatever we have done cannot be blotted out.  If we take to the grave with us our transformed spirit from God, then this is what will be "quickened" at the resurrection of the saints.  Some will not even see death, but changed in the blink of an eye if that spirit of God is in them.  This is a different kind of a birth.  Not like coming out of our mothers water like when we were born flesh,  but coming out of Zion this time, born of the spirit, literally!.  Born of Zion. 

Why?  Because during our lifetime we proved to God that we were willing to be transformed from the inside, and like little children knowing nothing, trusted in him to perfect us "according to his word", and his basic instructions (eg love thy neighbour,  or forgive your brother before you bring your gift to the altar etc) was only just the start (the milk), but God has shown us that if we get past the milk, he will give us the solids also, and from this we really mature in our spirit, waiting for the day when our Lord comes to collect us.

So our transformation started on the inside, and finally, at the resurrection, the outside will be completed also, made all perfect and clothed with pure white robes, ... no spots if one has matured.

So the only reason why I thought of doing this post in the first place, is because no-body mentions Zion, and I think that many don't understand what she represents, so I wanted to share.  This should give us more encouragement to come out of Babylon, and feed where there is life.

Remember, there is no real woman. God only likens her to one because a woman nurtures and produces children.  All this comes from God, and he sent Christ our Lord to reveal truth to us.

I encourage everyone to seek "Zion" in the scriptures and you will see for yourself that she is a spiritual city of truth, because of what she teaches, and just because you never heard of it explained this way does not mean that it is not true. 

All knowledge comes from God, and the glory goes to the Lamb of God who feeds us and shows us things continually.  The truth flows like a fountain, it should never stop flowing or else it we will be standing in still, stagnant muddy waters.  If we think we know everything, and no body else is allowed to think for themselves and share what they can see, then pride will hinder us and what is truly inside us will manifest. Defend with truth and with scriptures, not insults.   I am not church taught, so I don't have a doctrine to protect.  I came to Christ as a child not knowing anything, and I trusted him to feed me through his word, because that what he said he could do and I trust him.  I don't know all your doctrines, so if I offend anyone, it's not intentional.

I don't expect anyone to follow what I say, I'm just having my say, like all of you do, so please seek for yourselves in the scriptures.  Some of you wont even read this post, or will ignore, that's ok.

Now that Zion is covered, and I've got this out of my system, there's something else to read up on.  And this is "the daughter of Zion", and we can see here that God is not happy.  I've wondered why for years.

Isaiah 1:2   Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the LORD hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.

Isaiah 1:3   The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.

Isaiah 1:4   Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the LORD, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

Isaiah 1:5   Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.

Isaiah 1:6   From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is no soundness in it; but wounds, and bruises, and putrifying sores: they have not been closed, neither bound up, neither mollified with ointment.

Isaiah 1:7   Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

Isaiah 1:8   And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.

Isaiah 1:9   Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

Isaiah 1:10   Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

Isaiah 1:11   To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

Isaiah 1:12   When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?

Isaiah 1:13   Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Isaiah 1:14   Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.

Isaiah 1:15   And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

Isaiah 1:16   Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

Isaiah 1:17   Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Isaiah 1:18   Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 1:19   If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:

Isaiah 1:20   But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Isaiah 1:21   How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.

Isaiah 1:22   Thy silver is become dross, thy wine mixed with water:

Isaiah 1:23   Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Isaiah 1:24   Therefore saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts, the mighty One of Israel, Ah, I will ease me of mine adversaries, and avenge me of mine enemies:

Isaiah 1:25   And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:

Isaiah 1:26   And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.

Isaiah 1:27   Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness.

Isaiah 1:28   And the destruction of the transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed.

Isaiah 1:29   For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which ye have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens that ye have chosen.

Isaiah 1:30   For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water.

Isaiah 1:31   And the strong shall be as tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does the Bible mean when it refers to a 'Daughter of Zion'?"

Answer:
The “daughter of Zion” is mentioned several times in the Old Testament, usually in prophecy and once in poetry. “Zion” meant Jerusalem and, later, Israel as the people of God. “Daughter of Zion,” then, does not refer to a specific person. It’s a metaphor for Israel and the loving, caring, patient relationship God has with His chosen people.

As a representation of the people of Israel, the daughter of Zion is described in several different situations:

2 Kings 19:21: A people confident in the deliverance of their God. When Assyria threatened Jerusalem, King Hezekiah went to the Lord. In response, God sent Isaiah to reassure Hezekiah that Jerusalem would not fall to Assyria, and God considered the threatening insult to “the virgin daughter of Zion” as a personal affront to Himself.

Isaiah 1:8: A hut, abandoned after judgment came to an evil family. Here, Isaiah compares the rebellion of Judah to a sick body in a devastated land. The daughter of Zion is left as a lone remnant—a shelter hidden in the vineyard or a hut in a cucumber field that barely escaped destruction.

Jeremiah 4:31: A woman in labor, helpless before attackers. The steadfastness of Hezekiah was rare in Judah—most kings encouraged rebellion against God instead of loyalty to God. Jeremiah warns that if the nation does not turn away from evil, God will punish them severely. And the people will be helpless against it—as helpless as a woman in labor.

