• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

1 hour ago, opportunitykenny said:

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CLOSING YOUR EYES WHILE CROSSING A BUSY ROAD? WHAT DO YOU READ AND GAIN ABOUT WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS OF MATTEW 25:1-12? WHAT READEST THOU? WERE THEY EXONORATED (EXONERATED) OF THEIR FOOLISHNESS? COULD THEY GO WITH THE BRIDEGROOM AS FOOLISH VIRGINS?

PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER AGAIN WHAT BECOME OF FOOLISH VIRGINS WHO DID FOOLISH THINGS.

per your first 'statement' - which as you can see, i agree with - 'attending church service' is not the only place to get oil for your lamp, or to keep your wick trimmed. 
in these things, in fact, we depend on the Lord - as in all things - and His mercy, not our own works. now, it's a very good place to get oil - but not being seen often at the oil store does not mean that you have none, as we both agree. 

if you could say, "this man is not saved; God will not have mercy on him, because he does not meet with us on sundays" -- then salvation would be a matter of works. but we know it is not. 
do you remember, how Elijah thought that he alone stood up against Ahab & Jezebel and the prophets of Baal? but God revealed to him, that He had 7,000 in the land reserved, that Elijah knew nothing about? well, those people never regularly met with Elijah for worship, and Elijah never saw them at the temple. but the scripture reveals that God still considered them separated to Himself. i cannot presume to judge my brother's relationship with his Lord on the basis of whether i see him weekly or not. i can encourage him, rightly so, to come and have fellowship with me - but i can't condemn him for not doing so. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, opportunitykenny said:

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT CLOSING YOUR EYES WHILE CROSSING A BUSY ROAD? WHAT DO YOU READ AND GAIN ABOUT WISE AND FOOLISH VIRGINS OF MATTEW 25:1-12? WHAT READEST THOU? WERE THEY EXONORATED (EXONERATED) OF THEIR FOOLISHNESS? COULD THEY GO WITH THE BRIDEGROOM AS FOOLISH VIRGINS?

PLEASE READ AND CONSIDER AGAIN WHAT BECOME OF FOOLISH VIRGINS WHO DID FOOLISH THINGS.

Please stop the all capitals thing; it's very distracting.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,712
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Block printing from a hood :24: 
1_242.jpg
A little foggy in the purpose of all this :noidea: 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/16/1980

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 11:23 PM, post said:

per your first 'statement' - which as you can see, i agree with - 'attending church service' is not the only place to get oil for your lamp, or to keep your wick trimmed. 
in these things, in fact, we depend on the Lord - as in all things - and His mercy, not our own works. now, it's a very good place to get oil - but not being seen often at the oil store does not mean that you have none, as we both agree. 

if you could say, "this man is not saved; God will not have mercy on him, because he does not meet with us on sundays" -- then salvation would be a matter of works. but we know it is not. 
do you remember, how Elijah thought that he alone stood up against Ahab & Jezebel and the prophets of Baal? but God revealed to him, that He had 7,000 in the land reserved, that Elijah knew nothing about? well, those people never regularly met with Elijah for worship, and Elijah never saw them at the temple. but the scripture reveals that God still considered them separated to Himself. i cannot presume to judge my brother's relationship with his Lord on the basis of whether i see him weekly or not. i can encourage him, rightly so, to come and have fellowship with me - but i can't condemn him for not doing so. 

If God says in His word that you should not forsake (abandon, quit, etc) something, I beleive an obedient child will comply. This is not a matter of work or no work, it is a matter of God telling you in His word of the right thing to do. It is not that somebody is judging or condemning you but that somebody is calling your attention to the pure word of God and that we are reminding ourselves of His word. Assembling together is a duty because God has commanded it. It is necessary for carrying out the Lord's work, essential for the Spiritual health of believers. If God's word delares it, what is that thing making us to turn away from it. We are soldiers for Christ. Have you seen a good soldier who tarries at home, does things alone always and who will not be with other faithful members in the camp or where they choose to gather? Is it not that birds of a feather flock together? Why not christians especially when it is clearly declared in His word. Why are you a christian who does not feel comfortable with assembling together with other faithful christians? Let us pray that His will be done. God bless you.

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 11:53 PM, MorningGlory said:

Please stop the all capitals thing; it's very distracting.

Really? it is okay.

On Saturday, January 30, 2016 at 0:10 AM, enoob57 said:

Block printing from a hood :24: 
1_242.jpg
A little foggy in the purpose of all this :noidea: 

Meaning? Not clear please

• Group:  Diamond Member

58 minutes ago, opportunitykenny said:

Why are you a christian who does not feel comfortable with assembling together with other faithful christians?

why do you make that assumption, just because i refuse to condemn as heathen someone who doesn't regularly attend a traditional organized weekly assembly? 

especially as here i am, assembled together at this moment with other believers on this forum? 

you have no idea what my weekly life, and regular habits are like. what if i informed you that i regularly meet at least 6 times a week with other believers, to pray, to praise, to serve, and to study the scripture? 
and what if 4 out of those 6 times, i meet with some brothers and sisters who rarely if ever appear in a traditional sunday-morning 'church' service? next week, would you like me to condemn them for you, in your absence? 

once or twice a week i meet with a disabled man with severe psychological disorders that prevent him from being able to operate sanely in groups of more than 6 or 8 people. so he doesn't come to 'the sunday morning big show.' 

what should i tell him this wed. night, when we get together to talk some more about the book of Romans? 
that he's a hell-doomed unbeliever because .. because why? 

i have a close friend & brother in Christ who is in prison in solitary confinement 23 out of every 24 hours. through correspondence school he's earning a divinity degree, and we write back and forth regularly to talk about life and what God is doing for both of us. 
i am sending him another letter tomorrow - shall i tell him that he's not a Christian since he doesn't go to church on sundays? 

ugh. 

the mother of one of my friends & sister in Christ at my local church body is in her mid 90's and can't travel out of her house because of health problems in her knees. 
is she an unbeliever? not a christian? because she doesn't come to sunday-night sing?