IGNORED

Pope: Fundamentalism, a disease of all religions

OakWood

Guest shiloh357
54 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I'm sorry, but it is plain to me you aren't understanding his words.  When they are stripped of their proper context then of course they will be misunderstood.

I can read just fine and I read the entire quote.   It's pretty clear.   I can see why you would want to defend the stupidity of your anti-Christ leader, though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

45 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I'm sorry, but it is plain to me you aren't understanding his words.  When they are stripped of their proper context then of course they will be misunderstood.

I don't know about anybody else but I myself am not attacking Catholicism. Previous Popes knew the dangers of Islam, they even crusaded against it at one point, nay... several times.

The Bible tells us that Churches will fall. The RCC is not immune from this anymore than Protestant Churches are. Francis is an anti-Pope. Catholics need to wake up.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

6 hours ago, Davida said:

Being a Journalist & Writer now a days, would qualify you to work in George Orwell's "Ministry of Truth". 

The fact that some of us cannot help BUT, to see the bare Facts as they are....

Well, the bare facts are that I rewrite news for Worthy ministries.

So are you saying that Worthy News is "Orwellian," or that George should "fire" me?

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Oakwood, if this was a "mistake" if was quite deliberate. What the Pope did in this speech is what Obama and his supporters are doing in America -- shifting the focus of the public from the Holy War of Radical Islam to Christian fundamentalists and "violent extremists" (which could mean just about anyone who has a gun, except blacks and Muslims)....

The Pope didn't say "evangelical fundamentalists," so I'm not sure if he was referring to the Westborough Baptists, or the so-called Christian Identity groups that stand for racial purity and White supremacism.

When the Pope referred to extremists within his own church, I don't know if he meant to the so-called "gay lobby" in Vatican City, or anyone who thinks that if the Mass isn't in Latin, it doesn't count. 

That's the problem when reporters quote Francis' off the cuff remarks, which are later "explained" by the Vatican curia.

2 hours ago, OakWood said:

I don't know about anybody else but I myself am not attacking Catholicism. Previous Popes knew the dangers of Islam, they even crusaded against it at one point, nay... several times.

The Bible tells us that Churches will fall. The RCC is not immune from this anymore than Protestant Churches are. Francis is an anti-Pope. Catholics need to wake up.

Actually an antipope is "A person claiming to be or elected pope in opposition to the one chosen by church law, as during a schism." At one time in church history there were three clerics all claiming to be the Bishop or Rome, therefore two of them had to be "antipopes".

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

9 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

I can read just fine and I read the entire quote.   It's pretty clear.   I can see why you would want to defend the stupidity of your anti-Christ leader, though.

Then you would have picked up that the context isn't "absolute truth" in regards to God's truth, but rather in regards to people thinking they know everything, especially about other people, and engage in behavior that is the opposite of christian charity - including calumny, spreading disinformation, doing evil. 

• “Fundamentalism is a sickness that is in all religions,” said the Pontiff. “We Catholics have some — and not some, many — who believe they possess the absolute truth and go ahead dirtying the other with calumny, with disinformation, and doing evil. They do evil. I say this because it is my Church.”

One of the 10 Commandments is "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor."

When people think they know everything, when they think they have the absolute truth on another person - for example when they judge a person worthy of hell, when they judge a person who claims Christ as their savior not saved - this is what the Pope is talking about.

This very behavior is being engaged in in this forum and even this thread.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

“We Catholics have some — and not some, many — who believe they possess the absolute truth and go ahead dirtying the other with calumny, with disinformation, and doing evil. 

But isn't this exactly what the RCC did with Protestants ever since the Reformation?

1. The Vatican believes that is possesses the absolute truth about Christianity -- ex cathedra pronouncements are infallible.

2. The RCC has called the Reformers all kinds of vile names.

3. The Jesuits have spread disinformation about evangelical Christians for ages.

4. The Holy Roman Empire did much evil under the popes.

All of this is historically recorded.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

May God bless us all in His Wisdom. May His grace and mercy be poured out to each of us, that our cups overflow. In the name of Jesus, amen.

2 hours ago, Ezra said:

But isn't this exactly what the RCC did with Protestants ever since the Reformation?

1. The Vatican believes that is possesses the absolute truth about Christianity -- ex cathedra pronouncements are infallible.

2. The RCC has called the Reformers all kinds of vile names.

3. The Jesuits have spread disinformation about evangelical Christians for ages.

4. The Holy Roman Empire did much evil under the popes.

All of this is historically recorded.

Actually,  in the war of words in the Reformation, it was the Protestants who excelled at this.  

2 hours ago, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

May God bless us all in His Wisdom. May His grace and mercy be poured out to each of us, that our cups overflow. In the name of Jesus, amen.

Amen.

There is way too much negativity on this forum, especially given it is christmas.