IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

5 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Paul equated the Old Covenant to a taskmaster for school age children, and the New Covenant to the fullness of God's revelation for adults.

Just as a young child is not allowed to cross a street by themselves, but an adult is, so were the Jewish people not allowed to eat port, etc but we as christians are.

Does this make sense?

no it doesn't, because it does not anywhere say you can eat pork, so , no that is false, this is in response to thereselittleflower,

now anyone else reading this, I am not trying to place this as you need to do this, my conviction , of my reading and understanding God has brought me to this point where I believe we are not to eat unclean animals, but I do not want anyone think that I am telling them , but what I have learned on my own, and its my view, and my opinion, and my conclusion , of this issue, everyone else go ahead and continue and do what ever you please, and what ever suits you,

I do not want anyone to say, I have violated any covenant or what is called under grace , and no law, so this is all about my view , only, and everyone has to work out there salvation there way, thank you , and blessings to everyone.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 11:10 AM, Ezra said:

To get back on topic, Yahweh's Law today is "Be thankful and eat pork, or bacon, or ham" (1 Tim 4:3-5).  But if you want to be a vegetarian, that's fine too. The one who eats pork need not judge the one who does not, and vice versa.

Ezra, can you justify this, by what God is saying in Isaiah 66,v 15-17 ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

10 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

it does not anywhere say you can eat pork, so , no that is false

but it does. in more than one place. here's maybe the most clear: 

Are you so dull? he asked. Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 
For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.

(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)
(Mark 7:18-19) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Ezra, can you justify this, by what God is saying in Isaiah 66,v 15-17 ?

Isaiah 66:6-24 is a prophecy concerning the Second Coming of Christ to destroy His enemies (v 15) and to establish Israel on earth (vv 12,20,22). During the Millennium, the Levitical priesthood will be revived (v 21) and the new moons and sabbaths will be restored (v 23).  In that context, and at that time, the dietary laws for Israel will also be in effect (v 17). 

It is difficult for us to grasp the reasons for this revival of the practices under the Torah, but when you study Ezekiel, you will find that there will be a Temple in Jerusalem, and Israel will function as redeemed and restored Israel.

Since we are in the Church Age, the dietary restrictions do not apply (other than as stated in Acts 15). But after the Millennium begins, Israel will function as Israel should have done had they fully obeyed the Law of Moses.

39 minutes ago, post said:

but it does. in more than one place. here's maybe the most clear: 

Are you so dull? he asked. Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 
For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.

(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)
(Mark 7:18-19) 

do you really think it is that simple, and not coming with a lesson to be learned, it is a showing about the words and heart s men that are evil and wicked, that defiles a man, this is to show as a example, but it is not talking about foods , or pork, for if you go to the customs of that time, pork was prohibited, and so that was a given , there was no question, we today all read the bible and see it through the American , christianese version , and not from the past, I am saying this is just like  Acts 10, when everyone is talking the justification of  eating unclean animals, when it is a story to show as a example something else, it was never justified, and never approved by the lord Himself to take back anything that was placed on the people, I will say it again as I did in other posts,

the misunderstanding here, is that , we have thrown away , the laws and instructions of God him self, and covered it all with Grace, when it is not valid, not scriptural at all to think God has gone back on His word and said its bad for them ,but since you be a gentile its okay today , no God forbids this false thinking and evil,

the Grace that covers us right now that it did not before is to cover the law , of Sin and death only , not dietary, not the commandments , and not anything in the world , that God has said , that was evil is now good,

if that be so , then what good is the power of God and the words of scripture, we have watered it down, and pulled it every which way to justify it , and to make a compromise to have it removed , and so we can have our cake and eat it too, this Gods statues , never change, nor does God change on anything He fore told , or warned, for what you reap is what you will sow,

so no this is not saying you can eat everything, ITS STATING ABOUT THE HEART AND WORDS , THAT COME FROM THE HEART IS WHAT DEFILES YOU , making a point , by using a example, but never taking away  a jot or tittle, Gods word stands ,forever , and we cannot take a way or add to it,

6 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

do you really think it is that simple, and not coming with a lesson to be learned, it is a showing about the words and heart s men that are evil and wicked, that defiles a man, this is to show as a example, but it is not talking about foods , or pork, for if you go to the customs of that time, pork was prohibited, and so that was a given , there was no question

Mark seems to have thought it was "that simple" and that it was talking at least in part about food -- and Mark certainly understood the customs of the time.

