IGNORED

help with getting rid of mental health records to follow jesus

Guest strawberrypoptart48

Guest strawberrypoptart48

ok so i really need help so for many years i was an atheist and lately i have come to believe that jesus really is real but it has been kind of difficult for people to accept my new change and one thing in my past really messes everything up!!! ok so i recently went to a convent its a cloistered convent and so i was accepted although i was never asked about my mental health so i didnt feel the need to disclose this information although i did give up willingly asthma information diabetes blood pressure and other illnesses which they asked well anyway i had no clue that they were going to ask for the suicide attempts in the past and medicines i had taken which i have only taken two one for anxiety and one for psychosis not  schizophrenia though but anyway how can i keep this information secret without lying but most of all without offending god hence not having to go to hell and more to be honest i have everything else and would really appreciate a life of silent contemplation which i cant get in this world i could easily prove that i no longer have mental illness since i was cured of it 2 years ago thanks to jc but do you think they will accept it?? and please no negativity since we are all working for the same GOD thank you blessing in jc 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.68
  • Days Won:  226

Welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Strawberry, 

Welcome to Worthy.  I can relate to what you are saying in many ways.  When I was saved, it produced drastic change in my life that was difficult for people to accept.  I had to use the mental health services for a while, because I was more of less orphaned by abuse and the death of a parent by the age of 18, so I was trying to figure out a new way of life all on my own.  I only used the services for a short period of time as the Lord led me away from a childhood of abuse, but it still followed me around for a while.  

However, it was one of the many ways that I found I could strongly connect to the testimony of the apostle Paul with.  So, I am of the opinion now, all these years later, that I have no reason to hide this part of my life and frequently will share this with other people when it seems appropriate in the hope that people will see the hope that Jesus can bring.  I don't know the outcome many times, but I refuse to feel that I have it hide it in order to appear Christian when being Christian means that I needed Christ for something, and I don't like playing favorites with what I can and cannot say He saved me from.  

He said, "And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners" (Mark 2:17).  

I don't know what type of place it is that you are trying to get into, but I think that if they are not willing to accept all of you, including the parts that you have been redeemed from; then you might need to try to find another place that will.  Within the body of Christ, there is no reason to hide anything.  We should all have the faith to accept the miracle of healing into our lives without questioning it with suspicion like the world would do.  There is no reason for you to have to keep this type of thing in the dark.  "for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light" (Ephesians 5:8).  See you round.  :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

ok so i really need help so for many years i was an atheist and lately i have come to believe that jesus really is real but it has been kind of difficult for people to accept my new change and one thing in my past really messes everything up!!! ok so i recently went to a convent its a cloistered convent and so i was accepted although i was never asked about my mental health so i didnt feel the need to disclose this information although i did give up willingly asthma information diabetes blood pressure and other illnesses which they asked well anyway i had no clue that they were going to ask for the suicide attempts in the past and medicines i had taken which i have only taken two one for anxiety and one for psychosis not  schizophrenia though but anyway how can i keep this information secret without lying but most of all without offending god hence not having to go to hell and more to be honest i have everything else and would really appreciate a life of silent contemplation which i cant get in this world i could easily prove that i no longer have mental illness since i was cured of it 2 years ago thanks to jc but do you think they will accept it?? and please no negativity since we are all working for the same GOD thank you blessing in jc 

Don't lie about it and don't hide it.  Trust God and have an honest heart to heart talk with those in charge.   They are trained in discernment so trust God to move hearts as He desires.  Do not start off with deception.  That falls into the plans of the enemy.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.16
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

It will always be on your record. My mom suffered from schizophrenia since I was 8 and many years later was set free. The records still remain though as my brother and I deal with it constantly while she's in the nursing home. She's never been happier but still the side effects from it all still remains.