IGNORED

I Am A Chrstian; I have a Firearm

Guest shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
Just now, archaeologist55 said:
But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

You have condemned and put to death the righteous man; he does not resist you.

There is a little thing called "context."   And you are mixing contexts.  

Matt. 5:39 isn't talking about how respond to a person who is raping your wife or killing your children. Jesus was correcting a rabbinical excess concerning "eye for an eye" and "tooth for a tooth."    Jesus was speaking against taking revenge.  He was not talking about self defense.

James is speaking of Jesus' response under persecution.  He is not saying that we are not resist those who seek to do us harm.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, other one said:

becasue of free will....   Goodness if people could just speak spiritual warfare, bad things would not happen to good people...

And emotions and fear, the list for not using spiritual warfare is long and understandable. How many stories do we have of the disciples being mugged or their women raped? Yes they were imprisoned but that is different than a criminal act  being done unto you

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, archaeologist55 said:

While I agree with your first sentence, I have trouble with the second and will ignore the very last two.

The middle sentences are troubling but you have to account for those feelings not me.

So someone who breaks into your home should not be regarded as a criminal??? Seriously???

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

There is a little thing called "context."   And you are mixing contexts.  

Matt. 5:39 isn't talking about how respond to a person who is raping your wife or killing your children. Jesus was correcting a rabbinical excess concerning "eye for an eye" and "tooth for a tooth."    Jesus was speaking against taking revenge.  He was not talking about self defense.

James is speaking of Jesus' response under persecution.  He is not saying that we are not resist those who seek to do us harm.

Let's see, evil people, do not resist seems he was talking about any evil act.

If you do not like my examples please provide those biblical verses that support your position on self-defense and killing. I would like to read them

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I know the difference between faith and presumption.   I know the difference between commonsense and spiritual quackery which is what you are espousing.   You don't deserve a family.   I feel sorry for them that they have no protector in you.  You have abdicated an important role as the head of home.

Okay you went too far, I am done.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, archaeologist55 said:

Let's see, evil people, do not resist seems he was talking about any evil act.

If you do no tlik emy examples please rovide those biblical verses that support your position on self-defense and killing. I would like to read them

No, you are ignoring the context and allow your warped theology to drive your interpretation.   Jesus was not talking about self defense, but was correcting a rabbinical misinterpretation of "eye for an eye."      The word resist in that context is about taking vengeance against an evil person.   It is not talking not resisting a person who is bring violent evil into your home.

I guess you are anti-military, as well.   Did we do the wrong thing by resisting Adolf Hitler and the third reich?   Were are boys in WWII violating Scripture?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

I can t either.  We are discussing general principles. There is no sin in protecting oneself and one s loved ones from harm and danger. If it means eliminating a predator then that s what it means. If you were threatened by a wild animal or a rabid dog, the same principle would apply. If criminals attempt a home invasion and you can disable them, more power to you. By now someone should have come up with powerful tranqulizer bullets. 

There are non lethal means, several, from stun guns, to pepper spray to even various non lethal loads. One of the old school ways is a 12 gauge loaded with Rock salt (still lethal at extreme close ranges) and bean bags, but theres newer style rounds such as rubber bullets and the like. The only question is though, and most self defense people will tell you this, if your using non lethal rounds, have lethal ones as a backup....non lethal rounds wont always stop someone especially if theyre high up on drugs. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

There is a huge difference between suffering for the sake of the Gospel and being endangered by someone on drugs, alcohol, demon-possession, or commitment to Jihad.

Isn't each day a day for the gospel regardless of who comes across our path?

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, archaeologist55 said:

Okay you went too far, I am done.

Yes, but in an emergency situation when you have to make spit second decisions, you are likely not going to be pulling out a Bible and start quoting verses when your life and your family's lives are in danger.  

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Isn't each day a day for the gospel regardless of who comes across our path?

Yes, but in an emergency situation, when you have to make split second decisions, it is unlikely you will be able to pull out a Bible and preach while your life and your family's lives are in danger.