• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

On November 23, 2015 at 10:46:54 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Really? What about the other English Bibles from before the King James Version?

Right. I mentioned one earlier. There were several.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

On 24/11/2015, 11:46:54, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Really? What about the other English Bibles from before the King James Version?

Omegaman

They were only translated by individuals, and not a team working together.  However, it was the lead-up for what was to come and God's hand was definately upon it, to demonstrate the persecutions involved, and how the enemy at that time would use everything in his power to block the world from knowing the scriptures and working it out for themselves.

Also I think God wanted the translation process to be carried out through a strict process where it could be substantiated, and not a particular individual glorified.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

On 11/23/2015, 3:14:36, Sister said:

gdemoss

Ecclesiastes 8:4   Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

I like this one in Daniel also

Daniel 4:25   That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

Every King that ever ruled is there because God put him there to fulfill his purpose for a specific job. 

If it wasn't for King James, we would still have have the the scriptures preached to us in Latin, a language we don't know, or be persecuted for having  a few other translations, not completed nor perfected, and translated only by individuals, and not a team using a careful translation process and without prejudice.

Sister, "teams" of translators is a very recent phenomena historically speaking.   

There were several translations of scriptures in various venacular languages all over the world throughout the history of the Church.  Latin was the vernacular at one time and this is why there was a Latin translation.

People have very odd ideas about the history of bible translations.

I personally believe God did use King James to have a perfect translation of the Bible written for the English speaking community.  Still, I realize it is by faith I believe that, just as by faith I believe that God moved upon people to give us a perfect canon.  I can't prove either claim.  I just believe it.  Because I cannot prove those claims to be true, I simply would suggest that those who can receive it, do so, and those that don't, at least choose a Bible that is complete.  If a translation has removed part of the text that was considered to be canon, why would anyone trust it?  At least use the NKJV or something that doesn't discredit the canon, because every time I see someone defend the removal of part of the text, it means they cannot believe the canon was God inspired.  That means we must consider adding additional books or even removing some as mistakes could have taken place.  Do the epistles of Paul belong?  How about James?  Should we consider adding Enoch, or some or all of the Apocryphal books to the canon?  Those are all valid things to consider if it is ok to remove part of the text from individual books. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/30/1978

The only 2 translations that I know of that the Lord does not approve of is the NWT and the GNT. If you want to know if your translation is accurate just read John 1:1. In NWT it says the Word was a god. In GNT it says the Word was same as God. The Lord let me know while I was watching the movie "The Book Of John" that He does not approve of that translation (GNT). If it doesn't say the Word was God, don't read it. Anyway I started with KJV but now I read a lot of NIV, the Lord will let me know if He has a problem with the translation I'm reading.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015‎ ‎3‎:‎05‎:‎53‎, LovelyJoni said:

The only 2 translations that I know of that the Lord does not approve of is the NWT and the GNT. If you want to know if your translation is accurate just read John 1:1. In NWT it says the Word was a god. In GNT it says the Word was same as God. The Lord let me know while I was watching the movie "The Book Of John" that He does not approve of that translation (GNT). If it doesn't say the Word was God, don't read it. Anyway I started with KJV but now I read a lot of NIV, the Lord will let me know if He has a problem with the translation I'm reading.

If you go back to the OP, it gives a list of scriptures left out of many modern translations.  The Lord let me know he doesn't approve of any Bible that leaves verses out that were originally part of the Biblical canon.  That would include the NIV.  The Lord has shown me many times over that I should stick with the King James Bible.  Isn't it funny how one person claims the Lord shows them one thing and another person believes the Lord showed them something else???

May we all follow His Spirit to gain Wisdom from His Word. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/30/1978

Oh Yeah thats really funny. The Lord delivered me from drugs and alcohol, revealed His will for my life, gave me the gifts of prophecy and discerning spirits and rebuilt my family that the devil had destroyed. Then He let me know to throw away Jesus Calling and that the GNT was no good but He never told me NIV is no good. Thats actually not funny. Theres 3 voices...God, self and the devil and I do know my Fathers voice. I walk in the Spirit and know right away when something has come between us. He continues to reveal His will to me and I am very close Jesus. I believe paranoia can come from staying online too much. NIV translation is fine with my Lord. And I still read KJV daily as well.

I wasn't attempting humor. If I have offended you I apologize. I use the NIV, and KJV, as well as translations you my or may have never heard of. My only prayer is that we each understand the meaning of what God has inspired to be His Word. 

Regardless of the version or translation, isn't it God who reveals Himself to each of us ? I have met some very rigid KJV, AV, or other " translations ", that interpret His meaning different than I do. Does that mean I am right and they are wrong or visa-versa ? It is for God to decide, not me ( or them ). I am the creation and not the creator. It is HIS Word that is inspired, not mine or theirs. I pray that we all gain wisdom by His Spirit by the reading of His Word. I ask this in the name of Jesus, amen.