cares4critters

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Everytime I come to this board I find more and more people who call themselves Christian and yet seem very angry at the world. They don't want people from other countries in America. They are against this or that.....what gives? Am I missing something here? I've known a lot of people to be judgemental and hypocritical...but some of you people take the cake.

I know that I strayed from the church and blatant "christians" because of this behavior. I don't need people to shove christianity or religion or any of your other opinions down my throat. Aren't we all entitled to feel the way we do? I respect your decisions to be upset at the world and not want to let anyone else in the country....but to slap a religion with it or a bible quote....it just doesn't make sense to me. Are you trying to help others? Bring others to Christ? How? By what example?

Will someone shed some light on this for me? What does being a "christian" mean?

I mean I love my neighbor and respect my parents and such....but what does it truly mean to be a christian to some of you? Am I going about it all wrong? I don't think I am. I have faith, I love the Lord, I read my bible and try and improve my relationship with Him. So....what gives?

Thanks

Sincerely from "someone teetering on the edge in confusion" :)

I wanted to post also that I've really, truly appreciated the prayers and help from those of you who have responded to previous posts.

Edited by cares4critters

Guest Sara929

Hun,

I'm rather new here also, today in fact, so take that into consideration if you wish.

Many people are angry at the sin in the world, because its a diversion, preventing them/us/me from examining the sin in their/our lives. Its easier to attack another country saying we're preventing a halocaust than it is to admit that we have a holocaust of epic proportions going on within our own borders with abortion. (please lets not discuss Iraq here)

As for people calling themselves christians. You know that not all who profess christianity, are christians. The roads always been narrow and few. We're in grave danger as we stand now with the luke-wormness around us. We've had such a miraculous revival in America with regards to going back to fundamental, scriptual, apostolic Christianity that the suceeding generations, culiminating with our current one. Rarely know what it means to be christian!

We ask five or six questions, and if someone can nod yes to each, we shake their hand. Pat them on the back, and say brother/sister, welcome to Christianity. Lets go out to a buffet now! What a mockery it must be to the Holy Spirit.

An amazing quote by a minister TO ministers, a man named Leonard Ravenhill in a sermon of his posed an interesting question. "Is God a means or an end to you? Would you worship Him because He IS worthy or our worship, praise, and adoration regardless of if you're going to hell?" If we're just worshipping Him because we're afraid that our "skin may be singed", oh boy...

As for the scriptures and Bible quotes. Please remember to "always" have a Bible nearby, ESPECIALLY when hearing a sermon, at church, or some other revival outlet. Not just to make sure that the verse hasn't been demonically altered... but for a similiar reason, wether by demonic reasons or selfish interpretations.... isn't being quoted "out of context".

Rather than go on about what Christianity means to me, I'd like to send you a short mp3 that can explain it in a miraculous way; if you'd kindly pm me your email.

With much luv and prayer

-Sara

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I wish I could answer your question but it's too hung up on stereotyping people.

Christian describes a belief system based on the Old and New Testament Scriptures; some people are genuinely committed to it; others are not...

One thing all people have in common ....whether they be Christian or not is the need for a Savior and the fact that all persons are sinners.

Secondly, that Jesus came only to save the sick, not the healthy. Hence, if you see a lot of "sick" Christians, that's good. The "Church" is a hospital for sick people *(sinners) seeking the cure from their illness (sin), which is Jesus.

Sorry, but so many people think Christians are perfected. Not so....they are being transformed slowly, from glory to glory and I haven't met a single one who's reached the level of perfection of Christ YET.

So, if you're a beleiver, you're also among the imperfect Christians who sit in the pews and mess up on a daily basis.

I don't judge people's attitudes because I've got probably some attitudes of my own to deal with.

I figure the only person's we need to point fingers at are ourselves.

I'll leave it to God to sort out all the rest. I got a log in my own eye to worry with. I can't worry about the splinter in my brothers' eye.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

No, I understand all that....I'm not perfect and I don't think others are either. I certainly do mess up on a regular basis. But I guess what I don't understand is why people are angry at the Muslims, or the people who are angry at the President, or who shun this way or that way of life that people choose.

When people are judging me for my sins and imperfections....how can I look at that person and "want to be like them?" How can I want what they have when in reality, what they have is nothing that I want? Does that make sense? I guess I just have a hard time understanding people being so incredibly judgemental of others beliefs, politics, gender, religion...etc.....when they are suupose to be a representative of Christ. How did the focus of a lot of topics go from christianity and reliogion, bringing others to Christ... to sending out a message of hate and critcism? How did the focus get off the one perfect topic....God?

I know God is going to judge me and I'm certainly more than thankful (completely unworthy is more like it) for His grace and forgiveness. I want to be a positive respresentative of Him. How can I be a good example of that when I don't have very many good examples of that myself?

Does that help out with where I'm coming from? I hope so. I'll try and continue to answer questions and piece together what exactly I'm trying to say later on.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this one.

Am I being judgemental? Am I stereotyping people too? I hope not....that's not what I'm trying to do. That's not what I want to do.

I know people are entitled to their own opinion, as I am mine. =)

I'm just confused....that's all.

Thanks

:)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

I see where you coming from cares4critters. Go to controversial issues and read the pinned topic at the top "Do you not KNOW these things will happen" I hope alot of others read that also :)

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Matthew 10:16

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,249
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

cares4critters, while I am not mad at the world, there are some people that I really do not want here in america. Go to the following web site and it will give you a bit of informaiton as to why I say this.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=42603

If it is unchristian to not want these people around, then we have a different idea of what christanity is.

se

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Care and welcome to Worthy. I just want to address part of what you said. You stated that you felt we didnt' want other people in America. That is not the case, however you have to understand that we are living in a post 911 world and having open boarders is not wise. Remember 19 men got into this country and in less the 2 hours 3000 Americans were dead. We have to be careful and know who is here. It's just the way it is.