In saying this Jesus declared all foods clean.
(Mark 7:19) 

but if it bothers your conscience, it's sin for you ((re:
Romans 14:23)). i've got no qualm with you adhering to dietary law; it's just misrepresenting the scripture, or teaching dietary law as an ordinance for Gentiles who have come to Christ that i would correct. 

Edited by post

39 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Isaiah 66:6-24 is a prophecy concerning the Second Coming of Christ to destroy His enemies (v 15) and to establish Israel on earth (vv 12,20,22). During the Millennium, the Levitical priesthood will be revived (v 21) and the new moons and sabbaths will be restored (v 23).  In that context, and at that time, the dietary laws for Israel will also be in effect (v 17). 

It is difficult for us to grasp the reasons for this revival of the practices under the Torah, but when you study Ezekiel, you will find that there will be a Temple in Jerusalem, and Israel will function as redeemed and restored Israel.

Since we are in the Church Age, the dietary restrictions do not apply (other than as stated in Acts 15). But after the Millennium begins, Israel will function as Israel should have done had they fully obeyed the Law of Moses.

that is not making sense, if you have laws, ,then there is laws, if we do not follow the laws , then they have been done away with , but we cannot have it before , and not now in the church age and then again at the end ? this is not correct at all, and makes it to be optional , and we will use it if we need it and put it away when we don't,

so I will say this, to get a clear understanding, does  Isaiah 66, v 15-17 show that God is furious about this picture given to us, and if it is , and God will come and get back at someone like this for disobeying Him, then we can say with no problem, that the dietary law was never done away with ,?

for why would something covered by Grace be a abomination to God now, didn't He say everything is Clean, this needs careful thought, for scripture interprets scripture,

and I will stand on this  , for now I am sure and convinced that I am right , but, this is my opinion, for those that want to think I am pushing my views,on something that they don't agree with ,  I have made my case,  blessings Ezra,

14 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

Isaiah 66, v 15-17

. . .

this needs careful thought, for scripture interprets scripture

i think if you would understand Isaiah 66:15-17 correctly, reading about God's enemies described as eating pigs flesh, you should not omit to read Isaiah 66:3

He who slaughters an ox is like one who kills a man;
    he who sacrifices a lamb, like one who breaks a dog's neck;
he who presents a grain offering, like one who offers pig's blood;
    he who makes a memorial offering of frankincense, like one who blesses an idol.
These have chosen their own ways,
    and their soul delights in their abominations

now, an ox and a lamb and a grain offering are certainly not 'non kosher' are they? 
aye, amen! let scripture interpret scripture. 

Edited by post

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, SINNERSAVED said:

no it doesn't, because it does not anywhere say you can eat pork, so , no that is false, this is in response to thereselittleflower,

now anyone else reading this, I am not trying to place this as you need to do this, my conviction , of my reading and understanding God has brought me to this point where I believe we are not to eat unclean animals, but I do not want anyone think that I am telling them , but what I have learned on my own, and its my view, and my opinion, and my conclusion , of this issue, everyone else go ahead and continue and do what ever you please, and what ever suits you,

I do not want anyone to say, I have violated any covenant or what is called under grace , and no law, so this is all about my view , only, and everyone has to work out there salvation there way, thank you , and blessings to everyone.

Do you let a young child drive a car?

The law says a child can't drive a car.

But when the child is old enough, then the child is no longer under that law. He can drive the car.

29 minutes ago, post said:

Mark seems to have thought it was "that simple" and that it was talking at least in part about food -- and Mark certainly understood the customs of the time.

In saying this Jesus declared all foods clean.
(Mark 7:19) 

but if it bothers your conscience, it's sin for you ((re:
Romans 14:23)). i've got no qualm with you adhering to dietary law; it's just misrepresenting the scripture, or teaching dietary law as an ordinance for Gentiles who have come to Christ that i would correct. 

this is what you believe scripture tells you , in your time and understanding, but it is different for me, in my time and understanding, but we are both allowed to have our differences, but , please do not say I misunderstand or interpret this wrong, for you cannot judge this , for it is not for you to judge, as I said it is my view , that I will not force on others, but it is a side of a view, that is still open for debate if you wish. and for every action there is a reaction, simple, but blessings to you,