• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

15 hours ago, lifeszero said:

Are you praying for me? Because I feel something.

Should I pray for you too?

We can pray now,

"Dear Lord in Heaven, bless us in a way that only You can, to overcome our setbacks, to make us of practical value to those we come into contact with. Thank You for the privilege of watching You answer prayer, even though we don't see the results immediately, thank You for Your concerns for every human being, which great love is so unappreciated and unknown, You are most welcome, because we need the presence of Jesus Christ to have anything decent in our lives. And thank You for taking interest in us, even when we are oblivious to You. Bless You Lord forever. Amen"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

19 hours ago, lifeszero said:

I guess smoking helps with panic, there must be a way the Spirit can deal with that.

Like everything in your life give your smoking addiction to God.Ask that His will be done in this incidence that is between you and God.See where He leads you. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/03/1973

6 hours ago, bopeep1909 said:

Like everything in your life give your smoking addiction to God.Ask that His will be done in this incidence that is between you and God.See where He leads you. 

I think I have to, I mean what other option do I have. Alright, you have convinced me I am going to the chemist now to get some nicotine gum (I've been looking that up since I posted this thread)

I got one more reply then I'm going, I think it's time now.

3 hours ago, Davida said:

...no damage that you are aware of at present. :)  But ,if you have been given grace , with your health,  maybe now is the time that you should quit, before it catches up with you.   The Bible tells us that our body is not our own it is the HOLY SPIRIT's.  I am gratefully an Ex: Smoker and I am very happy about that accomplishment!   I decided that I did not want to be a slave to anything and so I quit. It was horrendously difficult but God gave me the strength and willpower to succeed!

The Body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit
1Corinthians6:20…19Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? 20For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.

That verse was posted before, it's enough to make a move on this.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 1/15/2016 at 1:33 AM, lifeszero said:

I can't work out if smoking cigarettes is sinful, can someone help me get around the perpetuation of mans wacky inventions.

I smoked for around 20 years, even stopped every now and again - once for about 2 years but always went back to it for one reason or another. I couldn't stop on my own, and I knew it. I was a slave to cigs and a few other substances . . . therefore they had to go. When something has such a hold on you that you are unable to leave it alone, that's a problem, especially for a believer. I can't really say that smoking is sinful, but I have noticed in my own life and in others' that the Lord tends to lead believers away from smoking. I have never known a truly godly older brother or sister in Christ who still smoked. (By that I mean the older folks in the Lord, and in the local church.) All of them have been lead away from smoking and other habits as they grew closer to the Lord.

I was blessed in that the Lord took away the desire for drugs and alcohol fairly quickly after I was born again. Smoking . . . took years. I don't remember how long I prayed for deliverance, but it did come in time. Stay in prayer and in the Word and don't stop asking for freedom from nicotine also.

Edited by walla299

Nicotine gum is very cheap compared to cigarettes. $25 Australian dollars for 100 tabs, each 4mg of nicotine (It tastes hot and disgusting, but who cares)

I wonder if I can smoke the gum, how would that work out.

LOL

Edited by lifeszero

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

6 minutes ago, lifeszero said:

Nicotine gum is very cheap compared to cigarettes. $25 Australian dollars for 100 tabs, each 4mg of nicotine (It tastes hot and disgusting, but who cares)

LOL

My guess: It probably wouldn't taste any better burnt! :laugh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

9 minutes ago, lifeszero said:

(It tastes hot and disgusting, but who cares)

That's intentional. The whole idea is to get you disgusted.:o

Give it a try and get everything gummed up.  Then opt for gummy bears.:rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, Davida said:

Sorry , I didn't see the verse was posted before - :rolleyes: so much for my speed reading skills!!  But maybe it was Providence.

My method that helped me was that I viewed my craving for a smoke as if it was external to my soul,  something trying to force me to do something that was against my will  & harmful to my health & well-being (as indeed it was)  I found that strategy to be helpful to me , rather than identifying with the addiction. It was more like a tormentor to me,  who was trying to keep me hooked.  I summoned up my will, & treated it as an external bully that was trying to force it's will upon me and so I was able to defeat it that way rather then to keep thinking that I was "depriving" myself.  I really hope you are able to come to the same place that I did and get rid of this oppressive spirit of addiction. Your mind will be clearer and your body will be your own again!

My body is always open for Jesus, but I hope he doesn't mind if I take the wheel when I'm (You know, stuff)

No not that stuff the other stuff, girlfriend stuff.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Get a juicer, carrot and cellery is a good base and settles the acidity in your stomach that not smoking causes. The cravings have more to do with the body adjusted to being a smoker than nicotene.

Adding and apple or two a little pinapple half a lemon makes it taste pretty good. 8 oz in the morning and sip on some everytime you struggle. Really works. 

If you start a good habit for the body it makes it a little easier to not trash it. There's more to what smoking does as a habit than just the nicotene, nicotene is just an excuse and the easy part to get over. 

My worse cigarete was the one right before bed, drove me nuts. Habit more than anything else. I could go all day with no problem but lay in bed craving. I just went through the same thing with ice cream last year. Getting out of bed and going to the store so I could have a bowl. We are really stupid people. God be with you.