IGNORED

The term " Born Again Christian " is unbiblical

robin hood

Guest shiloh357

If you read through this thread you will see some explaining what they mean by "Born Again Christian" , and their words express a theology which is erroneous .

Another example......some Christians say that if you don't have the gift of tongues then you don't have the Holy Spirit , and so you aren't a Christian . A totally false notion . I have been graced with the gift of tongues , but in no way do I consider this gift as an indication that because of that gift I now possess the Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit has dwelt in me since I was born again of water and the Spirit .....many years before I received the gift of tongues .

In a similar way there are "Born Again Christians" who confront other Christians , asking them if they are born again . These "Born Again Christians" say that , if you haven't had some sort of "experience" which they have had , then you are not a Christian .....a totally false notion......having an "experience" which in no way equates with the words Jesus spoke to Nicodemus .

To put it plainly.....a Christian does not have to be born again . There is no second , third , or fourth "being born again" . It is a non-Christian who is called upon to be born again . Once a non-Christian is born again of water and the Spirit he is incorporated into the life of the Trinity , and as a Christian he would be insulting God and what God has done for him if he were to seek a further "being born again" .

Again, you don't know what you're talking about.    Being born again, whether you like it or not, is an experience.   It is a personal experience with Jesus.   Everyone's "experience"  will not be the same in that regard.  Different people are saved at different times and in different places and out of different life situations.   But EVERYONE must have a personal encounter with Jesus to be saved.

The disciples were not changed by seeing Jesus' miracles.  When they were in hiding, fearing for their lives after Jesus' death, they were transformed when Jesus appeared to them after his resurrection and they had a person experience/encounter with Jesus.   The miracles didn't sustain them, but when they encountered Jesus alive, they had the boldness to face down death in a way they never had before.

No one is saying a Christian has to be born again.   That's not what "born again Christian" means.   It means, "I am a Christian because I am born again."   Anyone willing to be objective can be honest about that, and knows that to be true.

Sorry, Robin Hood but you are still out in left field. 

The tautology "Born Again Christian" needs to be seen for what it is in the real world . It is an unbiblical term used to set one group of Christians against another group , with the implication that the other group are not really Christians .

That is a value you are ignorantly assigning to others.  Born Again Christian is never used to set one group  of Christians from another.   That's is ridiculous and irrational on your part.   It  sets Christians apart from the rest of the world that has not been born again.   There is no other kind of Christian than the born again type.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If you read through this thread you will see some explaining what they mean by "Born Again Christian" , and their words express a theology which is erroneous .

Another example......some Christians say that if you don't have the gift of tongues then you don't have the Holy Spirit , and so you aren't a Christian . A totally false notion . I have been graced with the gift of tongues , but in no way do I consider this gift as an indication that because of that gift I now possess the Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit has dwelt in me since I was born again of water and the Spirit .....many years before I received the gift of tongues .

In a similar way there are "Born Again Christians" who confront other Christians , asking them if they are born again . These "Born Again Christians" say that , if you haven't had some sort of "experience" which they have had , then you are not a Christian .....a totally false notion......having an "experience" which in no way equates with the words Jesus spoke to Nicodemus .

To put it plainly.....a Christian does not have to be born again . There is no second , third , or fourth "being born again" . It is a non-Christian who is called upon to be born again . Once a non-Christian is born again of water and the Spirit he is incorporated into the life of the Trinity , and as a Christian he would be insulting God and what God has done for him if he were to seek a further "being born again" .

Again, you don't know what you're talking about.    Being born again, whether you like it or not, is an experience.   It is a personal experience with Jesus.   Everyone's "experience"  will not be the same in that regard.  Different people are saved at different times and in different places and out of different life situations.   But EVERYONE must have a personal encounter with Jesus to be saved. 

I am suspect that because God has placed a unique mark (finger print) upon all whom He has created->
there lies a distinctive solely their own in all things . It is an infinite pool from which God works from within
Himself outward to us but when we demand us to be this formed understanding of the outward reality all
that is/is lost to idols and the value of also lost... giving God the glory due Him is simply being reborn into
the true reality of what is really here and it does take you into 'all things new'  ... Love, Steven

Guest Teditis

What about this whole thing where we park on Driveways and drive on Parkways...

that doesn't make sense to me either.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The tension by which we are held in His Word lies in this:

Matt 7:16
   Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
KJV

But we who cannot see the hearts of others and can be fooled by appearance- if that is where rely to know...

