IGNORED

The term " Born Again Christian " is unbiblical

robin hood

Guest shiloh357

it is important to note that biblical concepts are sometimes demonstrated even if they are not spelled out expressly in the Bible.   The term "believer's baptism" is a common phrase that is not in the Bible, yet biblically, baptism is for those who believe and is demonstrated as such in the Bible.

You become a Chirstian by being born again.   There are no Christians who have not been born again.   So "born again Christian"  is perfectly biblical and is demonstrated in the Bible even if the phrase is not expressly used.  

There are all kinds Christian concepts like this.   The Trinity is demonstrated in the Scriptures.  The concept of grandfathers is not mentioned in the Bible but is there.   The Bible never mentions legalism, but I can show you legalism in the Bible.

So Robin Hood's idea that the phrase "born again Christian" is not biblical is simply incorrect.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Yes it was. Try reading John 3:3-7.

I have read it .

It says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Read it again and you will see what it actually says .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

~

From Far In The Distant Past, Godly Men

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Repeat Their Beloved Master

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

As They Tell Even

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

Me His Truth

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. 1 Peter 1:23

Pretty Cool Huh?

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Petrer 1:21

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

What is really troubling you Robin Hood?

What's troubling Robin Hood is that Christians make a distinction between the tares and the wheat, the goats and the sheep, the unregenerate and the regenerate. That, in his opinion, is "judgemental". The sad truth is that all who call themselves Christians are not necessarily so.

And sorting out the tares and the wheat , the sheep and the goats is the job of Jesus.....not the job of some guys who invent a "Born Again Christian" label to sort them out .

I'll stick to what the Bible says.....not what you say .

Okay, so what does the Bible say about the relationship of being born again, to being a Christian??  

The Bible says that as sons and daughters of the Father through the rebirth by water and the Spirit we are not to judge . 

Let those who wish to judge do so , but don't expect me to follow their ways .

I have no intention of going  around with an unbiblical "Born Again Christian" label , just so I can claim I am Christian because I wear that label , and judge all other Christians as not really being Christians because they don't have that label hung round their necks .

We show our fidelity to our adoption by the fruit we bear , not by some label we wear....a label some guys came up with fairly recently. 

Guest shiloh357

What's troubling Robin Hood is that Christians make a distinction between the tares and the wheat, the goats and the sheep, the unregenerate and the regenerate. That, in his opinion, is "judgemental". The sad truth is that all who call themselves Christians are not necessarily so.

And sorting out the tares and the wheat , the sheep and the goats is the job of Jesus.....not the job of some guys who invent a "Born Again Christian" label to sort them out .

Okay, so what does the Bible say about the relationship of being born again, to being a Christian??  

The Bible says that as sons and daughters of the Father through the rebirth by water and the Spirit we are not to judge . 

I have no intention of going  around with an unbiblical "Born Again Christian" label , just so I can claim I am Christian because I wear that label , and judge all other Christians as not really being Christians because they don't have that label hung round their necks .

We show our fidelity to our adoption by the fruit we bear , not by some label we wear....a label some guys came up with fairly recently. 

And why should anyone believe you that "born again Christian" is just a label???  

"Born again Christian"  isn't a label.  It is a reality of the work of the Holy Spirit on the human heart.  You can continue this ridiculous canard against it, but you don't know what you're talking about and are criticizing something you clearly don't understand.   We are not wearing a label when we call ourselves a born again Christian.  We are witnessing what God has done in our lives.    Being born of the spirit and water IS being born again.   If that has happened to you, you are a born again Christian whether you like it or not.  

Being born of the spirit and water IS being born again.     

Exactly.....Being born of the spirit and water IS being born again......that's why the term "Born Again Christian" is theological nonsense .

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

This is one of the oddest threads I've ever seen, and I've seen my share. Robin Hood, as long as you're born again (which IS the definition of a Christian, by the bye) you can call yourself a chocolate eclair for all it matters. Can you afford the rest of us the grace to do the same? Or is something deeper bothering you?

Oh dear.....I wondered how long it would be before this lot cropped up........chickens coming home to roost ......and all that stuff .....and how sad it sounds.

So some guys or gals in the 1960s came up with this new term "Born Again Christian" just to show who the true Christians really are .....Wow ! ......what a sad , judgemental bunch they must have been .

And there's poor me .....thinking all along that it was by their fruits that they would be known......while all along , at least according to you , it's by the label "Born Again Christian" that they would be known ......but somehow it just doesn't ring true .

I'll just stick with the Bible on this one .

It looks to me that YOU are the judgmental one. Attacking Christian Brethren from the 60's that can't explain and defend themselves. Nice Fruit. Lol!! Going to change my signature to Born Again Christian and blessed!

Perhaps I am......perhaps you are judging me.....not in the same league though as those who say that those who don't go around wearing an unbiblical "Born Again Christian" label are not genuine Christians .

Oh dear.....I wondered how long it would be before this lot cropped up........chickens coming home to roost ......and all that stuff .....and how sad it sounds.

So some guys or gals in the 1960s came up with this new term "Born Again Christian" just to show who the true Christians really are .....Wow ! ......what a sad , judgemental bunch they must have been .

And there's poor me .....thinking all along that it was by their fruits that they would be known......while all along , at least according to you , it's by the label "Born Again Christian" that they would be known ......but somehow it just doesn't ring true .

It looks to me that YOU are the judgmental one. Attacking Christian Brethren from the 60's that can't explain and defend themselves. Nice Fruit. Lol!! Going to change my signature to Born Again Christian and blessed!

Perhaps I am .....perhaps you are judging me.....not in the same league though as those who say that if you don't go around wearing 

Perhaps I am....and perhaps you are judging me.....not in the same league though as those who say that those who don't wear the unbiblical "Born A

It looks to me that YOU are the judgmental one. Attacking Christian Brethren from the 60's that can't explain and defend themselves. Nice Fruit.

Perhaps I am .....and perhaps you are judging me.....but it's not in the same league as those who say that if we don't wear the unbiblical "Born Again Christiann

Maybe ....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Go with God, brothers and sisters. I really don't have anything else to add.

Guest shiloh357

Exactly.....Being born of the spirit and water IS being born again......that's why the term "Born Again Christian" is theological nonsense .

No, it is not nonsense. It might be a redundant term, but it is not nonsense.   What's nonsense is your ignorant claim that it is not biblical.