• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Blessings Ricky......

I started reading some responses & then I came upon simple jeffs,I couldn't bother with anything else after reading his,,,,,,,,I do not agree with most people when it comes to mans diagnoses,labels & stigmatism,,,,,,,,I am a Christian,"I will hear no evil report",,,,,,,,,I do not receive what anyone would like me to believe(or agree with) except Gods Word & His Timeless Truth,,,,,we are FREE in Christ Jesus,no more shackles,no more chains,no bondage....

jeff has made great suggestions & references,.....receive positive,eternal,spiritual,good & Heavenly things of God!!!!!You might enjoy reading Andrew Wommachs testimony,,,,he was an introvert before he rexnewed his mind & became a new creature in Christ Jesus!!!!Halleluyah!

Walking in Spirit & in Truth ,with the Heart & Mind of JESUS you can do ALL things because He Who is in you is Greater than he who is in the world,,,,,,,,,,,,you are MORE than a conqueror in Christ Jesus,trust God ,,,,,you will overcome this little obstacle,in Jesus Name                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

You will be a living testimony for the Glory of God,,,,,,,,I believe it,you believe it!

Amen!  Both of our posts pretty much say the same thing.  We can do all things through Christ who gives us strength!

I was thinking something called avoidant peronality disorder personally, but there is no confirmation of that. 

Ricky, may I say something again?  I don't believe you  have any kind of disorder.  Some people are just shy.  I just get nuts when people hang tags on other people and give them the idea that this is a "disorder" and not just something that with God's grace you will get through.

Don't give in and just trust your Heavenly Father.  I believe your going to do just fine.

Love you brother.   RustyAngeL

Are you saying that there is no such thing as a mental disorder or illness?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Blessings Ricky......

I started reading some responses & then I came upon simple jeffs,I couldn't bother with anything else after reading his,,,,,,,,I do not agree with most people when it comes to mans diagnoses,labels & stigmatism,,,,,,,,I am a Christian,"I will hear no evil report",,,,,,,,,I do not receive what anyone would like me to believe(or agree with) except Gods Word & His Timeless Truth,,,,,we are FREE in Christ Jesus,no more shackles,no more chains,no bondage....

jeff has made great suggestions & references,.....receive positive,eternal,spiritual,good & Heavenly things of God!!!!!You might enjoy reading Andrew Wommachs testimony,,,,he was an introvert before he rexnewed his mind & became a new creature in Christ Jesus!!!!Halleluyah!

Walking in Spirit & in Truth ,with the Heart & Mind of JESUS you can do ALL things because He Who is in you is Greater than he who is in the world,,,,,,,,,,,,you are MORE than a conqueror in Christ Jesus,trust God ,,,,,you will overcome this little obstacle,in Jesus Name                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

You will be a living testimony for the Glory of God,,,,,,,,I believe it,you believe it!

Amen, nothing else needs to be said!

Ricky when I first went to work at Xerox I was somewhat the same way......   My manager asked me to join Toastmasters for a while and it helped me a lot.

Toastmasters is good for some but a nightmare for others.

Please someone tell  me what Toastmasters is?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

Ricky when I first went to work at Xerox I was somewhat the same way......   My manager asked me to join Toastmasters for a while and it helped me a lot.

They are a public speaking group I think. 

Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs.

Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs.

Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clu

Sounds like a good teaching tool, but not something to replace what God  can do in a life, in setting free someone  who believes they have a mental disorder.  Always believe above and beyond that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.  That should be first and foremost. 

Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clu

Sounds like a good teaching tool, but not something to replace what God  can do in a life, in setting free someone  who believes they have a mental disorder.  Always believe above and beyond that we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength.  That should be first and foremost. 

I would invite you to walk in the shoes of someone who has a very serious mental illness for a while and then say that they are only imagining it.Christ knows that these people are sick and he may or may not heal them depending on what His will is for their life.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I have a really problem with social awkwardness. It has got better over the years, but I still have problems talking to people, some people even think I come across as rude and cold. The truth is I want to be out going, I feel like the real me is trapped inside, I feel my shyness is keeping me from being the man God wants me to be. I would like some advice to combat this problem thanks.

You may simply be more of an introvert rather than an extrovert.  That is fine but getting comfortable with yourself is likely your challenge.  Building self confidence can be done in various ways.  If simply because you are quiet others think you are rude and cold that is really their problem; but I have learned that most people really don't..in fact..they don't notice as much as you think they do. 

Practical suggest is to focus on the other person.  Ask questions..let them talk.  Listen. 

You say, "The truth is I want to be out going."..then ask yourself.."why" ...is it so important.  Everyone is unique and a lot of time can be taken up inward bent as we compare ourselves with others.

Keep seeking God.  Ask him to light the way one step at a time.  Trust in Him to bring changes inwardly and from that more ease and peace will come outwardly.  If you continue dissatisfied by your lack of social skills consider going to seek help from a good Christian counselor. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,332
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

Those who have Asperger's which is a autistic spectrum disorder have this problem as well.They can not relate socially.Do you think it is really "shyness"?

Interesting you said, that, I was thinking the same thing.  Ricky, I'm on the autism spectrum and can highly relate to what you said.  

Edited by gerbilgirl

Those who have Asperger's which is a autistic spectrum disorder have this problem as well.They can not relate socially.Do you think it is really "shyness"?

Interesting you said, that, I was thinking the same thing.  Ricky, I'm on the autism spectrum and can highly relate to what you said.  

People with asperger's syndrome have a horrible time communicating with others.They sometimes have a difficult time looking people in the face.They also struggle with a lot of anxiety.