Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Then what this means is the binding of satan is not so total that he has no influence over man during the millenium.  He is restricted much like I've been saying, but not prevented totally from exerting influence.

Terese

Man was born into sin since the beginning, therefore needs rules.

What it means is that even without Satan's influence and interfering, there still exists men having an evil nature naturally, no matter what opportunities are given.  This happens outside the kingdom, amongst the gentiles, not inside the kingdom.  There will be many converted, and the ones that don't like God's rules, having Satan's nature inside them, I'd say will pop up not at the beginning of the millennium, but closer to the end, taking everything for granted, never experiencing a world run any differently and never experienced how the destroyer ran amok in the old world (our world today).

Satan is locked up and put away during this time, he cannot communicate with man.

Many gentiles will be converted, and all Israel will be also because the holy spirit is poured out on them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Then what this means is the binding of satan is not so total that he has no influence over man during the millenium.  He is restricted much like I've been saying, but not prevented totally from exerting influence.

Terese

Man was born into sin since the beginning, therefore needs rules.

What it means is that even without Satan's influence and interfering, there still exists men having an evil nature naturally, no matter what opportunities are given.  This happens outside the kingdom, amongst the gentiles, not inside the kingdom.  There will be many converted, and the ones that don't like God's rules, having Satan's nature inside them, I'd say will pop up not at the beginning of the millennium, but closer to the end, taking everything for granted, never experiencing a world run any differently and never experienced how the destroyer ran amok in the old world (our world today).

Satan is locked up and put away during this time, he cannot communicate with man.

Many gentiles will be converted, and all Israel will be also because the holy spirit is poured out on them.

Sister, this is confusing.  If this passage in Isaiah 65 is about the millennium, and people will still sin,  and the reason people sin is because of their fallen sin nature, so the fact that people will still sin means their  fallen nature has not be altered, how is it that God has so totally altered the nature of animals that the lion will lay down with the lamb and there is no more hurt in the animal kingdom, yet man's nature remains unaltered?

Paul says in Romans:

Romans 8 

19  For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope21that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 

Isaiah depicts this setting free of creation from its slavery to corruption, and Romans 8 tells us creation is eagerly waiting for the revealing of the sons of God, and when this revealing happens, nature will be set free into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

How is it that nature is set free from its corruption, but mankind is not, and is still born into sin,  and still experiences the corruption of the fallen sin nature?

God fully redeems nature and sets nature free from its corruption, but doesn't do the same for man?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi Therese,

Well, the idea being promoted is that during the millennium, satan and all his forces are completely, totally removed from the scene, so there is no more sin.   Sin literally means 'to miss the mark,' the mark being perfect obedience to God, so if there is no more sin, then there is no more missing the mark, and hence there is perfection in obedience to God.   We are told there will be no more sin because satan, and all his hosts, will be bound for the 1000 year millennium.  So in the millennium, according to what is being said here, there will be no more sin and thus everyone will live in perfect obedience to God.

I used to believe the same.

What I have found, after very careful examination of the scriptures, is that we tend to overlook what is in the very passages we use to substantiate such a belief, that actually directly contradicts that belief.

For instance, we have been looking at passages in Isaiah that  are being held forward as being about this future, sinless millennial period.     Is it sinless?   Does this passage actually advocate the idea of sinlessness during such a period of time?

In taking another look, the answer is no:

Isaiah 65:18   But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Isaiah 65:19   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isaiah 65:23   They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Isaiah 65:24   And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

During the same period of time this passage tells us there will be no longer an infant deaths, but a baby shall live to be 100 years old, it is telling us that there will also be sinners who live to be 100 years old.  These two concepts are being paired together.  If a baby living to 100 years old is a promise of this millennium, then also is the fact that there will be sinners as well.

Since there will be sinners, this presents a very direct problem of contradiction to the notion that the binding of satan and his hosts means their complete and utter removal from the scene so they can no longer induce people to sin.

