IGNORED

People are basically good, right?

OldSchool2

Guest Thallasa

When God created Adam, He said it was good.

When Adam fell, he didn't become evil, he became wounded in his soul, a wounding that would be transmitted to all who came after him, inheriting a fallen human nature.

No, on the day he disobeyed God, he died just as God said.  It was a spiritual death.  Which is why Jesus came to bring us back to life.

Yes, the fall caused spiritual death. Our fallen human nature is the result.   Spiritual death and evil are not synonymous words.

I agree with that ,they are not .

Guest Thallasa

Are people basically good? 

"Where sin abounded there did grace much more abound" There is far more goodness in the earth than evil.

"My Spirit shall not always strive with men" 

"Whom the Lord loves He chastens" Everyone is carefully and thoughtfully chastened by the Lord.

"None is righteous"

People are basically good because of the Spirit of God striving with them through every means there is in life, including the conscience. The difference between a believer and unbeliever is just that, and nothing else.

What would happen if the Spirit no longer strives to comfort people and make them half normal?

Do people push themselves outside of God's guidance and protection? Yes. They even become possessed by the devil to commit the worst acts.

Good post Kan .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

“The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?
Edited by *Zion*

James 3:1-8New King James Version (NKJV)

The Untamable Tongue

My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.Indeed,[a] we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.

See how great a forest a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

James 3:1-8New King James Version (NKJV)

The Untamable Tongue

My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.Indeed,[a] we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.

See how great a forest a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

I'm not going to say a thing... oooooh too late :blink:

My point is that WITHOUT God, thanks to our sinful nature, we are inherently evil, because we are born in original sin. But thanks to be to God who gives us His forgiveness and life!  The wrong belief that people are basically good makes people think that the gospel is a bonus in life, not life that we need, which could not be farther from the truth.  Unless we abide in Him, of ourselves we can do nothing.  Bless God that we live in Him, and He in us!

Edited by *Zion*

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

My point is that with God, thanks to our sinful nature, we are inherently evil, because we are born in original sin. But thanks to be to God who gives us His forgiveness and life!  The wrong belief that people are basically good makes people think that the gospel is a bonus in life, not life that we need, which could not be farther from the truth.  Unless we abide in Him, of ourselves we can do nothing.  Bless God that we live in Him, and He in us!

I would say we are inherently wounded  so that our communion with God is lost.  That does not make us inherently evil.

My point is that with God, thanks to our sinful nature, we are inherently evil, because we are born in original sin. But thanks to be to God who gives us His forgiveness and life!  The wrong belief that people are basically good makes people think that the gospel is a bonus in life, not life that we need, which could not be farther from the truth.  Unless we abide in Him, of ourselves we can do nothing.  Bless God that we live in Him, and He in us!

I would say we are inherently wounded  so that our communion with God is lost.  That does not make us inherently evil.

This is 180 degrees out of line with the Word of God....

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

I disagree.

The words of Jesus:

Mat 5:45

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 12:35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Luk 6:45

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Edited by thereselittleflower

I disagree.

The words of Jesus:

Mat 5:45

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Mat 12:35

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Luk 6:45

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Rom 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

KJV
Is this good TLF and does it refer to all people?