MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I'm sure most of you have seen this before.  I just like to revisit it every once in a while. 

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a234/1282186/

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

people are more concern with presents and parties, and material stuff, on television, there shows nothing with jesus and all the sales , nothing with Jesus , I don't see Jesus in this  at all, ? I am just stating what I am seeing, and ,they keep Jesus as a baby , and not a almighty God that is about to come back to a rebellious world, filled with terrorist , killing and hate , how can you be excited about Christmas,? I am not being rude, I just don't see how the world is in the condition it is , and every one in the states are celebrating like there is no evil or , storm  coming?

sorry , MG. I just don't get it?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

22 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

people are more concern with presents and parties, and material stuff, on television, there shows nothing with jesus and all the sales , nothing with Jesus , I don't see Jesus in this  at all, ? I am just stating what I am seeing, and ,they keep Jesus as a baby , and not a almighty God that is about to come back to a rebellious world, filled with terrorist , killing and hate , how can you be excited about Christmas,? I am not being rude, I just don't see how the world is in the condition it is , and every one in the states are celebrating like there is no evil or , storm  coming?

sorry , MG. I just don't get it?

While people do get caught up in presents and parties, as well as time off work, in my experience, as much as the world attempts to reinterpret Christmas, many people are aware that Christmas is about Jesus. Because of that awareness, people tend to be more willing to listen to the stories about Jesus and the gospel.

The basic truth that people need to hear about Jesus, when they do not believe is Who Jesus is and What He did. Until they know that, God coming sometime in the future to a rebellious world means little without the story of salvation.

I personally do not celebrate Christmas, but I do make use of the holiday to speak about Jesus as people are more likely to listen. I like that Christianity makes a big deal about Christmas, to keep Jesus more front and center. I like that people hear Christmas carols, especially those about God and Jesus. There is enough of the world trying to bury the story of Jesus, but they face a losing battle at Christmas time. There is enough about terrorism, killing and hate all of the rest of the days of the year, but at Christmas time, hope is the center theme.  

36 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

While people do get caught up in presents and parties, as well as time off work, in my experience, as much as the world attempts to reinterpret Christmas, many people are aware that Christmas is about Jesus. Because of that awareness, people tend to be more willing to listen to the stories about Jesus and the gospel.

The basic truth that people need to hear about Jesus, when they do not believe is Who Jesus is and What He did. Until they know that, God coming sometime in the future to a rebellious world means little without the story of salvation.

I personally do not celebrate Christmas, but I do make use of the holiday to speak about Jesus as people are more likely to listen. I like that Christianity makes a big deal about Christmas, to keep Jesus more front and center. I like that people hear Christmas carols, especially those about God and Jesus. There is enough of the world trying to bury the story of Jesus, but they face a losing battle at Christmas time. There is enough about terrorism, killing and hate all of the rest of the days of the year, but at Christmas time, hope is the center theme.  

I hear you.

but if my people that are called by my name will humble them selves in the sight of the lord, we would be , still marching forward , not caring about if people are more exceptable to the word of God, one day a year.

we should  be already telling people ,before and after Christmas and all through the year, and setting examples by our own lives and how we carry our selves in what we believe, to wait until that one time a year , is not acceptable, to me,

all year long I have been talking and sharing jesus , and yes, I have lost friends and people don't want to hear it , but if they hear the word, and it catches that one person  God is drawing in on,

then , we have accomplished what we are set out to do , to witness, to share , to show as living examples, and to stand firm in the word of God,

I know that more may be acceptable to the story of Jesus , but this does not make up at all for , the rebellion and those that don't want to hear it and continue to live with out God, I think out way those then the ones willing to hear?

I think the churches , have come to justifying and compromising , of a tradition that , is more damaging , then good, and will not stop the stone from rolling, it will continue to pick up more and more secular celebrations and conform with the world until there is no light left in the church,

now this is my opinion, for we have lost sight of the true and living God, and you will hear in the churches the same old story of the baby jesus , but this is not of the gospel, of having faith , and believing , or about salvation now , or time is running out, your soul is in the balance , there is no message to turn your life around, it s watered down , and to make people feel good and loving, this has gone beyond the compromise of trying to show Jesus in a world , that don't want anything to do with Him,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

20 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

on television, there shows nothing with jesus

You should have watched A Charlie Brown Christmas . . .  :D

18 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

I hear you.

but if my people that are called by my name will humble them selves in the sight of the lord, we would be , still marching forward , not caring about if people are more exceptable to the word of God, one day a year.

we should  be already telling people ,before and after Christmas and all through the year, and setting examples by our own lives and how we carry our selves in what we believe, to wait until that one time a year , is not acceptable, to me,

all year long I have been talking and sharing jesus , and yes, I have lost friends and people don't want to hear it , but if they hear the word, and it catches that one person  God is drawing in on,

then , we have accomplished what we are set out to do , to witness, to share , to show as living examples, and to stand firm in the word of God,

I know that more may be acceptable to the story of Jesus , but this does not make up at all for , the rebellion and those that don't want to hear it and continue to live with out God, I think out way those then the ones willing to hear?

I think the churches , have come to justifying and compromising , of a tradition that , is more damaging , then good, and will not stop the stone from rolling, it will continue to pick up more and more secular celebrations and conform with the world until there is no light left in the church,

now this is my opinion, for we have lost sight of the true and living God, and you will hear in the churches the same old story of the baby jesus , but this is not of the gospel, of having faith , and believing , or about salvation now , or time is running out, your soul is in the balance , there is no message to turn your life around, it s watered down , and to make people feel good and loving, this has gone beyond the compromise of trying to show Jesus in a world , that don't want anything to do with Him,

I don't believe that anyone in here is suggesting that we only talk about the Gospel of Christ once a year.  Also, just because THE WORLD has commercialized Christmas and done their best to make it a secular holiday does not mean that we as Christians have to as well.  We are not of the world, and for me and my wife, Christmas to us is about the birth of the living savior.

