• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Time is a dimension.  I do not believe God is limited by the dimensions He created.  If you created a physical hollow sphere.  Do you know what's going on inside the sphere without going into the sphere or opening it up?  You are on the outside of the sphere.  You are not bound by the sphere, but let's say you can enter and leave the sphere at will.  Now substitute time for sphere.  You are not bound by time because You (God) created time.  With respect to God's sovereignty, God knows the beginning and the end.  That's why His prophets spoke truth when preaching to Israel.  All He has inspired people to preach or write down will come to pass.  We may not understand His prophecies completely until after they have ocurred.  God is not bound by a dimension He created.  God is sovereign.  Limiting God in time lessens His sovereignty, in my opinion.

Hi there. Do you have evidence that God created time? Or any scriptural basis? I see time as just a unit of measurement. Like distance. Are you saying that time does not pass where God is? That everything is at a standstill?

As for God being sovereign, I take it to mean he is supreme and his will is always done and nobody can thwart his plans. I don’t see why he needs to live outside time for that to be the true. It unnecessarily complicates things. In what way would God be limited by living IN time? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

20 minutes ago, ghtan said:

Hi there. Do you have evidence that God created time? Or any scriptural basis?

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (Gen 1:14-19)

23 minutes ago, ghtan said:

As for God being sovereign, I take it to mean he is supreme and his will is always done and nobody can thwart his plans. I don’t see why he needs to live outside time for that to be the true. It unnecessarily complicates things. In what way would God be limited by living IN time? 

Since God is eternal time does not affect Him.  At the same time He recognizes that it affects men. So essentially He is "outside" time, since all things (past, present, future) are known to Him.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day. (Gen 1:14-19)

That only shows God DIVIDED time into days, years, etc. for us. It does not mean God CREATED time.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

Since God is eternal time does not affect Him.  At the same time He recognizes that it affects men. So essentially He is "outside" time, since all things (past, present, future) are known to Him.

Since God is eternal, time would not affect him even if he lives in time. And knowing the past, present and future does not require God to be outside time. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  4,056
  • Content Per Day:  15.02

12 hours ago, ghtan said:

Hi there. Do you have evidence that God created time? Or any scriptural basis? I see time as just a unit of measurement. Like distance. Are you saying that time does not pass where God is? That everything is at a standstill?

What I've repeated said is time is a dimension, and God is not bound by the dimensions He creates.

10 hours ago, ghtan said:

That only shows God DIVIDED time into days, years, etc. for us. It does not mean God CREATED time.

Dividing time is "creating" time. You will note that each day of creation is defined by "evening and morning". Therefore God was measuring time from day one of creation. Time is simply a measurement, not an abstract or concrete principle.

3 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Dividing time is "creating" time. You will note that each day of creation is defined by "evening and morning". Therefore God was measuring time from day one of creation. Time is simply a measurement, not an abstract or concrete principle.

Yes.  God was measuring time from Day One of the restoration of creation.  Time is a measurement, not an abstract principle.

1 minute ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Yes.  God was measuring time from Day One of the restoration of creation.  Time is a measurement, not an abstract principle.

You really mean that something went wrong with the "original" creation (the creation before the creation) therefore there was a "restoration of creation"?  There is such a theory out there, but nothing solid to support it, only myths and legends.

Just now, Ezra said:

You really mean that something went wrong with the "original" creation (the creation before the creation) therefore there was a "restoration of creation"?  There is such a theory out there, but nothing solid to support it, only myths and legends.

We've been discussing this on four different threads that I'm aware of.  Maybe you should post your comment there instead of derailing this thread.  My response was only to correct portions of your response that are not biblical.