• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

What do you think?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/30/politics/scott-walker-northern-border-immigration-2016/index.html

It's not just the southern border: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says it's "legitimate" to discuss building a wall separating the United States from Canada, as well.

The Republican presidential contender said the idea of a northern border has come up while he has campaigned in New Hampshire.

In an interview for NBC's "Meet the Press" available online, Walker said his tough talk to securing the borders and enforcing U.S. laws extends to the 5,525-mile Canadian border as well.

It's a shift from most campaign-trail rhetoric, which has focused on the United States' border with Mexico, where millions undocumented immigrants have entered the country.

Edited by bopeep1909

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

This is getting idiotic.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

What do you think?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/30/politics/scott-walker-northern-border-immigration-2016/index.html

It's not just the southern border: Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says it's "legitimate" to discuss building a wall separating the United States from Canada, as well.

The Republican presidential contender said the idea of a northern border has come up while he has campaigned in New Hampshire.

In an interview for NBC's "Meet the Press" available online, Walker said his tough talk to securing the borders and enforcing U.S. laws extends to the 5,525-mile Canadian border as well.

It's a shift from most campaign-trail rhetoric, which has focused on the United States' border with Mexico, where millions undocumented immigrants have entered the country.

I live 30 miles from the Canadian border. There is a lot of border traffic. Canadians coming to the U.S. to shop. A fence would cause a huge hit to the economy in my area as it is likely to drive Canadians away from the U.S.

Canada is a good friend to the U.S. and presents no threat. I travel to Canada a couple of times a year, for short vacations. I live closest to Quebec, which is a food lovers paradise. I have traveled in and through Ontario, one of the friendliest places there is. (Living in the north east, to travel to the midwest, Ontario is a really good place with a great highway system, and nice people.). 

I am definitely opposed to building a wall along the U.S.-Canada border. It would be very very expensive and useless for protection, while discouraging Canadian tourists. I believe Scott Walker is trying to appear to be fair, without prejudice, but what he said is more politically correct and just plain stupid.   

Good replies and opinions.Anyone for the idea of building a wall and why?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  01/02/1964

Not me. But if you do both walls you would need something to guard the coast.  We could do mines in the water, concrete Jacks along the beaches and manned bunkers every couple of miles manned by folks with machine guns and flame throwers 

alarmed-smiley.gif?1292867546 Ya right....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

That is over the top. A wall on the Mexican border makes sense, but the Canadians arnt trying to sneak in and steal our jobs, in fact in a few years we maybe jumping the border to steal their jobs. So, it may actually be wise if Canada built a wall lol

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Since Canada poses no threat to the U.S. and Canadians aren't scurrying into the U.S. illegally.....why on earth would we need a wall there?  I think Walker is trying to get some attention in the media.....he surely needs some considering he has dropped about 18 points in the polls since early August. 

Since Canada poses no threat to the U.S. and Canadians aren't scurrying into the U.S. illegally.....why on earth would we need a wall there?  I think Walker is trying to get some attention in the media.....he surely needs some considering he has dropped about 18 points in the polls since early August. 

Is the board between Canada and the U.S. really not a threat?It is pretty open.

Only to keep the illegals in the U.S. from reaching Canada!  :emot-headphones:

How do you know that there are not a lot of terrorists coming in from Canada?