SavedOnebyGrace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

The majority of Muslims around the world are peaceful. Islam isn't the cause of all we see happening and unfolding in the middle east and elsewhere, if it were, then the majority wouldn't be peaceful.

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Read the Qu'ran.  If a 'muslim' is peaceful, he/she is a muslim in name only.  Islam is spread by the sword and those who will not convert are to be killed.  Read it for yourself instead of depending on what you've heard.  If you can, please list any OTHER causes of strife and war in the M.E.

I have read it. And I have Muslim friends who are loving, etc. There are harsh parts of the OT, as well. Muslims interpret the Qur'an in different ways. Not all Christians interpret the Bible the same way. Many claim that there are parts of it written for a different time period. People are also fighting over money, land and oil...it's not all religion based. 

You have read the Qu'ran?  Which parts did you find that talked about love?  Or truth?  Or salvation?  Now please tell me which muslim countries are fighting for money, land or oil. 

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I know muslims killed by other muslims. I know iraqi Christians who are under threat from muslims. I know muslims who lived in war torn areas, who lived through wars, and its not war with Christians. I know muslims who are raising their kids to be human shields for terrorists. I know Christians in muslim majority countries who fear for their lives and have to watch themselves every moment for fear of being attacked because of anything they say or do. I know them first hand. Not stories Ive been told but real people who are known to me. Ive heard the hate, the desire to kill, the desire to take over from muslims directly. Even the most seemingly peaceful moderate muslim supports terrorism. They are commanded to be their imans. And they support the "charities" that fund terrorism. 

Amen, A.J.  That's a powerful witness for someone who believes there are 'peaceful' muslims. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

There are over 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. If the majority were violent and harming non-Muslims, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. Opinions are not facts. If you believe that the majority of all Muslims are violent, or would be violent if they had the chance, that is not fact. 

I know muslims killed by other muslims. I know iraqi Christians who are under threat from muslims. I know muslims who lived in war torn areas, who lived through wars, and its not war with Christians. I know muslims who are raising their kids to be human shields for terrorists. I know Christians in muslim majority countries who fear for their lives and have to watch themselves every moment for fear of being attacked because of anything they say or do. I know them first hand. Not stories Ive been told but real people who are known to me. Ive heard the hate, the desire to kill, the desire to take over from muslims directly. Even the most seemingly peaceful moderate muslim supports terrorism. They are commanded to be their imans. And they support the "charities" that fund terrorism. 

Yes, I've seen (through the news) what Muslim terrorists are doing to other Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. What happened on 9/11. This is not the majority, not by a long shot. Again, there are over 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. I'm not a Muslim apologist, but distorting reality doesn't help anyone. 

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

The majority of Muslims around the world are peaceful. Islam isn't the cause of all we see happening and unfolding in the middle east and elsewhere, if it were, then the majority wouldn't be peaceful.

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Read the Qu'ran.  If a 'muslim' is peaceful, he/she is a muslim in name only.  Islam is spread by the sword and those who will not convert are to be killed.  Read it for yourself instead of depending on what you've heard.  If you can, please list any OTHER causes of strife and war in the M.E.

I have read it. And I have Muslim friends who are loving, etc. There are harsh parts of the OT, as well. Muslims interpret the Qur'an in different ways. Not all Christians interpret the Bible the same way. Many claim that there are parts of it written for a different time period. People are also fighting over money, land and oil...it's not all religion based. 

You have read the Qu'ran?  Which parts did you find that talked about love?  Or truth?  Or salvation?  Now please tell me which muslim countries are fighting for money, land or oil. 

There are portions of the Qu'ran that do not talk about Jihad otherwise they wouldn't convert so many people who get married, have families, live relatively normal lives as many people who believed in idolatrous systems have done for centuries.  The problem with the Qu'ran is that it can be changed for newer teachings that supersede older teachings.  In other words, when Muhammad was alive and was writing the end of the Qu'ran, the honeymoon was over.  No more Mr. Nice prophet.  But, many people may not take this change seriously.  Only He knows.    

""None of our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar--Knowest thou not that Allah hath power over all things?....Would you question your Apostle as Moses was questioned of old?" (Suras 16:101 and 2:106,108).

So, this is one way of making comparison and demonstrating the benefit that God's word does not change if there was an opportunity to evangelize someone who was Muslim.  Because it allows changes to their text that are user dependent.  

This is not to say that some Muslims are not the same as some members of Joel Osteen's congregation.  I am sure they would call themselves Christian.  I would not call them otherwise if they confessed that He is Lord (Romans 10:9).  But, Joel Osteen is a motivational speaker that does not teach a Biblical message.  So, people in his audience are not growing in their understanding of spiritual things.  I think the same is true for some Muslims.  There are some that are like Easter service only Christians or people who read Joel Osteen's books rather than the Bible.   

