Fecal matter found in ground beef

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I never eat any meat with pink in the center.  My meat is always well done, and the more done, the better.  I don't mind a little burned on the outside.  That's the beauty of eating chicken.  There is only well done when cooking chicken.

A person can really get sick on underdone chicken.I heard that a steak is not so bad as long as the outside is done.I like my steak just pink inside.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

And that is why I like my hamburger well done. Fear

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/health/2015/08/25/fecal-matter-found-every-sample-ground-beef-study-finds/32365325/

Like your burger medium-rare? A new report on bacterial contamination in ground beef by Consumer Reports might move you to the well-done camp.

In its report published Monday, Consumer Reports discovered E. coli or other bacteria consistent with fecal contamination in all 300 packages of ground beef that it tested. Ten to 20 percent of samples, which were purchased across the country, were also contaminated with other bacteria that can cause illness.

The investigation also found more bacteria in ground beef from conventionally raised cattle - animals given antibiotics and fattened on feedlots - compared to more sustainably raised grass-fed or antibiotic-free beef.

More than 80 percent of conventional beef harbored at least two types of bacteria, compared to less than 60 percent of sustainably raised beef. And twice as many samples of conventional beef, 18 percent, tested positive for "superbugs" - bacteria resistant to multiple antibiotics - compared to the more sustainable varieties.

The majority of the 4.6 billion pounds of beef - half of it ground - Americans buy each year is conventionally produced.

I always cook beef until it is well done....all meat really.  I am PARANOID about bacterial and such, having had an E-Coli infection a few years ago.  This article is disturbing and reminds me of one I posted myself awhile back about Congress voting to do away with the Country of Origin labeling requirement.  My company has  to provide COO information when we sell pipe for Pete's sake.  Does anyone think foreign meat is better than American meat?

My older brother and two other scientists were the three known authorities of the Mad Cow disease.Do you remember that scare?My dad was eating some brains once in some scrambled eggs and my brother freaked out. lol

Oh no; I would have freaked out if someone was eating brains regardless but yes, I do remember the mad cow thing.  Our food is never going to be 100% safe no matter what we do though.  So your brother is a scientist?  Neat!

And that is why I like my hamburger well done. Fear

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/health/2015/08/25/fecal-matter-found-every-sample-ground-beef-study-finds/32365325/

Like your burger medium-rare? A new report on bacterial contamination in ground beef by Consumer Reports might move you to the well-done camp.

In its report published Monday, Consumer Reports discovered E. coli or other bacteria consistent with fecal contamination in all 300 packages of ground beef that it tested. Ten to 20 percent of samples, which were purchased across the country, were also contaminated with other bacteria that can cause illness.

The investigation also found more bacteria in ground beef from conventionally raised cattle - animals given antibiotics and fattened on feedlots - compared to more sustainably raised grass-fed or antibiotic-free beef.

More than 80 percent of conventional beef harbored at least two types of bacteria, compared to less than 60 percent of sustainably raised beef. And twice as many samples of conventional beef, 18 percent, tested positive for "superbugs" - bacteria resistant to multiple antibiotics - compared to the more sustainable varieties.

The majority of the 4.6 billion pounds of beef - half of it ground - Americans buy each year is conventionally produced.

I always cook beef until it is well done....all meat really.  I am PARANOID about bacterial and such, having had an E-Coli infection a few years ago.  This article is disturbing and reminds me of one I posted myself awhile back about Congress voting to do away with the Country of Origin labeling requirement.  My company has  to provide COO information when we sell pipe for Pete's sake.  Does anyone think foreign meat is better than American meat?

My older brother and two other scientists were the three known authorities of the Mad Cow disease.Do you remember that scare?My dad was eating some brains once in some scrambled eggs and my brother freaked out. lol

Oh no; I would have freaked out if someone was eating brains regardless but yes, I do remember the mad cow thing.  Our food is never going to be 100% safe no matter what we do though.  So your brother is a scientist?  Neat!

He is dead now.Yes,he was one sharp cookie.You would never know we were related  :P.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I would just like to state for the record 2 against 1 is bully.... bully.... bully...bully all uncooked  :ph34r: bon appetite girls

hamburger-waving-hello-smiley-emoticon.g OH BOY do I have a hamburger for you.It is somewhat red but that is what gives it all the flavor.ENJOY :D

that's right if ya can't beat em poison them :o I think there's a special place in my heart for you :happyhappy:

that's right if ya can't beat em poison them :o I think there's a special place in my heart for you :happyhappy:

Moi?I am sorry sir but you are sadly mistaken.

Hey don't be pasting anymore  of the wormy I mean waving hamburgers ... especially one in that sort of dilemma with the buns exposed :blink:  

A little bi polar mind you but friendly.

The girl burger  :noidea:

Edited by enoob57