Isaiah 62:11: A people awaiting salvation. After the punishment of exile, God promises restoration to Israel. He will rejoice over His chosen people again. And in verse 11, he promises the daughter of Zion, “Lo, your salvation comes; behold His reward is with Him, and His recompense before Him.”

Micah 4:13: A bull that threshes his enemies. In verse 10, God warns that the daughter of Zion will suffer as much as a woman in labor. But in verse 13, He promises vengeance. The weak, powerless woman will become a bull with horns of iron and hoofs of bronze that will crush its enemies.

Zechariah 9:9: A land awaiting its king. This prophecy promises Israel’s enemies will be destroyed, but also speaks about a more permanent solution to the problem of sin. “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Should in triumph, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; he is just and endowed with salvation, humble, and mounted on a donkey, even on a colt, the foal of a donkey.” Despite the consistent rebellion of the daughter of Zion against her Father, He promises to restore her and present her with a Deliverer-King in the form of Jesus.

“Daughter” infers that God is a loving father. He cherishes and loves His people, even while they reject Him. By using the metaphor “daughter of Zion,” God showed how He felt for the rebellious Israelites: frustrated, angry, but always with an eye to the future when the relationship would be restored, and He could once again return to them and welcome them into His arms (Zechariah 2:10).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/daughter-of-Zion.html#ixzz3fngRDa4o

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

“Daughter of Zion,” then, does not refer to a specific person. It’s a metaphor for Israel and the loving, caring, patient relationship God has with His chosen people.

This is essentially correct.  Perhaps it is addressed more to believing Israel than unbelieving Israel.  God always looks into the future and sees Israel as redeemed and restored.

Thats right Bopeep

The "daughter of Zion" is Israel.

So when we say "daughter of Zion" from now on, we will all speak with that same understanding, of who she is.

If anyone not familiar with the scriptures pick up the bible and read the words "the daughter of Zion" they wouldn't have a clue who or what it represents.

God has his own unique lingo and no matter what language our bibles are printed in, he is showing us his language, ...his meaning, which are the things pertaining to the spirit - truth.

So Zion has just shown us all something here, and fed us with a little bit more.

This is important to know, because if we are to understand the prophesies, we have to understand God's speech, and the reasons behind why he is going to perform the things he will do.

God bless.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

In my last post, "Zion", I tried to bring to your attention that when God mentions this name, he is speaking of his holy city where we should spiritually dwell, in order to receive truth.  This truth comes from heaven and Jesus will feed all who dwell in her.  The reason why we dwell in her is because we receive her teachings and love her ways. Her teachings are converting us, transforming us on the inside, day by day, and replacing the "spirit of the flesh" we once had in us with "the spirit of God". 

Our spirit contains all that we have done in our lifetime.  It is the essence of our soul, and whatever we have done cannot be blotted out.  If we take to the grave with us our transformed spirit from God, then this is what will be "quickened" at the resurrection of the saints.  Some will not even see death, but changed in the blink of an eye if that spirit of God is in them.  This is a different kind of a birth.  Not like coming out of our mothers water like when we were born flesh,  but coming out of Zion this time, born of the spirit, literally!.  Born of Zion. 

Why?  Because during our lifetime we proved to God that we were willing to be transformed from the inside, and like little children knowing nothing, trusted in him to perfect us "according to his word", and his basic instructions (eg love thy neighbour,  or forgive your brother before you bring your gift to the altar etc) was only just the start (the milk), but God has shown us that if we get past the milk, he will give us the solids also, and from this we really mature in our spirit, waiting for the day when our Lord comes to collect us.

So our transformation started on the inside, and finally, at the resurrection, the outside will be completed also, made all perfect and clothed with pure white robes, ... no spots if one has matured.

So the only reason why I thought of doing this post in the first place, is because no-body mentions Zion, and I think that many don't understand what she represents, so I wanted to share.  This should give us more encouragement to come out of Babylon, and feed where there is life.

Remember, there is no real woman. God only likens her to one because a woman nurtures and produces children.  All this comes from God, and he sent Christ our Lord to reveal truth to us.

I encourage everyone to seek "Zion" in the scriptures and you will see for yourself that she is a spiritual city of truth, because of what she teaches, and just because you never heard of it explained this way does not mean that it is not true. 

All knowledge comes from God, and the glory goes to the Lamb of God who feeds us and shows us things continually.  The truth flows like a fountain, it should never stop flowing or else it we will be standing in still, stagnant muddy waters.  If we think we know everything, and no body else is allowed to think for themselves and share what they can see, then pride will hinder us and what is truly inside us will manifest. Defend with truth and with scriptures, not insults.   I am not church taught, so I don't have a doctrine to protect.  I came to Christ as a child not knowing anything, and I trusted him to feed me through his word, because that what he said he could do and I trust him.  I don't know all your doctrines, so if I offend anyone, it's not intentional.

I don't expect anyone to follow what I say, I'm just having my say, like all of you do, so please seek for yourselves in the scriptures.  Some of you wont even read this post, or will ignore, that's ok.