If we pair this passage to the binding of satan, then it would clearly mean that the binding of satan is more along the lines of a chain being put on a dog to RESTRICT its movement/power, but not prevent it from having any interaction with anyone.  Someone who stands outside of the reach of a dog on a chain can't be touched by that dog, but if they move within reach of it, then the dog can essentially do what it wants.

Is the dog bound?  Absolutely.    Is the dog still able to cause injury?  Absolutely.   But the scope/range of its influence is greatly restrained.

So back to this whole concept of satan being bound, a 1000 year millennium, and the sinless of those inhabiting the earth during that time

This passage demonstrates it is not promoting a concept of the absence of sin.  It clearly states there will be sinners, and they will be accursed.

This means that satan's binding does not result in an absence of sin.

This means satan's binding is not so total as to remove him, and his hosts, from man's sphere of influence.

I have been advocating that

•since the only place that speaks of this millennial time period, "a thousand years," is in the book of Revelation,

•and since the book of Revelation is of the highly symbolic literary genre known as "apocalypse"  that was very popular for a space of a few hundred years at the time the Apocalypse of John was written,

•and since this would mean the imagery and numbers used in the vision are symbolic, as they are in all apocalyptic literature of the time, and not literal depictions,

•and since this would then mean the phrase "a thousand years" is also symbolic and not meant to be understood as a literal 1000 years,

•and since at the very beginning of the book of Revelation, before the apocalyptic portion starts, John tells us Christ is reigning over the kings of the earth now,

•THEN there is no reason to believe that this is about some future, literal, 1000 year time frame, but rather that it is figurative, and no reason to believe we are not in that time now where satan is restrained, bound, though not completely removed from the scene, because of the work of Christ, the establishment of his Church, and his reigning over the kings of the earth now.

That this passage does not actually include the concept of sinlessness, but actually tells us there will be sinners, means it 100% contradicts the argument put forth that 1)there can be no sin during the millennium, and so 2) the presence of sin is proof that the millennium has not happened yet.

Instead, it actually supports what I have been saying about the extent of satan's binding during the "a thousand years,"  not necessitating the complete and total removal of his sphere of influence among men, but instead is a restricting of power and influence over the earth, and most especially those who belong to Christ.  Like a dog on a chain  - only those who put themselves inside his sphere of influence can actually be touched by him.

If this passage is about the millennium in John's Apocalypse, then this means there will be sin in the millennium.

If there will be sin in the millennium, then there is no reason to discount the possibility the millennium is now rather than a literal future 1000 years, on the basis of the presence or absence of sin.

In fact, since there will be sinners in the millennium,  this strengthens the interpretation of John's "a thousand years"  being symbolic thus actually meaning a great expanse time, and understood to be in place as of the time John penned his Apocalypse.

You have totally misunderstood Therese.  Your whole argument is based on a misunderstanding of what is actually being said.

It's okay, we can all misunderstand sometimes, maybe go over some of the posts again and you might notice your error.

Thanks Therese.

Hi Therese,

Well, the idea being promoted is that during the millennium, satan and all his forces are completely, totally removed from the scene, so there is no more sin.   Sin literally means 'to miss the mark,' the mark being perfect obedience to God, so if there is no more sin, then there is no more missing the mark, and hence there is perfection in obedience to God.   We are told there will be no more sin because satan, and all his hosts, will be bound for the 1000 year millennium.  So in the millennium, according to what is being said here, there will be no more sin and thus everyone will live in perfect obedience to God.

I used to believe the same.

What I have found, after very careful examination of the scriptures, is that we tend to overlook what is in the very passages we use to substantiate such a belief, that actually directly contradicts that belief.

For instance, we have been looking at passages in Isaiah that  are being held forward as being about this future, sinless millennial period.     Is it sinless?   Does this passage actually advocate the idea of sinlessness during such a period of time?

In taking another look, the answer is no:

Isaiah 65:18   But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Isaiah 65:19   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

Isaiah 65:23   They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

Isaiah 65:24   And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

During the same period of time this passage tells us there will be no longer an infant deaths, but a baby shall live to be 100 years old, it is telling us that there will also be sinners who live to be 100 years old.  These two concepts are being paired together.  If a baby living to 100 years old is a promise of this millennium, then also is the fact that there will be sinners as well.