And what do you mean by "the same old story of baby Jesus"?  I don't even have a comment for that.  On Easter do you talk about "that same old resurrection story"?  It's bad enough that we have to deal with the secular world minimizing Christmas, but now we have to hear it from other Christians as well.  I understand the frustration over the commercialization of it - completely understand - but we as Christians don't have to be a part of that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Humm.  The is an old hymn, Just tell me the old, old story.  I love to hear it time and time again because it is the story of God's love for an undeserving world.  It always amazes me that He would love us who are covered with the filth of the world.  This story of God being born in a stable because there was no room for Him elsewhere amazes me each year.  He revealed Himself to the outcasts of the world who were unfit to enter the Temple.  And gentiles visited Him.

Yes, Jesus would have looked like a Middle Easterner.  Perhaps like a member of Isis.  But there would be a big difference.  There would be not hatred or evil in His eyes or on His face.  It would not be twisted or sneering.  It would be full of love and compassion for the emptiness of men's hearts.  He would see beneath the tinsel and lighted trees, the lighted houses and "merry Christmas" or Happy Holidays on the cards.  He would overlook the Santa Clauses and yule logs and empty traditions. He would see men searching for the meaning of Christmas.  He would weep over the hardness of hearts of those who keep on rejecting its true meaning. 

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes on adheres to or trusts Him will not perish, but receive everlasting life.  

The thing that grieves me most are the endless stories on TV of some kid or reindeer that "saved" Christmas, and the stories that Santa keeps a list of who is naughty or nice.  These just are more deception that hide the truth of God's love.  Those old "smile, God loves you" signs did more to share the truth of Christmas than all the myths old and new.  It may be trite, but truth never grows old.

3 hours ago, JP1 said:

I don't believe that anyone in here is suggesting that we only talk about the Gospel of Christ once a year.  Also, just because THE WORLD has commercialized Christmas and done their best to make it a secular holiday does not mean that we as Christians have to as well.  We are not of the world, and for me and my wife, Christmas to us is about the birth of the living savior.

And what do you mean by "the same old story of baby Jesus"?  I don't even have a comment for that.  On Easter do you talk about "that same old resurrection story"?  It's bad enough that we have to deal with the secular world minimizing Christmas, but now we have to hear it from other Christians as well.  I understand the frustration over the commercialization of it - completely understand - but we as Christians don't have to be a part of that.

I am about Jesus , and when you say I have minimized it from a Christian view point, no sir, I have brought to you a fact of the condition that the world is in today, you want to keep your christmas you keep your Christmas,. my point that I am stating is of the guy on the corner holding the sign , Jesus coming soon   please repent,, the televisions the news , the whole world talks about Christmas, but it is not about the real Jesus in the manger ? its about stuffing socks and cars , and what they are going to get, we are all guilty of following what we want to still stand up as about Jesus , no ,it is not , we all see the commercialized and greedy world of things,

if Jesus was here ,do you think he would honor what we ,call Christmas , and  we would say yes lord, this is about you

no with all of our energy to overlook ,the truth of what it is now , this is a shameful sight, Jesus would not appove of this , but this is my opinion, and if I am bringing the happy holidays down,

so be it, I am talking about that child that came and was murdered, for false accusations , and paid a price, that if we are so into the child, we need to be about, the turning of the sins , and the denying of the self ,taking up the cross, narrow is the way to hell and destruction,  and only a few will find it , but broad and wide, is the way of the world and many, many go this way ,

I believe we are not being strong enough to stand for righteousness,  as believers, we need to be in opposition of the world ,

not with the world and not of the world , don't you see what I am saying,

many have told me this is about the Kids and presents, ? what, really, is this what we are teaching our Kids ?

we need to stop the spending and going ,and shopping ,and read our bibles ,and share with others ,

for most also say this is the chance to talk about Jesus , how many of you go to parties and celebrate Christmas , and talk about Jesus and if we do not repent ,we will go to hell, please be honest, this is not happening , because we give up that opportune time, also , we don't want to be freaks  and bring down the holidays, for the world is celebrating , and we are following with them,

do we know what the ,called out one 's are ?

I love people and  I want everyone to be happy , but saved, this becomes a compromise,

and this is the truth , this is my part , I am not angry ,I am saying this with love, we are at the doors , we do not know what tomorrow brings, but we need to be prepared, and ready , or we will be the foolish virgins, knocking at the doors ,and unable to enter in,

forgive me if I come on strong or heartless, this is not my intent, are we living the life Jesus told us too ?

are we following what the bible is telling us ?

You didn't answer any of my questions, and instead went on a rant about how the WORLD views Christmas, which I acknowledged - and completely ignored my point about how Christians . . . oh, never mind.  God bless you.

• Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/17/2015 at 11:29 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

I hear you.

I also believe in witnessing all year, but if there is a time of year when people are more receptive to hearing the gospel, I believe I would be wrong to continue as normal, but instead, I increase my efforts to reach more at a time when people are more willing to hear.

I do not view Christmas as rebellion. I do not see it as a comprimise. I do see it as a comprimise to abandon Christmas and let the world have it. It would be letting the world win by making Christmas secular. Christmas is a Christian holiday. It is a tradition, but it is a Christian holiday. It teaches of the birth of a special person who maji came to worship. A special person born of a virgin. It teaches that this special person is God incarnate. So, it teaches scripture. I do not like manger scenes as that I believe is a violation of the law concerning graven images. The law against graven images is repeated multiple times in the NT. So, if I were to make one change about Christmas, I would tell churches to get rid of manger scenes.