fulfilled feasts

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

I'm going to share my personal testimony about the feasts. I am 53 years old and have walked by the grace of God for 40 years since I called on the Lord at the age of 13, I have studied fervently, prayed without ceasing, and have served as a teacher of a women's class in my Baptist church on "prayers that avail much". 45 years in the body i never knew Jesus' connection to the feasts at his first coming. One day a hebrew, baptist brother said. Friday crucifixion is just bad math it does not add up to 3 days and 3 nights, It was before the annual sabbath not the weekly sabbath. I argued with Him out of ignorance so he gave me the daily observances of the pass over feast. As I studied each one against the scriptures, I cried and bauled like a baby because I saw the beauty of what the Lord did in everything Israel said and did during the passover feast. Not just in what the priest did but in everything the people do.  It is a prophetic witness to every single thing our Lord did His last days here on earth. Then I studied Pentecost feast and understood all that was done through the sharing of the Holy Spirit with Man. When I studied the fall feasts I realised they contained everything the Lord told us would happen and He will accomplished is evident in everything thing said and done by the priests and by the people in the observance of the fall feasts. With that said if you have not read how Israel observes each day of the feasts and what prayers they say and what days are sabbaths and what they do.  I invite you to open your eyes and look toward Israel and see how they have rehearsed Gods prophetic Appointed times for thousand of years. Study to show yourselves approved. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,117
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

14 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

look toward Israel and see how they have rehearsed Gods prophetic Appointed times

Amen.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

That doesn't say to learn the traditions of the pharisees.  It says to obey them, to do what they say to do because of their position of authority  - this is speaking of actions, works.  He was speaking of their position of AUTHORITY and because they sat in the position of the Authority of Moses, they were to be obeyed.

I can see where you get the logical connection between the two, but it's not because Jesus was a Pharisee, but because of their authority in Israel.

I base his association with the sect of the Pharisees on what He believed and taught.  The Pharisees were distinctive in their beliefs over other sects of Judaism, as I explained.  Such as belief in the resurrection, the return of the Messiah, angels, Hell, and various traditions such as a blessing before the meal.

Yes, they had the position of authority and that authority was to teach and interpret Torah.  He ascribed to their halachic authority.  This was specifically how to keep and walk in Torah.  Jesus, however, did have some criticism to some of the Pharisees when there was a weight to their requirements.  In particular, some of the Pharisees were hypocritical and did not themselves keep their own requirements.  Some translations used traditions for this type of Pharisaic requirements.

The point being, in addition to what He taught and believed, He would not have encouraged adherence to the Pharisees interpretation had He been of a different sect. 

12 minutes ago, WilliamL said:

And of course, by Christian teaching, you mean Catholic teaching.

Matt. 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

According to Paul in Hebrews, Jesus has yet to fulfill all of the duties that were acted-out in the mikraw/rehearsal of Lev. 16's Day of Atonement. For why indeed would he fulfill some of the duties as they are written, but not all of them?

I'll leave this question for you all to consider, not just Therese.

The law is more than the law of Moses, it teaches more than the law of Moses.

But as for the covenant given by Moses this is what is prophesied.

Deut 31:16  And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
17  Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?
18  And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.
19  Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.
20  For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
21  And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.
22 ¶  Moses therefore wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel.

This is what is prophesied concerning the king they choose

De 28:36  The LORD shall bring thee, and thy king which thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone.
37  And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all nations whither the LORD shall lead thee.
38  Thou shalt carry much seed out into the field, and shalt gather but little in; for the locust shall consume it.
39  Thou shalt plant vineyards, and dress them, but shalt neither drink of the wine, nor gather the grapes; for the worms shall eat them.

consider this.

Ga 3:15  Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.

So many attempt to make prophecy speak of this covenant. It does not. No prophet spoke against Moses here. This is why Paul taught the law brings wrath. Even before they entered the land it was prophesied that they would never prosper under this covenant. Their king would not save them but go down with them.

Then look at John the Baptist.

Mt 11:13  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

what did John preach?

Mt 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Ro 4:15  Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Ro 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

It simply is not the covenant God builds his kingdom upon

2 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

You bring up a good point.

Never did the pharisees claim Jesus as one of their own.

Pharisees were very careful to only personally associate with their Sect.  Several Pharisees sought out Jesus to have an audience with Him.  Others even invited Him several times to their homes for dinner. Lk 7:36.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, WilliamL said:

And of course, by Christian teaching, you mean Catholic teaching.

Matt. 5:17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."

According to Paul in Hebrews, Jesus has yet to fulfill all of the duties that were acted-out in the mikraw/rehearsal of Lev. 16's Day of Atonement. For why indeed would he fulfill some of the duties as they are written, but not all of them?

I'll leave this question for you all to consider, not just Therese.

No, I mean christian teaching from everywhere.   This is a novel invention and not christian. It is based in an assumption based on how you've interpreted scripture, which all of christian history contradicts.  

Jesus fulfilled the scapegoat.   It has long been understood the scapegoat prefigured Christ.  Our sins were laid on Christ.  They won't be laid on anyone else.

A red ribbon was tied to the scapegoat, and would miraculously, would turn white.  IMMEDIATELY after Christ's death and resurrection that ribbon stopped turning white. That's because Jesus took our sins upon Himself.    

