Need2BeSaved

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I'm an ex-addict, a homosexual, have severe anxiety and paranoia and I've had enough of suffering. 

How do I turn to God right now? And be saved from all of this suffering and all this sin? Any prayer I can say? Any advice? Do I just ask for forgiveness and go from there? I'm ready to start a new life, free of sin and pain, and be happy.

Thanks.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  151
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

Receiving the full spectrum of the gospel in the beginning will save you years of heartache and suffering.  The blood of Jesus is the most powerful force in the universe!  See below: 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

In God all things exist and outside of Him there is no truth. This means that we will all have to bow to Him sooner or later, but unfortunately after we die it’s too late to get saved. So with this in mind, logical thinking tells us that bowing to Him in this life is the wiser choice. In the book of Proverbs we read that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,” and “happy is the man that fears the Lord.” Fearing Him translates into right thinking for us because at that moment of awe and fear of the Lord, we realize that unlike man, God is Holy. God is also our eternal, loving creator that even foreknew us before we were born. Because of this, His eternal judgments towards us are perfect. That is why He sent Him who knew no sin to be sin for us on the cross. God’s only son had to come down from heaven, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin because a perfect man had to take our place.

Many generations ago before sin came into the world there was uninterrupted fellowship with God, and dominion given to man on the earth. But man gave up stewardship of the earth to a fallen cherub, and therefore unlocked sin leading to death through his own disobedience to God. Adam was disobedient, but Eve was deceived. Now God is a generational God, and the God of all mankind. It can be very hard for man to understand this at times because of the fallen state we’re born into. But we’re not all called to the Son by the Father at the same time in our lives, but we are all called, and through a conviction of sin in our hearts we perceive that we need a savior. There is no truth outside of God, and there is salvation in the name of Jesus Christ, God’s only son. There is nothing better than loving Him, and giving your life to Jesus by faith with true repentance of heart. When you do this you will become a born again child of God, and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

After you get saved go and be water baptized, God will provide the right person to baptize you. God is not looking for you to be seen by man as a religious person, so don’t worry about pressures from people in the church. He is the God of the innermost place of your heart. He knows you. He loves you. Stay close to Him, and stay in the word of God. Keep your heart free from all bitterness and offense, love your God and love your neighbor all the days of your life. This is a very profitable way for us to live.

Now pray this prayer: [sinner's Prayer]

​My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and that He died on the cross and shed His blood for the forgiveness of my sins. I believe Jesus rose again from the dead by the power of the Holy Ghost and sits on the right hand of God.  .Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and wash all my sins away with Your blood. I invite you into my heart as my personal Savior, and will follow you the rest of my life. Your Word says you'll turn no one away, and that includes me. Therefore, I know you've heard me, and I know you've answered me, and I know I'm saved.  Thank you, Jesus, for saving my soul.

I hope you receive this today, it’s the best decision you can make in your entire life.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Need2BeSaved said in post 1:

Do I just ask for forgiveness and go from there?

Yes.

For:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).

Jesus said:

"Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted" (Luke 18:10-14).

Need2BeSaved said in post 1:

Do I just ask for forgiveness and go from there?

Regarding your posting name, "Need2BeSaved", in order to be saved, you must become a Christian (John 3:16,36).

If people haven't become Christians yet, all they need to do in order to become Christians is believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ and the human/divine Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36; 1 John 2:23), and that he died on the Cross for their sins and rose physically from the dead on the 3rd day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4, Luke 24:39,46,47, Matthew 20:19, Matthew 26:28).

After people become Christians, to help develop and keep up their relationship with God, they should pray to him every day, such as with the Lord's prayer (Matthew 6:9-13), praising and worshipping him (Revelation 4:11), confessing their sins to him (1 John 1:9), asking him for what they need today (Luke 11:3), and thanking him for everything which he has given them (Philippians 4:6). And throughout the day, they should immediately bring to him in prayer anything which they become worried about at anytime (Philippians 4:6-7).

They should also fellowship with other Christians every day (Hebrews 3:13, Hebrews 10:25), at least in some fashion (Matthew 18:20), such as on this forum, being exhorted by them and exhorting them in turn (Hebrews 3:13).