Then, there are the more zealous ones who know the Qu'ran changed for the better...which is a very weird thing to depend on, in my opinion.  Nevertheless, they may be like Goliath in size in the world today.  But, Goliath was only a uncircumcised Philistine.  

"For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?” (1 Samuel 17:26).  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

There are over 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. If the majority were violent and harming non-Muslims, we wouldn't be discussing this right now. Opinions are not facts. If you believe that the majority of all Muslims are violent, or would be violent if they had the chance, that is not fact. 

No. The fact is that the majority of Muslims believe that the Koran is the Word of God, and that Mohammad supersedes Christ.  Since the Koran clearly teaches Jihad (Holy War) against all infidels (particularly Christian and Jews) the majority of Muslims cannot and will not oppose Radical Islam.  Indeed they will quietly support it while professing to be peaceful and harmless,  Furthermore, the Koran clearly teaches Muslims to deceive non-Muslims, if necessary, in order to promote Jihad and Islamist goals.

No. The fact is that the majority of Muslims believe that the Koran is the Word of God, and that Mohammad supersedes Christ.  Since the Koran clearly teaches Jihad (Holy War) against all infidels (particularly Christian and Jews) the majority of Muslims cannot and will not oppose Radical Islam.  Indeed they will quietly support it while professing to be peaceful and harmless,  Furthermore, the Koran clearly teaches Muslims to deceive non-Muslims, if necessary, in order to promote Jihad and Islamist goals.

So what is your point? That we should all live our lives disliking a certain group of the population? Being suspicious of every Muslim we meet? If you wish to live like that, you may. But, I don't feel as a Christian, called to do this. What I do feel called to do is move out of the way so that Jesus shines through me to others. So, that I can proclaim His message of hope. If you wish to help people explore a path to Jesus, there is a far better way, than bashing Islam. 

Edited by *Deidre*

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

“Abducting Women” and “Destroying Churches” is “Real Islam”—Iraqi Ayatollah

This is the title of an article on the Human Events news website.  The author, Raymond Ibrahim, expresses himself better than I can paraphrase.  So I'll turn over this topic to him and maybe a slightly larger audience can be reached.

The Real Islam

There is no peaceful co-existence with people of this mindset.  We are fools if we think we can coexist.

Islam declared Jihad on the West and particularly on the USA when Ayatollah Khomeini identified America as "the Great Satan" (November 1979) and procalimed "Death to America". All the Radical Islamists have followed his lead and engaged in terrorism worldwide.  Terrorism targets innocent civilians, women, and children to generate terror in the hearts of non-Muslims. Yet the western governments have failed to take Jihad seriously.  They took the Nazi threat seriously enough, but none of them has the backbone and the honesty to properly deal with these evil and demonically controlled people who claim to be waging "holy" war by the unholiest possible means.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Yes, I've seen (through the news) what Muslim terrorists are doing to other Muslims, Christians, Jews, etc. What happened on 9/11. This is not the majority, not by a long shot. Again, there are over 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide. I'm not a Muslim apologist, but distorting reality doesn't help anyone. 

Nobody is distorting reality. Let's say for example that only one per cent of Muslims are violent jihadis - that's still fifteen million people spread all over the Globe that want to kill us.

During World War 2 the majority of Germans were peaceful but they did nothing to stop the Nazis who represented their government .

During World War 2 the majority of Japanese were peaceful but they did nothing to stop their leaders starting a war.

Peaceful Muslims are scared of the radical Muslims and if a war started between Muslims and non-Muslims, most of the peaceful Muslims would be bullied into siding with the violent ones.

Throughout history Islam has tried to conquer Christendom and Western civilisation. It was Muslim terror in the Middle East that triggered off the crusades. The Muslims made numerous unprovoked attacks against Constantinople and in 1453 they finally conquered it, they then invaded Eastern Europe and for centuries the Balkans and Greece were enslaved under Muslim rule. They also made numerous attacks against Rome but were stopped. In 1683 they attacked Vienna but were stopped because we fought back.

They actually conquered Spain for a while and in the 8th Century AD they managed to get as far as the South of France before being stopped by Charles Martel.

All of the attacks were unprovoked!

Muslims are told by their scriptures to conquer the World and that their destiny is to one day rule the entire Globe and force everybody to live under Sharia Law.

Guest shiloh357

You don't have to be violent in order to be non-peaceful.   Many "peaceful" Muslims finance and support terrorism.  They may not pick up a gun or bomb belt, but they provide the money, food, clothing, equipment, shelter, encouragement, opportunity and inspiration for those willing to do the killing.