IGNORED

When Christ returns for the Body of Christ.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

n2thelight

Much of what you are peddling is total heresy.

The Church began at Pentecost.  Fact  Acts 1:8 - But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and to the ends of the earth.  Cp 2:1-2 - When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.  Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind come from heaven and filled the whole house whee they were sitting. v4 - All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Full of the Holy Spirit is what distinguishes the Church from Israel or any other group.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Where exactly in that verse does it state the Church was started?

The Greek word translated "Church" in the Bible is "ekklesia." It means "a called out assembly." It is found 112 times in the Greek New Testament. In all 112 cases, except Matt. 16:18, Acts 7:38, 1 Cor. 10:32, Eph. 1:22, Eph. 3:10, Eph. 5:23-32, Col. 1:18,24, Heb. 2:12, Heb. 12:23, "ekklesia" refers to local churches. Of these few exceptions, one of them refers specifically to Israel in the Old Testament (Acts 7:37), and another is a quote of an Old Testament prophecy about the Church (Hebrews 2:12).

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.
38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:
(KJV)

Dispensationalists typically define the "Church" as a unique body, founded on Pentecost (a Jewish Feast day), completely separate from the nation of Israel. Yet, in Stephen's defense before the Sanhedrin, he referred to Israel after the exodus as "the Church in the wilderness." Why would Stephen violate the alleged dispensational parameters by referring to Israel as "the Church?"

Christ is the head of the Church which is a body of believers,soooooo who is Israel and why do most seperate them?Are not Israel believers?What body do they belong to?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for your thoughts. Now can you tell me please who are these -

1. The nations that walk in the light of the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 21: 24)

2. Those in the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 22: 3)

3. The overcomers that sit with Christ on His throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

Marilyn.

Your welcome Marilyn

1.Answrer is in the verse

2.Same

3.Same

Not understanding your questions,please clarify

My question to you...Do you know who Israel is?Also who or what was the Church in the wilderness?

Acts 7:37 "This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, `A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear.' "

Acts 7:38 "This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the Angel Which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our father: who received the lively oracles to give unto us."

Where does Moses and the rest of the Old Test prophets fit in,are they of the Church or Israel?

Hi n2thelight,

I was asking who do you think those people are -

1. The nations that walk in the light of the New Jerusalem.

2. The people in the New Jerusalem. (Heb. 11 - OT Saints)

3. The Overcomers of the Body of Christ who rule & reign with Christ in the third heaven.

Three different groups for three different purposes in God`s great kingdom.

The word `church` Ekklesia, means called out ones.

The Church in the wilderness, is Israel, the called out group from the nations of the world for a special purpose.

The Church, the Body of Christ, is the next called out group from both the nations & Israel. Also called out for a special purpose.

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for your thoughts. Now can you tell me please who are these -

1. The nations that walk in the light of the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 21: 24)

2. Those in the New Jerusalem. (Rev. 22: 3)

3. The overcomers that sit with Christ on His throne. (Rev. 3: 21)

Marilyn.

Your welcome Marilyn

1.Answrer is in the verse

2.Same

3.Same

Not understanding your questions,please clarify

My question to you...Do you know who Israel is?Also who or what was the Church in the wilderness?

Acts 7:37 "This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, `A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear.' "

Acts 7:38 "This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the Angel Which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our father: who received the lively oracles to give unto us."

Where does Moses and the rest of the Old Test prophets fit in,are they of the Church or Israel?

Hi n2thelight,

I was asking who do you think those people are -

1. The nations that walk in the light of the New Jerusalem.

2. The people in the New Jerusalem. (Heb. 11 - OT Saints)

3. The Overcomers of the Body of Christ who rule & reign with Christ in the third heaven.

Three different groups for three different purposes in God`s great kingdom.

The word `church` Ekklesia, means called out ones.

The Church in the wilderness, is Israel, the called out group from the nations of the world for a special purpose.

The Church, the Body of Christ, is the next called out group from both the nations & Israel. Also called out for a special purpose.