They also need to examine themselves to make sure they are truly in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5, Proverbs 28:26, Proverbs 14:12). The way to do this is to read every word of the Bible (Hebrews 4:12, Matthew 4:4), and see if they accept everything it teaches as having come from God (John 8:47; 2 Timothy 3:16). For just as a true faith will initially come from reading (or hearing) what the Bible teaches (Romans 10:17; 2 Timothy 3:15), so people can know they are remaining in the true faith if they continue to believe everything the Bible teaches came from God (John 8:31b; 2 Timothy 4:2-4; 1 Timothy 4:1, Mark 8:35-38).

In order to have any real relationship with Jesus, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19), most importantly people must believe the right things about Jesus (John 14:6-7): that he is God the Word made flesh (John 1:1,14), that he is the Christ (1 John 5:1; 1 John 2:22), and that he is the only begotten (only born) Son of God (John 3:16,36; 1 John 2:23), meaning he is the only person ever born without any human father (Luke 1:34-35). And people must believe Jesus lived a perfectly sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 2 Corinthians 5:21) and so could die on the Cross for people's sins and rise from the dead on the 3rd day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4). He rose and will remain forever in an immortal flesh and bones human body (Luke 24:39; 2 John 1:7) as saved people's eternally-human high priest/mediator (1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 2:16-17, Hebrews 7:24-26).

Once people come into faith in Jesus, they must obey him, and God the Father, and the Holy Spirit by repenting from their sins and getting water-immersion (burial) baptized into Jesus (Acts 2:38, Romans 6:3-5, Galatians 3:27). And they must partake of the divine flesh and blood of the bread and wine of communion (John 6:53, Matthew 26:26-28; 1 Corinthians 10:16; 1 Corinthians 11:27-30). And they can get hands laid on them to receive Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 8:17) and one or more of the Holy Spirit's wonderful Spiritual gifts (Acts 19:6; 1 Corinthians 12:8-10). Then, washed from their sins by water baptism (Acts 22:16), and empowered by the Holy Spirit within them (Acts 1:8, Ephesians 3:16), they must each and every day for the rest of their lives deny themselves, take up their crosses, and follow Jesus (Luke 9:23; 2 Corinthians 5:15), by continuing in the faith to the end (Hebrews 3:6,12,14, Hebrews 6:4-8, John 15:6; 2 Timothy 2:12), by repenting from every sin they commit (Hebrews 10:26-29; 1 Corinthians 9:27, Luke 12:45-46), and by doing to the end the particular spiritual works which he has given them as individuals to do (Mark 13:34, Romans 12:6-8, Titus 3:8).

If you are not saved, than you need to admit that you are lost and that Jesus is the only One who can save you and accept His free gift of salvation. If you are saved, than you must first admit that you have stopped listening to the Holy Spirit and change your mind (repent) about not doing so and listen to that still, small voice inside your head. You need to pray frequently, read scripture every day (including the parts that you don't believe apply to today as they did in times past), and stop doing the things that your conscious is tormenting you over. Satan has control over you right now because you let him (knowingly or not), but GOD has the power, through Jesus Christ, to change your situation. Being attracted to people of the same sex as you, I believe, is not - in and of itself - a sin. It becomes a sin when you begin to give in to the urge to lust after others and participate in that type of activity. You have to change your mind (repent) about it and, one day at a time, stop participating in it. You may have to change your friends, your job, your living environment, even you church in order to leave that part of you behind. There is no magic bullet that will snatch you out of Satan's grip - it didn't take you one day to get there. But, if you make up your mind (repent) and stick to it, ever one day at a time (never surrender to your urges to return to that lifestyle), Christ will free you from your bondage. Trust in Him. I hope this helps and that you take it to heart. Good luck and GOD bless you in this!!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

How can I be saved? What do I need to do?
“Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). God has already done all of the work. All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9). Fully trust in Jesus alone as the payment for your sins. Believe in Him, and you will not perish (John 3:16). God is offering you salvation as a gift. All you have to do is accept it. Jesus is the way of salvation (John 14:6).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/how-can-I-be-saved.html#ixzz3gpmNrgEm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

If you just prayed that prayer Need2ToBeSaved then you are a new creation.   If you really meant it then you are now a child of the most High King.  The Great I Am.   Nothing will separate from His Love.  The Blood of Jesus that was shed for you on that cross has done it's complete work.  When Jesus cried out "It is finished"  It was.  Nothing more was needed to make  you whole in Christ.

I'm so thrilled you have sought the truth and you have found it.  Praise God.

We have a chat room too where you can come in and talk with people one on one.  God Bless you and I trust we will have a lot of more time to visit and share with you.  

