• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

And that is why I like my hamburger well done. Fear

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/health/2015/08/25/fecal-matter-found-every-sample-ground-beef-study-finds/32365325/

Like your burger medium-rare? A new report on bacterial contamination in ground beef by Consumer Reports might move you to the well-done camp.

In its report published Monday, Consumer Reports discovered E. coli or other bacteria consistent with fecal contamination in all 300 packages of ground beef that it tested. Ten to 20 percent of samples, which were purchased across the country, were also contaminated with other bacteria that can cause illness.

The investigation also found more bacteria in ground beef from conventionally raised cattle - animals given antibiotics and fattened on feedlots - compared to more sustainably raised grass-fed or antibiotic-free beef.

More than 80 percent of conventional beef harbored at least two types of bacteria, compared to less than 60 percent of sustainably raised beef. And twice as many samples of conventional beef, 18 percent, tested positive for "superbugs" - bacteria resistant to multiple antibiotics - compared to the more sustainable varieties.

The majority of the 4.6 billion pounds of beef - half of it ground - Americans buy each year is conventionally produced.

Edited by bopeep1909

yes, good - usually or at least most often cooking beef well done can destroy the pathogenic organisms.
I just found a Worthy post this morning about how experiments with pork heated for a while to very very high temperatures still did not kill the parasites it has throughout its flesh..... 'selah'....
They cause cysts and other troubles, including cancer(see Pastor Josephson's *"God's Key to Health and Happiness" if possible) -
, a main cause perhaps of bronchitis and various arthritis ailments and many other troubles in the body.

* - a paperback published about 80 years ago of a pastor told 'go home and get your papers in order, you have maybe 3 months'; he learned from Scripture(even though he was already a Pastor) what to do, so he tried it - and the cancer went bye bye... he lived many more decades healthy and happy in the Lord's Ministry)

yes, good - usually or at least most often cooking beef well done can destroy the pathogenic organisms.
I just found a Worthy post this morning about how experiments with pork heated for a while to very very high temperatures still did not kill the parasites it has throughout its flesh..... 'selah'....
They cause cysts and other troubles, including cancer(see Pastor Josephson's *"God's Key to Health and Happiness" if possible) -
, a main cause perhaps of bronchitis and various arthritis ailments and many other troubles in the body.

* - a paperback published about 80 years ago of a pastor told 'go home and get your papers in order, you have maybe 3 months'; he learned from Scripture(even though he was already a Pastor) what to do, so he tried it - and the cancer went bye bye... he lived many more decades healthy and happy in the Lord's Ministry)

Reaction Don't say that I love pork.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Brace yourselves folks I heard that if you eat you will die :blink:

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Life is a sexually transmitted disease......        being born will sooner or later kill you.

All you people who eat all this healthy stuff all the time are going to feel kind of silly laying in the hospital dieing from nothing.....    sooner or later :P

A life of this    Donut.jpgis worth dieing a few years early.

I think eating ground beef rare is not wise.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,165
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Life is a sexually transmitted disease......        being born will sooner or later kill you.

All you people who eat all this healthy stuff all the time are going to feel kind of silly laying in the hospital dieing from nothing.....    sooner or later :P

:24:

You forgot "terminal." Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease . . . 

A life of this    Donut.jpgis worth dieing a few years early.

maybe so....  

but

don't forget the pain, suffering and unending doctor's bills in the meantime (often for years/ decades) -  one lady felt like you do 12 or so years ago,  and 

told her doctor she would NOT give up chocolate cake and ice cream, no matter what he said......

she didn't give them up either.....

and now,   for at least 7 years,   she's been taking more and more drugs (prescription) for oscillating blood sugar,  high blood pressure, diabetes,  head aches,  stomach aches,  and a few other things.....

all because she wouldn't take her doctor's advice... (oh,  she stays under his care..... yes.... certainly.... just wouldn't listen to him when she had the chance to avoid so many troubles) ...

i didn't say to eat a half dozen a day.....   the vast majority of the people on this planet could eat one or two of these things a day (depending on how hard they work) without any problems...     I don't know the lady, but I'm guessing that if she exercised daily she would not be having so much trouble....

You can be the healthiest person in the world and get norovirus.

So are you saying some will be exposed to norovirus and not get it?