Marilyn.

Put them all together and what do you get?Are they not all a body of believers with Christ as the head,which is the Church?We all have different purposes in Gods overall plan,that dos'nt mean we are not of His body,the Church...

I see you having three different bodies...You say the Church started at pentecost,who were they before,heck even now,the Church or Israel?

Oh, and who or what is Israel today?

Edited by n2thelight

Hi n2thelight,

`Put them all together & what do you get...` (to the tune of...) Veggie soup! Just joking.

`Called out` by God means that He has an eternal purpose for that group. Remember every realm will come under the Lordship of Christ & God has planned & `called out` different groups to be rulers in those realms.

Israel is a nation of the world. It has been promised that it will rule over the nations of the world. Then there were special people (Heb. 11 - OT saints) who looked for a city in the heavenlies that God promised for them. Note the OT saints did not have the Holy Spirit within them as we do, they had the `coming upon them` by the Spirit at certain times.

Then there is the Body of Christ who is individually being made like Christ. They will have a glorified body that will function in the eternal realms. They are also being fashioned together into a body that together functions in that realm.

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

`Put them all together & what do you get...` (to the tune of...) Veggie soup! Just joking.

`Called out` by God means that He has an eternal purpose for that group. Remember every realm will come under the Lordship of Christ & God has planned & `called out` different groups to be rulers in those realms.

Israel is a nation of the world. It has been promised that it will rule over the nations of the world. Then there were special people (Heb. 11 - OT saints) who looked for a city in the heavenlies that God promised for them. Note the OT saints did not have the Holy Spirit within them as we do, they had the `coming upon them` by the Spirit at certain times.

Then there is the Body of Christ who is individually being made like Christ. They will have a glorified body that will function in the eternal realms. They are also being fashioned together into a body that together functions in that realm.

Marilyn.

lol I just had some......Are not all of these one body,ie the Church?Or are you saying there are different bodies with Christ over each?

As for Israel,I see them as the Christian nations of today,meaning they are the Church...

What do you mean by realm I only see this age and the next,not to mention the age before,that's another story

Edited by n2thelight

Hi n2thelight,

Marilyn.

lol I just had some......Are not all of these one body,ie the Church?Or are you saying there are different bodies with Christ over each?

As for Israel,I see them as the Christian nations of today,meaning they are the Church...

What do you mean by realm I only see this age and the next,not to mention the age before,that's another story

Hi n2thelight,

Ha, ha. What I am saying is that there are different groups of people - the nations, Israel  & the Body of Christ, with different inheritances & responsibilities in the New heavens & new earth time - eternity.

The realms are

-  the third heaven, where God`s throne (seat of power) - Body of Christ ruling with Christ.

- the (new) universal realm, where the New Jerusalem descends - the OT saints who looked for this city.

- the (new) earth - where the `saved` of the nations live in the light of the city.

Every realm that has been contaminated by sin & rebellion, all the authorities there will be cast into the lake of fire & Christ will rule over all.

Marilyn. 

Hi n2thelight,

I just want to say I have appreciated your questions & your attitude & it is a pleasure to talk to you.

God bless, Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Marilyn.

Hi n2thelight,

Ha, ha. What I am saying is that there are different groups of people - the nations, Israel  & the Body of Christ, with different inheritances & responsibilities in the New heavens & new earth time - eternity.

The realms are

-  the third heaven, where God`s throne (seat of power) - Body of Christ ruling with Christ.

- the (new) universal realm, where the New Jerusalem descends - the OT saints who looked for this city.

- the (new) earth - where the `saved` of the nations live in the light of the city.

Every realm that has been contaminated by sin & rebellion, all the authorities there will be cast into the lake of fire & Christ will rule over all.

Marilyn. 

Those who rule with Christ shall do so from right here on earth..

Where did you get the universal realm?New Jerusalem comes down out of Heaven

What you refer to as the new earth is this same earth we live on now,it will just be rejuvinated,ie,cleansed by fire which is God

You are very welcome and thanks for your kind responses, even though we don't agree...