Since there will be sinners, this presents a very direct problem of contradiction to the notion that the binding of satan and his hosts means their complete and utter removal from the scene so they can no longer induce people to sin.

If we pair this passage to the binding of satan, then it would clearly mean that the binding of satan is more along the lines of a chain being put on a dog to RESTRICT its movement/power, but not prevent it from having any interaction with anyone.  Someone who stands outside of the reach of a dog on a chain can't be touched by that dog, but if they move within reach of it, then the dog can essentially do what it wants.

Is the dog bound?  Absolutely.    Is the dog still able to cause injury?  Absolutely.   But the scope/range of its influence is greatly restrained.

So back to this whole concept of satan being bound, a 1000 year millennium, and the sinless of those inhabiting the earth during that time

This passage demonstrates it is not promoting a concept of the absence of sin.  It clearly states there will be sinners, and they will be accursed.

This means that satan's binding does not result in an absence of sin.

This means satan's binding is not so total as to remove him, and his hosts, from man's sphere of influence.

I have been advocating that

•since the only place that speaks of this millennial time period, "a thousand years," is in the book of Revelation,

•and since the book of Revelation is of the highly symbolic literary genre known as "apocalypse"  that was very popular for a space of a few hundred years at the time the Apocalypse of John was written,

•and since this would mean the imagery and numbers used in the vision are symbolic, as they are in all apocalyptic literature of the time, and not literal depictions,

•and since this would then mean the phrase "a thousand years" is also symbolic and not meant to be understood as a literal 1000 years,

•and since at the very beginning of the book of Revelation, before the apocalyptic portion starts, John tells us Christ is reigning over the kings of the earth now,

•THEN there is no reason to believe that this is about some future, literal, 1000 year time frame, but rather that it is figurative, and no reason to believe we are not in that time now where satan is restrained, bound, though not completely removed from the scene, because of the work of Christ, the establishment of his Church, and his reigning over the kings of the earth now.

That this passage does not actually include the concept of sinlessness, but actually tells us there will be sinners, means it 100% contradicts the argument put forth that 1)there can be no sin during the millennium, and so 2) the presence of sin is proof that the millennium has not happened yet.

Instead, it actually supports what I have been saying about the extent of satan's binding during the "a thousand years,"  not necessitating the complete and total removal of his sphere of influence among men, but instead is a restricting of power and influence over the earth, and most especially those who belong to Christ.  Like a dog on a chain  - only those who put themselves inside his sphere of influence can actually be touched by him.

If this passage is about the millennium in John's Apocalypse, then this means there will be sin in the millennium.

If there will be sin in the millennium, then there is no reason to discount the possibility the millennium is now rather than a literal future 1000 years, on the basis of the presence or absence of sin.

In fact, since there will be sinners in the millennium,  this strengthens the interpretation of John's "a thousand years"  being symbolic thus actually meaning a great expanse time, and understood to be in place as of the time John penned his Apocalypse.

You have totally misunderstood Therese.  Your whole argument is based on a misunderstanding of what is actually being said.

It's okay, we can all misunderstand sometimes, maybe go over some of the posts again and you might notice your error.

Thanks Therese.

Then if I  have misunderstood, could you please point out what I have misunderstood and why?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Therese please let me explain because you are not understanding & seem to be unable to "hear" the message?

Sister, this is confusing.  If this passage in Isaiah 65 is about the millennium, and people will still sin,  and the reason people sin is because of their fallen sin nature, so the fact that people will still sin means their  fallen nature has not be altered, how is it that God has so totally altered the nature of animals that the lion will lay down with the lamb and there is no more hurt in the animal kingdom, yet man's nature remains unaltered?

The kingdom ITSELF .. has a length, breadth & height equalling 12000 furlongs = 2 414.016 kilometres.

So picture a huge box shape .. picture holding that box shape in your hands .. the surface you would be holding / touching would be the OUTER boundaries for the restored kingdom of Israel .. and everything INSIDE those borders would be the KINGDOM of Christ's in the greatly expanded land of Israel where the Lion eats straw.

