IGNORED

I Am A Chrstian; I have a Firearm

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, archaeologist55 said:

I agree BUT then you need to determine which biblical instruction guides the believer in the latter.

A person who breaks into your home to do you and your family harm and to steal your stuff to get drug money isn't persecuting you for your faith in Jesus.   He is criminal and you need to use any means to defend your family and that would include a firearm.

It doesn't take much to know the difference between being persecuted and being a victim of criminal activity.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

A person who breaks into your home to do you and your family harm and to steal your stuff to get drug money isn't persecuting you for your faith in Jesus.   He is criminal and you need to use any means to defend your family and that would include a firearm.

It doesn't take much to know the difference between being persecuted and being a victim of criminal activity.

If he is there to steal, let him steal, he may not harm the family if he gets what he wants. It is also a judgment call and your judgmental attitude is coming through with the words 'he is a criminal'. He is also a creation of God who followed the wrong words, can you shoot a creation of God (we all know you can shoot a criminal)

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, archaeologist55 said:

You would have to back that up with actual scripture.  So you will ignore biblical teaching to do what you want...hmmm. I am not saying you cannot take a life in self-defense, I am trying to temper your attitudes. You sound as if you would enjoy killing someone. What did Jesus say to Peter when the latter cut off the man's ear-- if my kingdom was of this world my servants would fight John 18:36

I don't want to kill anyone at all.  I hope I never have to draw my weapon in self-defense.  But I will, if I have to.     There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits self defense.  I don't have to back that up because I don't have to prove a negative.   YOU need to show that the Bible prohibits using deadly force in defense against a criminal attack.   If you can't, my statement stands as true.

Here is a question:

Instead of using a gun, why not use spiritual warfare on the intruder?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, archaeologist55 said:

If he is there to steal, let him steal, he may not harm the family if he gets what he wants. It is also a judgment call and your judgmental attitude is coming through with the words 'he is a criminal'. He is also a creation of God who followed the wrong words, can you shoot a creation of God (we all know you can shoot a criminal)

The problem is, in the heat of the moment you don't have time to ascertain his full intent.  You have to assume the worst about his intentions.   You have a matter of seconds to react in an emergency and you don't have time to ask him what he intends to do and then stand their and calculate your response.

I am not being judgmental when I say he is a criminal.   If he breaks into your home, he is a criminal.    Yes, I can shoot and even kill a creation of God when he breaks into my home and has evil intentions against me.

I am glad I am not a family member in your home depending on your protection.   You are failure in that area.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I don't want to kill anyone at all.  I hope I never have to draw my weapon in self-defense.  But I will, if I have to.     There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits self defense.  I don't have to back that up because I don't have to prove a negative.   YOU need to show that the Bible prohibits using deadly force in defense against a criminal attack.   If you can't, my statement stands as true.

But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

You have condemned and put to death the righteous man; he does not resist you.

But according to your logic you have to rove a positive, so where are the biblical instructions that grant you to kill in self-defense?

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, archaeologist55 said:

Here is a question:

Yeah, stand there and just quote Bible verses and rebuke the devil while your wife is on the floor being raped???    That's your response to such things???  If that's your response, you are a lousy husband.

3 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The problem is, in the heat of the moment you don't have time to ascertain his full intent.  You have to assume the worst about his intentions.   You have a matter of seconds to react in an emergency and you don't have time to ask him what he intends to do and then stand their and calculate your response.

I am not being judgmental when I say he is a criminal.   If he breaks into your home, he is a criminal.    Yes, I can shoot and even kill a creation of God when he breaks into my home and has evil intentions against me.

I am glad I am not a family member in your home depending on your protection.   You are failure in that area.

While I agree with your first sentence, I have trouble with the second and will ignore the very last two.

The middle sentences are troubling but you have to account for those feelings not me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 minutes ago, archaeologist55 said:

Here is a question:

becasue of free will....   Goodness if people could just speak spiritual warfare, bad things would not happen to good people...

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yeah, stand there and just quote Bible verses and rebuke the devil while your wife is on the floor being raped???    That's your response to such things???  If that's your response, you are a lousy husband.

I am betting you do not understand spiritual warfare and the power of God