IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

6 minutes ago, inchrist said:

shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace?

..........for sin is the transgression of the Towrah

Does Christ command you to sin?

Then please explain:

whosoever teaches men to break even one of the LEAST of these commandments shall be called LEAST in the Kingdom.

Where did Christ command we are not to obey God's commandments?

Having faith in Christ fulfills the law. I can eat a pork sandwich and still fulfill that law if I eat in faith of Jesus Christ. Noones saying or teaching to break the law. If you attempt to establish the law without Christ its so you can boast in works. You do greatly err.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

So, it's okay to judge Christians who eat pork.

You of course have free will and can do as you please - this was the case both pre-cross just as it is now post-cross.

Matt 7 (before the cross) Jesus said "judge not that you be not judged" -- this was not a statement by Christ saying it is ok to "take God's name in vain" or to "break the 4th commandment" or to eat rats. This is a pre-cross statement telling us that we are not supposed to judge others - just as the post-cross statement in Col 2. No change pre-cross or post-cross in that regard.

3 minutes ago, inchrist said:

How about I go kill and still fulfill the law???

Does that even sound like a contradiction....

Please provide me the biblical definition of sin....i want scripture please

good points of course.

1 John 5:2-3 says "this IS the Love of God - that we KEEP His Commandments". Claiming to break the commands found in God's Word as an "act of Love toward God" is illogical.

1 John 3:4 "sin IS transgression of the Law"

And notice that New Covenant "this IS the NEW Covenant I will make ... I will write My Law on their heart and mind" Jeremiah 31:31-33

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, inchrist said:

Yes we all known that, you dont seem to understand that Im actually addressing your faulty reasoning that Christ was giving a speach on morals using food.....

Christ was not teaching that, he was addressing doctrines which substituted God's commandments.

Which is preciously what you are doing substituing Gods commandments.....ironic actually

But, I didn't say that Jesus was "giving a speech on morals using food."  I never said that.  You are trying to refute an argument I never raised.

start here....whosoever teaches men to break even one of the LEAST of these commandments shall be called LEAST in the Kingdom.”

then please provide me scripture that actually states gentiles are not under the mosaic law....that we can pick and choose

No, you said that you had scriptures to prove the Gentiles are still under the Mosaic law.   So, prove it.  Provide the Scriptures you claim to have as proof of your claims. 

What does commonwealth mean ? Engrafting mean....does that mean one law of the other and another law for the other.... 

Australia is a Commonwealth of Great Britain.  Australians are not British, but they have special relationship to the Crown.  Being part of the Common Wealth of Israel doesn't mean that Gentile believers are Jews anymore than being part of the Common Wealth of Britain makes one British.

"Grafting"  is an agricultural term.   You graft a foreign branch into the root of whatever tree you want to be the host.   The wild or foreign branch will take its nourishment from the root.   But it is still a wild or foreign branch.  The molecular structure of the branch remains the same.  It bears the fruit of the tree because it takes its nourishment from the roots of that tree, but it remains what it is.   If it were grafted back into the tree it came from, it would bear the fruit of that tree.

Gentiles are Gentiles and being grafted into Israel doesn't make them Israelites or Jews.   They are Gentiles and participate in the blessings of the Kingdom as Gentiles because it is not a sin to be a Gentile.  God doesn't want to make the whole world "Israel."

How about I go kill and still fulfill the law???

Does that even sound like a contradiction....

Please provide me the biblical definition of sin....i want scripture please

Noone said anything about the ten commandments . the question was about dietary laws. You telling me you keep all 613 laws?

1john3:4

Whosoever commiteth sin transgresseth the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Edited by Absolem

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

31 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Questions:

Does refraining from eating pork make me any more righteous before God?

Is refraining from pork a fruit of the spirit?

If not, why all the beef concerning those who eat it?

(1) yes

(2) yes

(3) unrighteousness rules on earth

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

33 minutes ago, Absolem said:

Noone said anything about the ten commandments . the question was about dietary laws. You telling me you keep all 613 laws?

1john3:4

Whosoever commiteth sin transgresseth the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Jesus spoke even stricter -  "whoever with lust looks upon any woman has ALREADY committed adultery"....

and much much more....

48 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Questions:

Does refraining from eating pork make me any more righteous before God?

Is refraining from pork a fruit of the spirit?

If not, why all the beef concerning those who eat it?

Does honoring my parents "make me any more righteous before God"?

Does not eating diseased beef so as to protect the health of my body - "make me any more righteous before God?'

And what about drug abuse? does avoiding drug abuse to protect the health of my body - "make me any more righteous before God?"

Is obedience to the Word of God "a fruit of the Spirit"?

If not - why do we keep bringing up what scripture says on this subject?

1 John 5:2-3 "This IS the Love of God that we keep His Commandments"?

"ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16

Like the TV commercial -- "How many books in your Bible"?

Which apparently to Shiloh is not given to us....there for we break no law is his logic....I then must ask what law do we follow?

What is our law?

Christ states

man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of Elohiym.

The NT wasnt in print then, only “word” that he could have possibly been referring to was the TaNaKh (Law, Prophets & Psalm) 

But since we are being told that we are not obliged to follow the Law, then Christ must be a lair, and we can live by some of God's words and not all of it.

Acts15:20

20 But that we write unto them,that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood

In Leviticus 11, God calls unclean food an abomination.

8263 sheqets sheh’-kets from 8262; filth, i.e. (figuratively and specifically) an idolatrous object:--abominable(-tion); detestable thing.

God equates unclean meat to an idolatrous object.

It is an act of idolatry to eat unclean animals

Our law is the law of love. So I ate a bloody steak the other day. Does that make me an idolator?

Edited by Absolem

15 minutes ago, Absolem said:

Our law is the law of love. So I ate a bloody steak the other day. Does that make me an idolator?

There was a question about what requirements were clearly applicable to gentiles - in Acts 15. Of course the usual - like keep the Commandments of God etc - but then we have this...

Acts 15

19 Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood. 21 For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.”

Lev 17

14 “For as for the life of all flesh, its blood is identified with its life. Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, ‘You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.’

Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself"

Deut 6:5 "Love God with all your heart"