2 Cor 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great
thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be
according to their works.
KJV

So in this tension of personal inability we enter with faith into God's Word formed within us -in His
good time this

Rom 8:16
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
KJV

If you are temped to rely on anything else outside of this revelatory aspect performed by God The Holy
Spirit ->you are outside the tension of where you are to be kept and error will await you in the reasoning...
I believe this 'IS' what Jesus was referring to in this statement of His

Matt 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children,
ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
KJV

We having begun-> are in an infinite place where there can be only One Guide and His qualifications must
be that He 'IS'  and 'ALWAY' has been The Infinite... so then are you walking as a child in places where you
need Him in every step?      Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Something tells me the OP has brought up this same subject on other Christian sites, hoping to get controversy; maybe he's even gotten the same reactions. Betcha a ham sandwich he'll tire of it in the next few days, and then move on to the next site. I guess fun's where you find it, but to me it's utterly pointless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Robin hood  what do you become when you are born again?   

Do you become a christian?

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Last night I had a dream and when I woke up it got me thinking.  It was this scripture;

James 4:4   Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

How can we be an enemy of the world when we are told to love thy neighbour?  We have many friends in this world.

And then it came to me, .....The world thinks and acts a certain way.  The world loves it's own.  Christ taught us that. When we start telling the world about the Word of the Lord, we suddenly become very unpopular.  Many who love the Lord and his truth, are frightened to stand up and speak because the fear of rejection sets in.  We don't want to attract negative attention do we, it brings us down.  I have been guilty of this at times I must confess, and many times I just keep my mouth shut, and avoid confrontation , even though inside me wants to speak and shout from the rooftops, and other times I do speak my mind.

Well the same is for the Christian world.  If we stand up and speak something we believe is not true doctrine from the scriptures, then the Christian world goes against us.  So we have this fear of rejection  also "in the Christian world" .....So where does that leave us if both "the world" and "the christian world" don't accept us?  It leaves us in that same place Jesus was in, along with his apostles because they were preaching something different. 
They were "outcasts", a peculiar people.

It brings me back to;

Luke 9:25   For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

John 7:7   The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

John 12:25   He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

My point, If we want acceptance of the world, and the Christian world, then we will not stand up and speak if something is out of whack with the Word we read in the holy scriptures, but will remain silent instead.  What use are we then to God?, nothing but stunned mullets!  But if we are prepared to take rejection for the truth's sake, then we are doing what Christ commanded, and this is what it means to not be in friendship with the world, but to put Christ first before all things, and declare what is true even if it is contrary to popular belief.  But it must be backed up.

So I commend Robin Hood for making this stand, knowing this whole site is going to attack him.  I think he is a Christian, so lets hear him out.

Actually, Robin Hood has made a good point. , so instead of attacking him, why don't we reason with him?

Robin, I can honestly see what angle you are coming from.   I have always thought this too.

John 3:7   Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

So what's every body doing? ..... Marvelling!

Lets look at the context John 3:7 was written in.

John 3:3   Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:4   Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

John 3:5   Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:6   That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:7   Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Here is how I understand it.

There is a renewing of the spirit, a change of heart for Christ seeking holiness, which is what the Christians mean as being born again, but the true meaning of "born again" is this as I see it because of the above scriptures;

We were first born flesh out of our mother's womb (born of water), then at the resurrection of the saints we will be "changed" and "born of the spirit."  Born again.  Born twice only.

So to be born again, one must first be born flesh (at birth), then the second time at the Resurrection of the saints.  It's a process ...human to spirit ..born again.

Until we receive "our changed bodies" at the resurrection we cannot receive our inheritance.

for;

1 Corinthians 15:50   Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Therefore, we have to be changed into spirit before we can inherit the kingdom.  We can't go in there still flesh but with our changed bodies, receiving the final perfection (a spiritual body), because we are being born into the heavenly realm now. Born out of Zion, God's woman this time, in other words, born out of her teachings.  Transformed from the inside, ..accepted, gathered, and resurrected by Christ at his return.   Born again. 

I believe this is the true meaning of born again.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

The point of the term 'born again Christian' was to make a distinction between genuine Christians and nominal Christians. When I became a Christian 40 years ago, it was widely used and that is how I would have described myself. (It meant that I was a 'religious nutter', rather than someone who just went to church on Sundays because it was expected of them, or because it was a habit dating back to childhood) Now I hardly ever hear it. Because the UK has become increasingly secular, 'nominal' Christianity has almost ceased to exist. It is now sufficient to say that you are a Christian, and everyone assumes that you are the 'religious nutter' type.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

When I was born again by water and the Spirit I became a son by adoption of the Father , was incorporated in the the Body of Christ , his Church , and became a temple of the Holy Spirit.......and lots of other glorious things .

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

When I was born again by water and the Spirit I became a son by adoption of the Father , was incorporated in the the Body of Christ , his Church , and became a temple of the Holy Spirit.......and lots of other glorious things .

Do you not call yourself a christian?