I think it's great that you have your say, Sister.  Your's is just as important as anyone else's here and I don't think most will ignore your post.  We do suffer from the 'I think I know everything' syndrome at times but it just goes with being human....even though we know very little.  I will definitely read up on Zion.

Thank you MorningGlory.

God bless you.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Thank you MorningGlory.

God bless you.

:mgbowtie:

Some more scriptures relating to "the daughter of Zion".

This is a very powerful prophecy concerning the end times.

Lamentations 2:1   How hath the Lord covered the daughter of Zion with a cloud in his anger, and cast down from heaven unto the earth the beauty of Israel, and remembered not his footstool in the day of his anger!

Lamentations 2:2   The Lord hath swallowed up all the habitations of Jacob, and hath not pitied: he hath thrown down in his wrath the strong holds of the daughter of Judah; he hath brought them down to the ground: he hath polluted the kingdom and the princes thereof.

Lamentations 2:3   He hath cut off in his fierce anger all the horn of Israel: he hath drawn back his right hand from before the enemy, and he burned against Jacob like a flaming fire, which devoureth round about.

Lamentations 2:4   He hath bent his bow like an enemy: he stood with his right hand as an adversary, and slew all that were pleasant to the eye in the tabernacle of the daughter of Zion: he poured out his fury like fire.

Lamentations 2:5   The Lord was as an enemy: he hath swallowed up Israel, he hath swallowed up all her palaces: he hath destroyed his strong holds, and hath increased in the daughter of Judah mourning and lamentation.

Lamentations 2:6   And he hath violently taken away his tabernacle, as if it were of a garden: he hath destroyed his places of the assembly: the LORD hath caused the solemn feasts and sabbaths to be forgotten in Zion, and hath despised in the indignation of his anger the king and the priest.

Lamentations 2:7   The Lord hath cast off his altar, he hath abhorred his sanctuary, he hath given up into the hand of the enemy the walls of her palaces; they have made a noise in the house of the LORD, as in the day of a solemn feast.

Lamentations 2:8   The LORD hath purposed to destroy the wall of the daughter of Zion: he hath stretched out a line, he hath not withdrawn his hand from destroying: therefore he made the rampart and the wall to lament; they languished together.

Lamentations 2:9   Her gates are sunk into the ground; he hath destroyed and broken her bars: her king and her princes are among the Gentiles: the law is no more; her prophets also find no vision from the LORD.

Lamentations 2:10   The elders of the daughter of Zion sit upon the ground, and keep silence: they have cast up dust upon their heads; they have girded themselves with sackcloth: the virgins of Jerusalem hang down their heads to the ground.

Lamentations 2:11   Mine eyes do fail with tears, my bowels are troubled, my liver is poured upon the earth, for the destruction of the daughter of my people; because the children and the sucklings swoon in the streets of the city.

Lamentations 2:12   They say to their mothers, Where is corn and wine? when they swooned as the wounded in the streets of the city, when their soul was poured out into their mothers' bosom.

Lamentations 2:13   What thing shall I take to witness for thee? what thing shall I liken to thee, O daughter of Jerusalem? what shall I equal to thee, that I may comfort thee, O virgin daughter of Zion? for thy breach is great like the sea: who can heal thee?

Lamentations 2:14   Thy prophets have seen vain and foolish things for thee: and they have not discovered thine iniquity, to turn away thy captivity; but have seen for thee false burdens and causes of banishment.

Lamentations 2:15   All that pass by clap their hands at thee; they hiss and wag their head at the daughter of Jerusalem, saying, Is this the city that men call The perfection of beauty, The joy of the whole earth?

Lamentations 2:16   All thine enemies have opened their mouth against thee: they hiss and gnash the teeth: they say, We have swallowed her up: certainly this is the day that we looked for; we have found, we have seen it.

Lamentations 2:17   The LORD hath done that which he had devised; he hath fulfilled his word that he had commanded in the days of old: he hath thrown down, and hath not pitied: and he hath caused thine enemy to rejoice over thee, he hath set up the horn of thine adversaries.

Lamentations 2:18   Their heart cried unto the Lord, O wall of the daughter of Zion, let tears run down like a river day and night: give thyself no rest; let not the apple of thine eye cease.

Lamentations 2:19   Arise, cry out in the night: in the beginning of the watches pour out thine heart like water before the face of the Lord: lift up thy hands toward him for the life of thy young children, that faint for hunger in the top of every street.

Lamentations 2:20   Behold, O LORD, and consider to whom thou hast done this. Shall the women eat their fruit, and children of a span long? shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord?

Lamentations 2:21   The young and the old lie on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my young men are fallen by the sword; thou hast slain them in the day of thine anger; thou hast killed, and not pitied.

Lamentations 2:22   Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.

There are many more scriptures relating to "the daughter of Zion" that I can add later.

I will move on to my next post now and call it  "the daughters of Zion" and show that there is a difference between these two.

I hope you will see it too.

There are many more scriptures relating to "the daughter of Zion" that I can add later.