OldSchool2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Christians are some of the most naïve people when it coms to Islam.     "The sometimes violent histories?"   Islam is purely violent and has been since its inception.  Violence is the primary and preferred means of spreading Islam.

Islam serves a foreign god.   We have no common ground with Islam.

I really don't know why they are so naive.

Even if there had never been any Muslim terrorist attacks in recent years and you had never read one-single word of the Q'uran, the fact that Islam arrived about 500 years after Christianity and that its founder claimed to worship the same God as Jews and Christians yet brought a new gospel and claimed some sort of messiah-like status, should be enough to set off alarm bells with the words 'false prophet' ringing inside the head of every Bible-believer.

Yet as soon as Muslims declare "we believe in Jesus too" Christians go all warm and fuzzy and start declaring some sort of kinship with Muslims.

And they do this DESPITE having the knowledge of terrorism, al-Qaeda and ISIS.

It's bit like me coming up to you and saying "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm a practitioner of a new religion. Every weekend we sacrifice a few virgins and then get together twice a month to slaughter new-born babies, drink their blood and eat their hearts."

Then you reply "What really? You seriously do that?"

Then I say, "yes, sure we do, but we also believe in Jesus."

Then you answer, "oh, you believe in Jesus as well? Well in that case you're just like us. We should get together sometime and swap notes. Fancy, a coffee at my place?"

I mean seriously, what is wrong with a lot of Christians?

Blindness. Thats whats wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

the cure for vitamin A deficiency 

Deficiency: a lack of something.

Eat foods with vitamin A, or take supplements of vitamin A.

Its not a big secret.

If it is not just a big secret, but a heavily guarded secret , would you be surprised ?

Vitamin A deficiency. As in a lack of enough vitamin A. It is fixed by increasing ones intake of vitamin A. That is not remotely any kind of secret.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Regarding the original post, it makes me sad and concerned to hear about a "committed" evangelical pastor who lacks discernment so badly. What is this guy THINKING?

From posted article:

So he’s the first to say that it’s sort of odd that his 30-year journey as an evangelical minister would lead him to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the most prominent Muslim clerics in the world. He prays with them in their mosques, “breaks bread” with them, Texas-style, at his home, and has become one of the leading Christian ministers of any persuasion in what he calls the fight against Islamophobia.

WHAT???? While we should be good neighbors to everyone in love, Christians should NOT be going into mosques...and even PRAYING in them! This man is a shepherd who is responsible for a flock...and he is leading them in the wrong direction. He is spreading the idea that blending religions of a good thing. All it means is that BOTH parties are forsaking their beliefs.

And "Islamophobia" ?????  I hate that word even more than "homophobia."  The problem we have in the West is NOT Islamophobia, it's "IslamoMANIA." So many are bending over backward to welcome this poisonous religion into our culture...I wish people would wake up!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

i think there's a book written a century ago titled "a nation of cows".....   think about that a little....

about the same time,  the cure for vitamin A deficiency was discovered and published.

it works 100% of the time (over 3000 cases by one clinic alone in the first few decades after it was discovered).

today,  not even 1 out of 10 doctors knows it,  nor 1 in 100 americans.

same with scurvy.... (vitamin c deficiency)

Maybe I'm just not awake yet or something but what on earth does that have to do with common ground for Christianity and islam?