• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

No one is infallible, except God (though I've run into one or two people here that seem to think they are).  

I find the 'prosperity gospel' dangerous because those who follow it sooner or later get to thinking that God owes them something when He doesn't and already gave us the greatest gift, eternal and abundant life in Him.  So if He doesn't meet their shopping list of demands, they give up and move on to get what they want their way.

Yes the biblical patriarchs were blessed materially by the Lord.  But it wasn't something they got on their knees to pray and intercede for.  God provided for Elijah in the most wonderful ways, but would you accept meat being brought to you by a raven if God were to choose to provide for you in this way, this very day?

Living life in God takes faith that He gives us what we need, our daily bread.  More so, every Word which proceeds from the mouth of God.

The Lord is not a genie, folks; He loves us, and gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want.

Peace :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

No one is infallible, except God (though I've run into one or two people here that seem to think they are).  

I find the 'prosperity gospel' dangerous because those who follow it sooner or later get to thinking that God owes them something when He doesn't and already gave us the greatest gift, eternal and abundant life in Him.  So if He doesn't meet their shopping list of demands, they give up and move on to get what they want their way.

Yes the biblical patriarchs were blessed materially by the Lord.  But it wasn't something they got on their knees to pray and intercede for.  God provided for Elijah in the most wonderful ways, but would you accept meat being brought to you by a raven if God were to choose to provide for you in this way, this very day?

Living life in God takes faith that He gives us what we need, our daily bread.  More so, every Word which proceeds from the mouth of God.

The Lord is not a genie, folks; He loves us, and gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want.

Peace :)

Well, the folks who get offended in God, because they are yet to get what they want, do not love God at all. And they will not only be offended in God only for material provisions. such an individual, can also get offended in God for not receiving healing from him. But be it as it may, we won't stop pointing people to what God has for them, just because of a few selfish folks.

Whether we like it or not, God blesses people- including true Christians every now and then, but they are using the blessings for the wrong purposes and in order to point them to the major purpose of his blessings is the essence of people like us, teaching and preaching the prosperity doctrine.

Edited by emekrus

http://www.gotquestions.org/prosperity-gospel.html

For this one you may have to scroll down a bit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/opinions/outlook/worst-ideas/prosperity-gospel.html

Washington post - who'd a thunk!

http://www.gotquestions.org/prosperity-gospel.html

For this one you may have to scroll down a bit:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/opinions/outlook/worst-ideas/prosperity-gospel.html

Washington post - who'd a thunk!

My dear, you know what the whore in the book of revelations (Mystery  Babylon) represents? She is the mother of religion. And she has spread her legs wide enough even into Christiandom. So many Christians judge based on what they've been told by their fellow men. But the Berea Christians were much wiser (in the book of acts). The scripture says, after Paul taught them, they didn't just take his word for it, they went home, and checked if what they've heard is so in the scriptures.

The article you just directed me to, was written by a man full of words but absolutely no Spirit or power. This kind of religious folks, have been around for ages. Folks who judge by what they hear from others, and the appearance of a thing. Jesus told the pharisees that such judgements were unrighteous. Then he advised them to judge righteously. And to do that, you need to open your heart like a child to the word of God and the Holy Spirit to teach you.

For instance, if you can clear yourself totally from every man-made religion and connect your heart to the Holy Spirit, you'll agree with me 100% that what i just shared here is from God.

Now the Bible says, by their fruits we shall know them- Check through all my threads and posts with open mind, and see if the sermons I share are from someone who is carnally minded. Please take heed that you be not deceived by the enticing words of man's wisdom. If you are Christ's you will know the truth when you see one.

From a heart of Love

Cheers

Edited by emekrus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

It seems to me if your point if view were to hold water then all the apostles would have been rich and prosperous... None were, and in fact most were killed...I do believe the Bible specifically states we will be persecuted, and go through hard times. Your view has zero biblical truth.

Patronising, much?

It certainly sounds like a Christian wrote it, and I agree with her.  Judge not, lest ye be judged.  I am not condemning those who believe in this stuff, I'm against the whole idea itself.  And just because I agree with an article does not mean I don't have an open mind.  

And what am I being enticed by, exactly?  She's not promising me shed-loads of money, or an easy way to breeze through life.  Sounds like those believing that God is guaranteed to give them material riches in excess are the ones being enticed, love.

Guest shiloh357

You're missing my point, emerkus...

My point is that the advancement of the kingdom doesn't depend on any Christian being wealthy.   People claim that they want to be rich to support missions and stuff, but that is just a pretext.  Most people, when they get wealth, rarely ever part with it.

God can take the smallest offering and work wonders with it. 

It seems to me if your point if view were to hold water then all the apostles would have been rich and prosperous... None were, and in fact most were killed...I do believe the Bible specifically states we will be persecuted, and go through hard times. Your view has zero biblical truth.

Did you hear Apostle Paul say something concerning ' People communicating to him concerning giving and receiving?'. Did you hear him talk about him ready to spend and be spent? Did you hear him talk about ministering to the saints? Did you hear him encourage people to work instead of stealing so they can be able to help others?

Yes, we're to face hard-time. Yes, we will be persecuted- just like I'm being persecuted for most of my messages that people do not understand. Yes the major persecution is coming and the folks that claim to be ready for persecution will throw in the towel. When the beast and the false prophet are revealed. During the tribulation, that will come to try all the inhabitants of the earth.

But regardless, in the interim, we'll have abundance for the work of God. Yes, for our individual needs; we'll abound at sometimes and some other times we may suffer lack, but only for a little while. That's exactly the duration. Cos as the wealth come, we'll be parting with them for the work of God and Love towards our neighbors.

Edited by emekrus

You're missing my point, emerkus...

My point is that the advancement of the kingdom doesn't depend on any Christian being wealthy.   People claim that they want to be rich to support missions and stuff, but that is just a pretext.  Most people, when they get wealth, rarely ever part with it.

God can take the smallest offering and work wonders with it. 

Well, thank God you said, 'most people'. But on the other side, I know many a Christian (including my very self), who have actually been blessed financially that are using the provisions heavily for the work of God.

Edited by emekrus

Guest shiloh357

That's fine.   If God gives someone wealth, that's great.   I have no problem with people being wealthy.   But to say that it is what God wants for everyone, is not biblical.   That's the point I am making.  

God doesn't promise wealth for every believer.   Wealth, for some people is a curse, not a blessing.   Some people get wealth, and they can't manage it and they end up worse off a year later than I they had never gotten anything.

Others get wealthy and it goes to their head and they start walking on other people.   Wealth is not what it is cracked up to be, sometimes.   God only promises full provision for our needs.  He never promises wealth for each of us.