IGNORED

How do you react when married people flirt with you?

*Deidre*

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  521
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

How do you feel when someone who is married...flirts with/hits on you? (online or offline)

If a married person hits on you, how do you react? I used to think such things were harmless, but I've seen a few friends of mine lose their marriages over 'harmless' flirtations that turned into full blown affairs before long. People think that affairs start overnight, but they start with flirtations, etc. I've never been married, but thought I'd pose the question here. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

I have had a lot of experience with that and I ignore the advances.You have to be kind of sorry for these married men because they are lost in their marriage.

Edited by bopeep1909

I have had a lot of experience with that and I ignore the advances.You have to be kind of sorry for these married men because they are lost in their marriage.

I agree. It's definitely sad to me when I see it happening. It happens a lot online because it's very easy to think nothing will come of it. But, I've read of marriages who ended over 'emotional affairs' of married people who met online. 

Actually it is quite common.I have not had a problem on Christian websites as much as a job location.

Actually it is quite common.I have not had a problem on Christian websites as much as a job location.

That's an interesting point. I haven't seen it much on Christian sites, either. It's not to say it never goes on, but seems much less, but on non religious sites it goes on, and I've known a few posters who have had affairs and it all started because they thought their 'innocent banter' was...innocent. I'm often accused of being a prude, because our culture promotes being as sexual as possible out in the open so the whole world sees it. I don't judge how others live their lives, but I think sexuality is a private thing, and with someone you trust and love. That's just my opinion. Thanks for your thoughts, yes, it's definitely common in the workplace. :(

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

That's an interesting point. I haven't seen it much on Christian sites, either. It's not to say it never goes on, but seems much less, but on non religious sites it goes on, and I've known a few posters who have had affairs and it all started because they thought their 'innocent banter' was...innocent. I'm often accused of being a prude, because our culture promotes being as sexual as possible out in the open so the whole world sees it. I don't judge how others live their lives, but I think sexuality is a private thing, and with someone you trust and love. That's just my opinion. Thanks for your thoughts, yes, it's definitely common in the workplace. :(

I think most women who work have been hit on by married men.  I certainly have.  I just  make sure the welcome mat isnt out; no response to flirting, no smiles, no anything.  I also make sure I'm never alone with a guy like that.  Men are hit on by married women too, btw.  Either way, it's a recipe for disaster and adultery is a sin.  I've never been hit on on any website though. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,166
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am so glad The Lord has determined to cease sexuality!  It has been such a devils playground !

There are actually people who go to a Christian site to find a Christian girlfriend/boyfriend.People can have an affair online.It usually leads to more.

Edited by bopeep1909

I think most women who work have been hit on by married men.  I certainly have.  I just  make sure the welcome mat isnt out; no response to flirting, no smiles, no anything.  I also make sure I'm never alone with a guy that that.  Men are hit on by married women too, btw.  Either way, it's a recipe for disaster and adultery is a sin.  I've never been hit on on any website though. 

There was a guy who was married that I could have had fired on the spot.As it turned out I didn't have to do that.And remember you can be hit on as a woman by another woman on a job.

Edited by bopeep1909

I am so glad The Lord has determined to cease sexuality!  It has been such a devils playground !

I agree enoob.God took me off the market a long time ago.I am very much at peace where I am.