Because He Lives

RustyAngeL                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Receiving the full spectrum of the gospel in the beginning will save you years of heartache and suffering.  The blood of Jesus is the most powerful force in the universe!  See below: 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

In God all things exist and outside of Him there is no truth. This means that we will all have to bow to Him sooner or later, but unfortunately after we die it’s too late to get saved. So with this in mind, logical thinking tells us that bowing to Him in this life is the wiser choice. In the book of Proverbs we read that “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,” and “happy is the man that fears the Lord.” Fearing Him translates into right thinking for us because at that moment of awe and fear of the Lord, we realize that unlike man, God is Holy. God is also our eternal, loving creator that even foreknew us before we were born. Because of this, His eternal judgments towards us are perfect. That is why He sent Him who knew no sin to be sin for us on the cross. God’s only son had to come down from heaven, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin because a perfect man had to take our place.

Many generations ago before sin came into the world there was uninterrupted fellowship with God, and dominion given to man on the earth. But man gave up stewardship of the earth to a fallen cherub, and therefore unlocked sin leading to death through his own disobedience to God. Adam was disobedient, but Eve was deceived. Now God is a generational God, and the God of all mankind. It can be very hard for man to understand this at times because of the fallen state we’re born into. But we’re not all called to the Son by the Father at the same time in our lives, but we are all called, and through a conviction of sin in our hearts we perceive that we need a savior. There is no truth outside of God, and there is salvation in the name of Jesus Christ, God’s only son. There is nothing better than loving Him, and giving your life to Jesus by faith with true repentance of heart. When you do this you will become a born again child of God, and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

After you get saved go and be water baptized, God will provide the right person to baptize you. God is not looking for you to be seen by man as a religious person, so don’t worry about pressures from people in the church. He is the God of the innermost place of your heart. He knows you. He loves you. Stay close to Him, and stay in the word of God. Keep your heart free from all bitterness and offense, love your God and love your neighbor all the days of your life. This is a very profitable way for us to live.

Now pray this prayer: [sinner's Prayer]

​My Lord and my God, have mercy upon my soul, a sinner. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God and that He died on the cross and shed His blood for the forgiveness of my sins. I believe Jesus rose again from the dead by the power of the Holy Ghost and sits on the right hand of God.  .Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and wash all my sins away with Your blood. I invite you into my heart as my personal Savior, and will follow you the rest of my life. Your Word says you'll turn no one away, and that includes me. Therefore, I know you've heard me, and I know you've answered me, and I know I'm saved.  Thank you, Jesus, for saving my soul.

I hope you receive this today, it’s the best decision you can make in your entire life.

Well Done.  :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  159
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  295
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/26/1988

I'm an ex-addict, a homosexual, have severe anxiety and paranoia and I've had enough of suffering. 

How do I turn to God right now? And be saved from all of this suffering and all this sin? Any prayer I can say? Any advice? Do I just ask for forgiveness and go from there? I'm ready to start a new life, free of sin and pain, and be happy.

Thanks.

Hello Need2BeSaved,

First of all tell God you are sorry and you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins. This is the most crucial step (even if it does not solve all your problems right away). 

Next, forget about your past. It does not matter. Our minds repeats 90% of its thoughts everyday. So, if thoughts of guilt about your past comes up, divert your attention to something else. 

Find some activity that will glorify God and do it. If you like animals, join an animal shelter. If you like arts, paint or learn music. Make use of your talents, this glorifies God.

Your new life has just begun. Don't look back. Go about with a song in your heart, God wants His children to have joy, never guilt.

God bless. 

N.B.: If it interests you, there is a free book called 'Abigail's Journey' by Judith Bronte. Its a good book (deals with how a former homosexual comes out of it with God's help). You will just have to type Abigail's Journey by Judith Bronte in Google to get access to it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Need2besaved , I pray that you have read and reread the posts you have received , and more importantly prayed the prayer of

acceptance ,of the greatest gift mankind will ever receive , to receive Jesus as your Saviour .

Live chat is full of beautiful ,wise and loving people who can help you, as are the different forums .

Please read your bible , you could start with the gospel of John . This may be the beginning of the most exciting and beautiful

time of your life .

God bless you and please tell us how you are getting on ,we genuinely care . Many people are praying for you and your future life.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

Thanks.

There is only one way to connect with God

Desire.