Now place that cube on an in-scale map of your mind & that is all the land it will cover .. that cube covers so much more LAND than Israel covers today or EVER covered . so it is a prophecy still UNFULFILLED.

Now, OUTSIDE that box shape, that is where the rest of the world is .. and it is HERE where there will still be SIN .. where Lion WILL eat Deer, Boar etc etc etc.

Christ rules over them too .. but with a rod of iron.

Still, many WILL accept Christ outside of that box shaped cube .. THESE Gentiles will be taught under the Israelites as was meant to have been all along except Israel fell away an "we" gained their FIRST position instead.

Yet God made PROMISES to keep & even today they are not fulfilled .. for example .. the lands that the box shaped kingdom will encompass .. THAT prophecy, again, has NEVER come to pass BUT will during the millennium.

The coming earthly kingdom is FOR Israel & the fulfilment of past promises made .. the Christians by then, are ALREADY WITH CHRIST & are immortal, they need no earthly kingdom for they have inherited the Spirit, yet they are there with Christ guiding Israel into truth at long last, being kings (over Israel) & priests (over Israel).

So please do not get confused .. it is really quite simple if you picture it in your mind ..

Thanks Therese.

Therese please let me explain because you are not understanding & seem to be unable to "hear" the message?

Sister, this is confusing.  If this passage in Isaiah 65 is about the millennium, and people will still sin,  and the reason people sin is because of their fallen sin nature, so the fact that people will still sin means their  fallen nature has not be altered, how is it that God has so totally altered the nature of animals that the lion will lay down with the lamb and there is no more hurt in the animal kingdom, yet man's nature remains unaltered?

The kingdom ITSELF .. has a lengthbreadth & height equalling 12000 furlongs = 2 414.016 kilometres.

So picture a huge box shape .. picture holding that box shape in your hands .. the surface you would be holding / touching would be the OUTER boundaries for the restored kingdom of Israel .. and everything INSIDE those borders would be the KINGDOM of Christ's in the greatly expanded land of Israel where the Lion eats straw.

Now place that cube on an in-scale map of your mind & that is all the land it will cover .. that cube covers so much more LAND than Israel covers today or EVER covered . so it is a prophecy still UNFULFILLED.

Now, OUTSIDE that box shape, that is where the rest of the world is .. and it is HERE where there will still be SIN .. where Lion WILL eat Deer, Boar etc etc etc.

Christ rules over them too .. but with a rod of iron.

Still, many WILL accept Christ outside of that box shaped cube .. THESE Gentiles will be taught under the Israelites as was meant to have been all along except Israel fell away an "we" gained their FIRST position instead.

Yet God made PROMISES to keep & even today they are not fulfilled .. for example .. the lands that the box shaped kingdom will encompass .. THAT prophecy, again, has NEVER come to pass BUT will during the millennium.

The coming earthly kingdom is FOR Israel & the fulfilment of past promises made .. the Christians by then, are ALREADY WITH CHRIST & are immortal, they need no earthly kingdom for they have inherited the Spirit, yet they are there with Christ guiding Israel into truth at long last, being kings (over Israel) & priests (over Israel).

So please do not get confused .. it is really quite simple if you picture it in your mind ..

Thanks Therese.

I don't mean to be difficult, but I see something in this interpretation of the  the New Jerusalem is where the lion and lamb will lie down together, and that the earth will still be unchanged that perhaps you may be surprised to hear,

Surprisingly, we would interpret this passage very similarly, but with one very important difference.   They way you are presenting the New Jerusalem and the earth is in a very literal way.

I would interpret it the same but in a very symbolic way.  This language in Isaiah is also apocalyptic language and such sections of scripture even in books that are not overall of the apocalyptic genre,  are to be treated exactly the same - imagery is symbolic.

