• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Is it ok to abort the pregnancy of an animal? By animal I mean cat, dog, cow, goat and the like. Is it wrong to do that?

I'm wondering.

YSIC

Faithie :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,246
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No more wrong than taking the babies to the pound and have them killed there. I think what is wrong is letting the mothers get pregnant in the first place. It cost less than feeding one litter of little ones.

se

Guest Thomas I believe

To Blatently kill a litter of baby animals as a form of birth control, would be wrong. They are God's creatures. Pet owners need to be responsible and get there cats and dogs neutered or spayed. If an animals life is in danger if it was to carry its babys to full term, that is another story.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I agree with Thomas. We are to be good stewards of what God has given us. animals included.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

To Blatently kill a litter of baby animals as a form of birth control, would be wrong. They are God's creatures. Pet owners need to be responsible and get there cats and dogs neutered or spayed. If an animals life is in danger if it was to carry its babys to full term, that is another story.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with my brother Thomas...I don't believe in abortion in any creature. I have four dogs, at one time I had seven. All were neuterd and spayed. That is what we need to do. All life is precious.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Is this even an issue? I've never heard of someone aborting an animal pregnancy, as a form of birth control or otherwise. Perhaps some cattle ranchers do it, but I've never heard of it.

In any case I don't compare animals with humans by any fashion. It seems to me wrong to abort any kind of life though.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

My Kitty is in heat and we're going to have to get her 'fixed' up. If she has been mated then it will be aborting a pregnancy. I don't know if she has or hasn't been mated. Her coming into heat kinda snuck up on us and we have been caught short of money with my son going to Kindy. Be angry at me if you want, it's ok.

Faithie

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Here are my two cents with your situation.

You have a couple of choices here....I'm sure the vet probably told you these as well....but I'm not sure.

You could wait out the "heat" session and see if she is pregnant first before going ahead with the spay OR you could go ahead and get her spayed now and see what the vet says if she was pregnant or not. I'm not sure if taking some sort of x-ray first is an option but if you are dead set against aborting a "possible" pregnancy...I'd inquire about it. Maybe they have an ultrasound machine?

I personally don't think what you are doing is wrong. If it were me in that situation, I would go ahead with the spay.

Just my thoughts though. :)

Take care and if nothing else, pray about it. :P God might have an answer for you. :21:

Blessings

Jen

PS. I also agree that spaying and neutering before this situation ever happens is best. I always like to quote Mr. Bob Barker....

"help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutered." :) There are just WAY too many unwanted animals out there. Know what I mean?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

Faithie I can understand what you are saying. Murdering an unwanted animal because of owner neglect or other rasons seems wrong to me too. Life is so precious. But if your kitty is pregnant you can have the vet run a pregnacy test first to make sure you have the option of letting her have this litter and then spaying her. I can understnd having a heat sneak up on you some cats are so quiet and others yowel like crazy. Myself I neuter all the males of animals I do not wish to breed myself and take the females to the vet for spaying. ( I am not equipped to spay the females since that surgery is more invasive) I applaud you for your concsious my sister and wish all pet owners were as responsible as you appear to be.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Myself I neuter all the males of animals I do not wish to breed myself and take the females to the vet for spaying. ( I am not equipped to spay the females since that surgery is more invasive)
Edited by cares4critters