IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Just now, BobRyan said:

Not in real life. In real life no one has quoted me claiming to argue for the "Law over Jesus". I prefer real life.

False accusation alone - is not the same thing as a substantive claim in fact. I am sure we would both agree to this

in real life people are hurting. They need Jesus. Who cares about bats.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

11 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

So now that we have the why the Law could not be salvic in nature... we must look elsewhere right?Ā 

I was reading your post casually trying to see the point,Ā  maybe getting it, maybe not,Ā  and then this ?

I thought the TORAH,Ā  the Law of YHWH,Ā Ā  as part of or as the main purpose YHWH said for TORAH,

is that it leads people to Christ ......Ā  that YHWH said that's why HE gave us TORAH .....Ā Ā 

And elsewhere also,Ā  or maybe in the same texts of Scripture,Ā  that TORAH is LIGHT, and is enlightening, and pure, and good for the soul, etc etc ....Ā Ā  (not that TORAH can accomplish eternal life for anyone,Ā  but a lot of good and even leading people to Christ,Ā  is the purpose of TORAH,Ā  if my memory is not failing me.....) ....Ā Ā 

And where else would you look ? (separate question entirely)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, simplejeff said:

I was reading your post casually trying to see the point,Ā  maybe it, maybe not,Ā  and then this ?

I thought the TORAH,Ā  the Law of YHWH,Ā Ā  as part of or as the main purpose YHWH said for TORAH,

is that it leads people to Christ ......Ā  that YHWH said that's why HE gave us TORAH .....Ā Ā 

And elsewhere also,Ā  or maybe in the same texts of Scripture,Ā  that TORAH is LIGHT, and is enlightening, and pure, and good for the soul, etc etc ....Ā Ā  (not that TORAH can accomplish eternal life for anyone,Ā  but a lot of good and even leading people to Christ,Ā  is the purpose of TORAH,Ā  if my memory is not failing me.....) ....Ā Ā 

And where else would you look ? (separate question entirely)

That is exactly my point.... and Being Christ our Holiness why go back to the law for anything?

Just now, enoob57 said:

That is exactly my point.... and Being Christ our Holiness why go back to the law for anything?

To boast. Or avoid persecution for the cross of Christ.

4 minutes ago, Absolem said:

in real life people are hurting. They need Jesus. Who cares about bats.

In real life,Ā  whenever anyone came to Jesus, ever,Ā  and did what Jesus says to do,Ā  they were healed/ saved/ blessed/ a family member of theirs was healed,Ā  and so on.

And if they were dying from eating bats,Ā  or poison, or from committing any other sin (like idolatry, adultery, theft, etc)

and turned to Jesus, came to Jesus, and did what Jesus said to do,Ā  they were still healed/ forgiven/ saved ,Ā  right ?

In real life,Ā  whenever anyone came to Jesus, ever,Ā  and did what Jesus says to do,Ā  they were healed/ saved/ blessed/ a family member of theirs was healed,Ā  and so on.

And if they were dying from eating bats,Ā  or poison, or from committing any other sin (like idolatry, adultery, theft, etc)

and turned to Jesus, came to Jesus, and did what Jesus said to do,Ā  they were still healed/ forgiven/ saved ,Ā  right ?

Yeah but not everyone has this knowledge. Your crushing them with the law. All wisdom and knowledge is hid in Christ.

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

zooooomĀ Ā Ā  !!!Ā Ā Ā  Right over everything ..... out of nowhere ........Ā Ā  completely non sequitor (doesn't follow) .....

For most people Christ is not their Holiness, ever.Ā Ā Ā 

and who ever said to go back to the law ?Ā Ā  (we might have to cut this tangent short though,Ā  and go back a few posts to finish up finding the meaning of earlier posts (in the last 2 hours) ..... )

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,194
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think it is possible they do not understand the Law's purpose was fulfilled in Christ and now, for those born again, have a new Law written on the new heart... this new Law of the heart is Love and it directs us to a New Heaven and New Earth and we sojourn here while in mind and heart live being fitted for the new body for there... Ā 

1 minute ago, Absolem said:

Yeah but not everyone has this knowledge. Your crushing them with the law. All wisdom and knowledge is hid in Christ.

Earlier you bore false witness against another brother in Christ saying something like this (just a few posts back and pointed out by me and by him both).

Now you bear false witness against me without any warrant to ,Ā  with no reason to,Ā  except I think you feel backed into a corner by your own errors.... I don't know or care why, per se....Ā  bearing false witness is a judgable offense.

Earlier you bore false witness against another brother in Christ saying something like this (just a few posts back and pointed out by me and by him both).

Now you bear false witness against me without any warrant to ,Ā  with no reason to,Ā  except I think you feel backed into a corner by your own errors.... I don't know or care why, per se....Ā  bearing false witness is ajudgabloffense

When did I bare false witness?