There is nothing in this passage itself, given it's apocalyptic nature,  that mandates that we understand it to be literal.   Looking at it as a symbolic representation of a time yet future to Isaiah when he wrote it, but not necessarily only future to us,  we can also see exactly what I have been speaking of:  

• the millennial period  does not require that there be sinlessness in the world to prove that Christ is ruling (with a rod of iron no less)  
  • so John saying, affirming Christ is reigning over the Kings of the earth in Rev 1:5 now does not require sinlessness in the world now to be true either
  • and this fact would compliment an understanding that the "a thousand years" is to be understood as symbolic of an unknown time, which John and the Christians of his time were in, and we continue to be in;  
  • The New Jerusalem, built on the prophets, and entrance to which is through the belief in the teachings of the Apostles (each gate being an Apostle), is symbolic of the Church
  • and since apocalyptic language is extensively used in Revelation, this imagery is used symbolically and does not necessitate it being a literal physical city, but rather symbolic of the Church right now and in the future as seen from heaven's perspective, where the Lion lays down with the Lamb, and Jesus is Lord of all, and sin does not reign.

And it is heaven's perspective that matters here.

This all pefectly fits a symbolic understanding of these apocalyptic passages as pertaining to our present time and reality as seen from heaven's perspective.

Let me share a story of what I mean by as seen from heaven's perspective.

I was at a conference where there was a very large gathering of believers.   A friend of mine came from the other side of the country to attend with me, and brought a friend with her.  We stayed together in the same hotel room to share expenses.  Her friend used to be very highly placed in witchcraft in this country.   She had actually gone through a "marriage" ritual to satan.   She was then later to find the truth about Jesus, converted, and had since been living for Christ.   But her involvement in the occult had been so deep that the enemy was doing everything he could to reclaim her, and attacks from the enemy in many different ways was part of the cross she bore.   Because of this,  if one was sensitive enough in the things of God, one could feel this dark presence trying to hold onto her, and when you first glanced at her, you would not think she could be a christian.  But she was very much so a child of God.

This seemed very incomprehensible to me.

We arranged a private luncheon with a small group of friends and during this luncheon as we discussed the things of God, she started speaking.  The wisdom and depth of her understanding of spiritual things amazed us.   And while she was talking something happened.   She became transfigured before me.   I no longer saw her a we see with earthly eyes, I saw her as God saw  her, as heaven saw her - the best that I can describe this is she turned golden with golden light shimmering around her and through her and all I could do was watch - she was so beautiful in God's eyes.   I have never forgotten that,  for God gave me a glimpse into how heaven sees each and everyone of us.    

John, in the book of Revelation, is seeing us from heaven's perspective.   And from heaven's perspective the Church is this beautiful shimmering city of gold and precious jewels and  light.   And this is true right now, this very moment.   

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

To my knowledge, Ezra is the only one putting forth the "absolutely no sin" notion. He hasn't substantiated it and I doubt we'll hear from him in a way that directly addresses the issue.

We should take careful note of this passage (Isa 11:1-9) and particularly what is stated in verses 4,9,10. There is no reason whatsoever that we should not take this passage in its plain literal sense.  How can Christ maintain perfect peace and perfect righteousness with sinners perpetrating sin and evil on earth?

1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

1. All the wicked will be literally slain (destroyed) (v 4)

2. None will hurt or destroy, because the whole earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD (v 9).  This is an experiential knowledge.

3. It will be a time of perfect and glorious rest (v 10. See Isa 14:5)

The combination of perfect righteousness and perfect peace is further stated in Isa 32:15-18:

Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest.

16 Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.

17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

18 And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places;

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I would interpret it the same but in a very symbolic way.

Then you might as well treat the entire Bible is "symbolic" and delusional.  If everything inconvenient is symbolic, pray tell what is the reality behind that symbolism?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Terese

I know these questions are not for me, but I am happy to answer the first one for now and show some proof.  Please read carefully.  I know it's a lot to read, but maybe you have not read these scriptures.  I pray the Lord show you a big part of his plan, and if you don't agree, then that's fine, I'm not about forcing anyone to believe what I say, but at least you can read what the Word of the Lord has to say and make your own mind up.  There are so many scriptures from here and there, and this is what I intended this post for.

the millennial period  does not require that there be sinlessness in the world to prove that Christ is ruling (with a rod of iron no less)  

Correct, but what it does prove is that instead of all these different teachings about "the truth" like what we have today, we will have just "one truth" coming out of the kingdom.  The truth will be established (made known to Israel and the gentiles)

Isaiah 62:7   And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.

