Joe Christian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings to all. I want to get feedback on what people are feeling about certain people that use their children for the money lotto when it's tax refund time. You see, I cannot have children, so naturally this hits home for me. For instance, my wife has co-workers that are not too great with thier kids (as far as showing them how much they love them at least of what we've seen ) but, when tax time is here....WooooHoooo!!!! Time to get that big screen t.v. or that motor for the bass boat, or that new________. What about the kids? Don't they deserve something? I have a problem with those parents seeing their children as some sort of jackpot when it's time for taxes. Now, I know that some spend that money for paying on bills and such and household neccessities, no problem with that at all. Anyone you know that is getting a windfall, and they say someting like getting that big t.v. or whatever, encourage them to do something with some of it for their kids, like a savings bond or start a savings account for them. Please help others to understand that children are precious and that they are blessed to have them. I so often hear when I tell people I cannot have children, "You want mine?" I cry inside. They are a gift of God. If only they knew how it hurts to be told you will never any, they would most likely never say it again. :emot-questioned:

Hmmm...nearly 24 hours and no responses. How interesting. Wonder if I hit a nerve starting this thread?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I somtimes wonder if Christians remember that their duty as parents are to demonstrate God's love and discipline...children belong to the Lord, not to us, they are merely on loan to us from the Lord, thus we must take care of this "loan".

I am one of those people who do receive eic due to being a single working parent.. The first and foremost thing I did was tithe. I then paid off some bills and gave my daughter $350.00 of which she also tithed. This money is important to us as I could never otherwise even dream of giving her that much money at once. She spent it very wisely I might add. I also put almost $1000.00 into savings. I am not about to spend every dime simply because I have it to spend. God has been so good to me and I have been blessed beyond, beyond.. I so wanted to go to the gap and buy this down jacket I have dreamed of having but I know now is not the time.. I really do not need it and we have had an awfully mild winter here in Northern California.. I think the point I am trying to make is that when a person is living in the Lord then they should be more cautious and not take the blessings of the Lord for granted.. You failed to mention if these people are indeed living in the Lord. and if not then perhaps prayers are in order...In His love and service, Jina

Good point, Jina. Well, those I mentioned are just recently asking questions of my wife about God, being saved, church, etc. She has been witnessing to them. Thank you for the reply. That is wonderful! We tithe on our tax refund also. S.J., thanks for your response too. I was just wondering how many others notice this type of thing. You are right, children are a responsiblity given to parents, and are to be the first and foremost in the parents minds. Thanks again for the responses. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Just a side note here...its the TIME you spend with your children that really counts...not the MONEY you spend on them. Of course it can be expensive to raise a child...but its all worth it.

Joe has adoption or fostering a child ever crossed you and your wifes mind? You don't have to answer...I'm just curious is all.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Yes. My first wife and I tried to adopt a child. $5,000.00 and about eight months later, (three days after we were called from the delivery room and heard our daughter Brenna cry over the phone) the birth mother refused to sign the final adoption paperwork. This is why I cringe when people mention this. (I understand the sentiment behind this, don't get me wrong) I can't go through with this again. I am sterile, God chose to not give me children of my own to raise, I can handle that now. What hurts me is others taking their kids for granted, secular parents as well as Christians. But God gave me a special nephew and neice that I love dearly, and my nephew is named after me. My step brother did this for me, and I am thankful to him for that. Yes, I agree about the time you spend is important. My issue is people don't spend time with them or complain about the lack of sleep the parent gets, the complaining of picking them up..blah..blah..blah... but when it's time for taxes, it's Cha Ching! and I've heard this... "If I hadn't had kids...I wouldn't get hardly anything back at all." I've heard supposed Christian say things like this. How uappreciative they are of the precious ones they were given charge of. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

Thanks Joe...and I'm sorry for the hurt that the adoption process caused you. It would also make me shy away from that option too.

I also understand your frustration when you hear people talk like that around tax time. I do too. I makes me cringe.

You derserve a child, God has a way of dropping a blessing in your lap when you least expect it....sometimes we can't even see it coming. Either way the Lords will be done. :emot-handshake:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Thanks, Angel....I appreciate it. :emot-handshake:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

well I didn't post here for i figured my thoughts would not be welcomed.

When my kids were at home and I asked them what they wanted to do with the money they asked for a big screen tv and a larger boat so they could invite friends to fish and skie, and such as these.

Don't play the lottery and such but we did spend on things for us all.

When I left home, I took nothing but the clothes on my back and the car that I had purchased with my own money. Quickly learned how to take care of myself. In times of need dad did loan me cash for a while but expected it paid back with no interest. I love my dad and appreciate him teaching me to be my own provider. We didn't have much growing up, but we did eat well and stay dry and warm. I have taught my kids the same and at least one of the two has learned well.

se