IGNORED

If I Give Something Important to God, how do I know he will take care of it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

My wife and I are Christians and have been having challenges with intimacy.  This has been so since before our marriage.  I have decided to give this to God as it is hurting our marriage.  I have told her so.  How do I know God will help us to resolve it if I take no additional action but pray?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

Hear

Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD. Proverbs 18:22

The Word Of The LORD

Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.
Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
 Proverbs 5:18-19

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Welcome to Worthy ,

When we pray , we are talking to God , he is already aware of our situation and all its ramifications .

You have asked our Lord to help you in this area of your life , listen to him , he may ask you to do things , change things , speak to a professional . Prayer is like all conversations its a two way thing , he will answer you , maybe through the Bible , maybe through a friend or an article or " a still , small voice " .

IF it's God s will , you will get the help you asked for . I'll be praying for you and your wife ( she might be a good place to start ) 

God bless you dear .

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  210
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

First off you don't give God anything but your sin. He gives it all to you including your wife. If you think God will drop the ball and not come through for you he won't. You have little to no faith. Prayer is the only action really required. Anything not of faith is sin. It's all or nothing with God it's either you put all your trust in God or none of it! 

Edited by manuelf324

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 12/5/2015, 4:47:41, BlueEyes022 said:

My wife and I are Christians and have been having challenges with intimacy.  This has been so since before our marriage.  I have decided to give this to God as it is hurting our marriage.  I have told her so.  How do I know God will help us to resolve it if I take no additional action but pray?

I think for me it has worked to pray for what I can do to make things better....      the times I have asked Him to fix my wife, it always comes back to me doing something to make things ok....      We are commanded to love our wives.....    not so the other way.     So do you know what the problem is, ask yourself what can I do to help it myself.   It's been my experience that things get fixed faster that way for God doesn't have to work to get me to do what I should have done all along.

If you are speaking of more than sex (I certainly hope so if it was there before you were married) there is a chance that she has been abused, and that really does take the hand of God to fix.

I would think God could fix the problem wherever it lies, but the question is would you be listening for Him to tell you what to do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

in general, we know God will take care of things we lay at His feet, because we trust Him. 
that doesn't mean you should not take any more action yourself - we know He feeds us, but it's also in the book, that the one who does not work, does not eat. 

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
(1 Peter 5:7) 

Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you
(Psalm 55:22)