Isaiah 10:20   And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

I started here with Israel, because the millennium is going to be centered around Israel.  After Armageddon, the Millennium begins, but there is the setting up of the kingdom first and everything in it's order.

I mentioned previously that Christ and the saints will teach Israel, and in turn Israel will go out from the kingdom to the gentiles.  Christ is making everything right now, grounding them and giving them the opportunity to honour and sow good seed in the way it the way it should of been done in the first place.   This time it's going to be a fruitful field with lots of good fruits.

Zechariah 8:3   Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Zechariah 8:8   And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

Zechariah 8:14   For thus saith the LORD of hosts; As I thought to punish you, when your fathers provoked me to wrath, saith the LORD of hosts, and I repented not:

Zechariah 8:15   So again have I thought in these days to do well unto Jerusalem and to the house of Judah: fear ye not.

In the Kingdom, this is how they will be instructed.
Zechariah 8:16   These are the things that ye shall do; Speak ye every man the truth to his neighbour; execute the judgment of truth and peace in your gates:

Zechariah 8:17   And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD.

Zechariah 8:18   And the word of the LORD of hosts came unto me, saying,

Zechariah 8:19   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace.

Zechariah 8:20   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities:

Zechariah 8:21   And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.

Zechariah 8:22   Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.

Zechariah 8:23   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Zechariah 9:1   The burden of the word of the LORD in the land of Hadrach, and Damascus shall be the rest thereof: when the eyes of man, as of all the tribes of Israel, shall be toward the LORD.

Jeremiah 33:6   Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.

Jeremiah 33:7   And I will cause the captivity of Judah and the captivity of Israel to return, and will build them, as at the first.

Jeremiah 33:8   And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.

Jeremiah 33:9   And it shall be to me a name of joy, a praise and an honour before all the nations of the earth, which shall hear all the good that I do unto them: and they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and for all the prosperity that I procure unto it.

There is no symbolism here, just straight truth and a glimpse of the near future.  How can something so good be true?  We are going to be seeing some wonderful things we never thought possible.

Jeremiah 33:10   Thus saith the LORD; Again there shall be heard in this place, which ye say shall be desolate without man and without beast, even in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, that are desolate, without man, and without inhabitant, and without beast,

Jeremiah 33:11   The voice of joy, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the voice of them that shall say, Praise the LORD of hosts: for the LORD is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: and of them that shall bring the sacrifice of praise into the house of the LORD. For I will cause to return the captivity of the land, as at the first, saith the LORD.

(not animal sacrifices, but sin sacrifices.)

Jeremiah 33:12   Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Again in this place, which is desolate without man and without beast, and in all the cities thereof, shall be an habitation of shepherds causing their flocks to lie down.

(Instead of ruins, Israel will be turned into fruitful field and Israel will be "the true shepherds" during this time, they will go out to the nations and spread truth. Their flocks are at rest)

Jeremiah 33:13   In the cities of the mountains, in the cities of the vale, and in the cities of the south, and in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, shall the flocks pass again under the hands of him that telleth them, saith the LORD.

(Israel are following Christ.  Do you know that they will bring the gentiles into the kingdom to learn?  They cannot live but can pass through, and no one that defiles or makes an abomination can enter the city's gates.)

Isaiah 60:5   Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.

Jeremiah 33:14   Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.

Jeremiah 33:15   In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

Jeremiah 33:16   In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.

I would interpret it the same but in a very symbolic way.

Then you might as well treat the entire Bible is "symbolic" and delusional.  If everything inconvenient is symbolic, pray tell what is the reality behind that symbolism?

Ezra, where is the logic in that?

The bible is made up of works in several different genres.    Figures of speech are found throughout the scriptures, but some genres are meant to be taken more literally, and others meant to be taken more symbolically.  

Going to one extreme, as you did above, doesn't make much sense.