• Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Genesis 4:9 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?”

He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?”

:thumbsup:

I

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:18 (NIV)

Believe

AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.' "The second is this, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:30-31 (NASB)

So

Whoever conceals an offense promotes love, but whoever gossips about it separates friends.  Proverbs 17:9 (HCSB)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

We are the keepers of the faith and the preachers of the word we are our brother and sisters keepers to  a point of praying and sharing ,but if someone is not willing to listen it is not for us to impose our will on them but to share jesus with them in compassion and in love not forcing the scripture  or force feeding the word in there mouth, it is to be handle with responsibility of upholding the peace and sincerity of what jesus would want us to do ,for love is not forced and we are of free will and everyone must choose for them selves out of free will to come to Christ or to reject him we are to give people the seed and if it be you or someone else that waters it , at least we tried to plant seeds , and let god work it out, for we may not see what the end of it may be if it grew or died,but we will have a effect on its growth.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

Yes i am believing .. i am my brother's keeper.. and people keeper,,

if i don't do any work for them.. they can get help from other way, because God can show some way to them, but i will perish

any how i am brother's keeper.. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

simplejeff,

If it is not too personal to ask, what effect has that experience had on your responsibility to fulfill that commandment from your Lord and savior? 

Me? I will live out my life, not having fulfilled that single goal. Yet I take it very seriously, and is a daily reminder to me what I was commanded to do.

Thanks simplejeff,

Maybe this is a personal conversation [ if so then I understand as it is off-topic but important to me either way, as I believe you are struggling with something (as we all are) ], that I do not wish to engage in unless you believe that such burdens are not unique, or that passion is infallible. What is unique [ to us all ] are circumstances that lead to that passion. 

Having done the things you've described I am certain that you have also been taken advantage of. It hurts. I would imagine that being beaten, spat on, ridiculed, nailed to a tree, and dying for those very people [ and those that followed ] HURT as well. 

Me? I will live out my life, not having fulfilled that single goal. Yet I take it very seriously, and is a daily reminder to me what I was commanded to do.

?  what do you mean not having fulfilled that single goal ?  I know most people never even try to,

but all the disciples following Yeshua who do what He commands, if they trust the Father to accomplish this, it is fulfilled with perfect joy, peace, and righteousness as well as the wonderful blessing of eternal life.

I cannot carry Christ's burden. I cannot carry yours. I cannot answer for "most people". I answer only for me, and I know that it was love that saved me. A love that I could not, in a million years reproduce. 

Love is both a gift and commandment then.