• This prayer was responded to by the congregation present. A man was selected, preferably a priest, to take the goat to the precipice in the wilderness; and he was accompanied part of the way by the most eminent men of Jerusalem. Ten booths had been constructed at intervals along the road leading from Jerusalem to the steep mountain. At each one of these the man leading the goat was formally offered food and drink, which he, however, refused. When he reached the tenth booth those who accompanied him proceeded no further, but watched the ceremony from a distance. When he came to the precipice he divided the scarlet thread into two parts, one of which he tied to the rock and the other to the goat's horns, and then pushed the goat down (Yoma vi. 1–8). The cliff was so high and rugged that before the goat had traversed half the distance to the plain below, its limbs were utterly shattered. Men were stationed at intervals along the way, and as soon as the goat was thrown down the precipice, they signaled to one another by means of kerchiefs or flags, until the information reached the high priest, whereat he proceeded with the other parts of the ritual.

The scarlet thread is symbolically referenced in Isaiah 1.18; and the Talmud states (ib. 39a) that during the forty years that Simon the Just was high priest, the thread actually turned white as soon as the goat was thrown over the precipice: a sign that the sins of the people were forgiven. In later times the change to white was not invariable: a proof of the people's moral and spiritual deterioration, that was gradually on the increase, until forty years before the destruction of the Second Temple, when the change of color was no longer observed (l.c. 39b).[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azazel

•        "Forty years before the Temple was destroyed (30 A.D.) the chosen lot was not picked with the right hand, nor did the crimson stripe turn white, nor did the westernmost light burn; and the doors of the Temple’s Holy Place swung open by themselves, until Rabbi Yochanon ben Zakkai spoke saying: 'O most Holy Place, why have you become disturbed? I know full well that your destiny will be destruction, for the prophet Zechariah ben Iddo has already spoken regarding you saying: 'Open thy doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour the cedars' (Zech. 11:1).'  Talmud Bavli, Yoma 39b

40 years before the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD was the year Christ was led out into the wilderness and crucified.

• "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3: 14-15  

Jesus was led outside of Jerusalem, to Golgotha,  'in the wilderness,' where He was "lifted up" and crucified and where He took upon Himself all our sins.   Christ became our propitiation.  There will be no other.   

Just as Christ is High Priest and Sacrificial lamb of Passover, He is also the sacrificial goat of Yom Kippur, and the scapegoat of Yom Kippur.  

• 1 Corinthians 5:21:

For he, (God the Father), hath made him, (Jesus) to be sin for us, who knew no sin that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I am sorry, but you are simply introducing heretical ideas here.

2 hours ago, Joline said:

Shar, the decisions which came from the seat of Moses were not sectarian. The verse is speaking the exact reverse of what you have said. When Christ spoke of the seat of Moses He spoke of them as Judges in the high court (supreme court) where Decisions were made under the authority of the HIGHPRIEST (Sadducees) Therefore any decision made from that chair was non sectarian. That was the hypocrisy of the sect. That is why Jesus said to do what they say.....as enforcing law as JUDGES in the Sanhedrin. But as a sect they did not were independent of that court in their teachings. Their teachings went beyond their authority as Judges under the law. An example would be their teachings on the prophets and the resurrection and angels. The judges by law were given no authority to make law, or to adjudicate law concerning the next world and the next life.

They were going beyond their lawful jurisdiction as a sect. That there were two sects ruling on matters of law in Christs day, each sects application of law was really a "DISPUTABLE MATTER". Since the very nature of the court being sectarian could not agree on certain things.

.Here is true oral law established by Moses. There was no law made unless the high priest agreed to a sentence

De 21:5  And the priests the sons of Levi shall come near; for them the LORD thy God hath chosen to minister unto him, and to bless in the name of the LORD; and by their word shall every controversy and every stroke be tried:

Deut 17:8 If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;
9  And thou shalt come unto the priests the Levites, and unto the judge that shall be in those days, and enquire; and they shall shew thee the sentence of judgment:
10  And thou shalt do according to the sentence, which they of that place which the LORD shall choose shall shew thee; and thou shalt observe to do according to all that they inform thee:
11  According to the sentence of the law which they shall teach thee, and according to the judgment which they shall tell thee, thou shalt do: thou shalt not decline from the sentence which they shall shew thee, to the right hand, nor to the left.
12  And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel.
13  And all the people shall hear, and fear, and do no more presumptuously.

The seat of Moses was more than Judges.  They had the authority to teach and interpret Torah and "place a fence around the Torah" to insure someone would not accidentally violate it.  This fence sometimes had requirements that some of the Pharisees themselves did not keep and that was the hypocrisy Jesus was referring to.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

5 minutes ago, Shar said:

Pharisees were very careful to only personally associate with their Sect.  Several Pharisees sought out Jesus to have an audience with Him.  Others even invited Him several times to their homes for dinner. Lk 7:36.

Others sought out Jesus too.

I'm sorry but I see nothing that actually substantiates your claims.     And you haven't provided anything other than your arguments.  Where are expert sources which document this?

6 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Others sought out Jesus too.

I'm sorry but I see nothing that actually substantiates your claims.     And you haven't provided anything other than your arguments.  Where are expert sources which document this?

What Jesus taught.  The Bible

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

52 minutes ago, Joline said:

Where are the times appointed for Christ to perform his priestly works?

Lu 9:51  And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,

The appointed times of the Levitical priesthood were due to it's weakness.

1  For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2  For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3  But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

have you ever read what the priests and the people say and do during the fall feasts and the things that are done with the harvest? Have you set the things done in the fall fests and set them beside everything old testament and new we are told about His second coming? cause what your saying is truth. If you have studied the fall feasted and scripturally have a rejection to what your arguing. Could you please point out his actions at his observance of the fall feasts cause they have time and date stamps that are part of obedience.