IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

10 hours ago, BobRyan said:

In real life - God wrote Leviticus 11 - not me.

You have free will - you can ignore as much of scripture as you wish.

I don't eat bats lol. Do you eat shellfish or steak?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

5 hours ago, Absolem said:

I choose to obey the Word of God - is  your choice not to eat bats because Lev 11 forbids it? Or just your preference.

As for shellfish -- indeed Lev 11 also says that is not food for humans.

Steak? - On land the rule for animals in Lev 11 "divide the hoof, chew the cud"

9 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

I choose to obey the Word of God - is  your choice not to eat bats because Lev 11 forbids it? Or just your preference.

Yeah but your not supposed to eat blood so you can't eat rare steak. I can't believe you think keeping the law makes you righteous.

Guest shiloh357
11 hours ago, brakelite said:

There are going to be consequences to those who today have no self control in diet, or have no recognition of God's will and purpose in clearly stipulating what is good or not good for our bodies. We are living in the last days. I would strongly suggest that if one can be so deceived into believing he/she can eat anything (even though nowhere in scripture is it designated 'food'), without suffering any physical consequences, these are in even more danger of eating any 'spiritual food' without discernment and suffering eternal repercussions as a result. Physical weakness as a result of poor choices in diet affects our spiritual strength also, and last-day pressures in the spiritual realm demand we keep ourselves as physically well tuned as we can. Ignoring the Manufacturer's instructions is simply suicidal.

The dietary laws were not given for health purposes.

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

Interesting speculation.

Here is what the Word of God says about the idea of not eating diseased meat and rats (which you suppose for us - is not for health)

Ex 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."

7 hours ago, Absolem said:

I choose to obey the Word of God - is  your choice not to eat bats because Lev 11 forbids it? Or just your preference???

2 hours ago, Absolem said:

Yeah but your not supposed to eat blood so you can't eat rare steak. I can't believe you think keeping the law makes you righteous.

(I notice that you don't answer the questions)

Rebellion against God's Word does  not "make you righteous"

"Sin IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4

Why do you suppose that I would eat rare steak???? (You are now picking on a Lev 17 issue also affirmed in Acts 15 and gentiles reminded of it).

Question for you - Gentiles obligated to the Lev 17 food laws in Acts 15. So the question is - was Lev 17 written to "gentiles"? Or is Acts 15 yet another text that you feel is wrong or not valuable?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Not only that, no, unless/except considering perfect health, spiritual, soul, mental and body. ....

Remember the opposite: the devil (and all the pernicious society) seeks only to make sick/sicker/dead /destroyed.

Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, and is still accomplishing this when people turn to YHWH/ come to Jesus - but many many many (most) churches allow the deception to continue instead of seeking LIGHT / TRUTH - in fact opposing the LIGHT/ TRUTH when someone comes proclaiming the GOOD NEWS ....

Just a few excerpt references to start:

About 13,300,000 results

40 Healing Scriptures - Seattle Revival Center

www.seattlerevivalcenter.com/40-healing-scriptures.html - Cached - Similar
It takes time to develop our faith, so if you have a life or death situation where the doctors say if ... Obey God's Word and be healed. ... “And the LORD will take away from you all sickness, and will afflict you with none of the terrible ... heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.

Deuteronomy 28 - Blessings for Obedience - If you fully - Bible ...

Blessings for Obedience - If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow ... 61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not ...

Exodus 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God ...

biblehub.com/exodus/15-26.htm - Cached - Similar
He said, "If you will diligently obey the LORD your God, and do what is right in .... "The LORD will remove from you all sickness; and He will not put on you any of ...

Guest shiloh357
49 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

Interesting speculation.

Here is what the Word of God says about the idea of not eating diseased meat and rats (which you suppose for us - is not for health)

Ex 15:26 He said, "If you listen carefully to the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you."

Actually that verse has nothing to do with eating anything.  And it refers to Israel's disobedience as a nation.   In that passage, the diseases don't come from what you eat, but are supernaturally impose by God regardless what command Israel disobeys.

I am not speculating.  There is nothing in the Bible that connects the dietary laws to health.

Guest shiloh357
4 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Remember the opposite: the devil (and all the pernicious society) seeks only to make sick/sicker/dead /destroyed.

No, the Bible says in John 10 that Satan comes to steal, to kill and destroy, but that Jesus came to give us abundant life.   There is no promise in Scripture that we will have perfect health, no matter how obedient we are.

1 hour ago, BobRyan said:

I choose to obey the Word of God - is  your choice not to eat bats because Lev 11 forbids it? Or just your preference???

(I notice that you don't answer the questions)

Rebellion against God's Word does  not "make you righteous"

"Sin IS transgression of the LAW" 1 John 3:4

Why do you suppose that I would eat rare steak???? (You are now picking on a Lev 17 issue also affirmed in Acts 15 and gentiles reminded of it).

Question for you - Gentiles obligated to the Lev 17 food laws in Acts 15. So the question is - was Lev 17 written to "gentiles"? Or is Acts 15 yet another text that you feel is wrong or not valuable?

Acts 15:20 was to remove offensive practices. My only objection to your theology would be thinking that you can become righteous by keeping the law.