• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

That's not true.

Yes, it is true, as following Jesus is not a religion. Anything calling itself a religion is simply a man-made belief system.

Guest Thallasa
20 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

I didn't say it was. I am talking about individuals. Just as most Catholics are not born again (meaning some are but remain in the RCC out of tradition) there may be some Rastafarians who are born again (meaning most are not) but remain Rastafarian out of tradition (it is the national custom, is it not?). Only GOD know for sure, we cannot judge all with a wide brush.  

This where I would question you, about most Catholics . Most are saved , more so  than  many  who say  they are 'born again', if their fruits are anything to go by . I am afraid there is huge ignorance among many 'evengelicals ',and arrogance too, about who  is not and who is saved .  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

13 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

This where I would question you, about most Catholics . Most are saved , more so  than  many  who say  they are 'born again', if their fruits are anything to go by . I am afraid there is huge ignorance among many 'evengelicals ',and arrogance too, about who  is not and who is saved .  

I agree.  Just like the Pope, we are not authorized by God to determine another's salvation. 

• Followers:  3

15 minutes ago, Thallasa said:

Not so .

You'll need to prove that. Jesus Himself spoke out against the religious. We know that knowing Jesus involves us in an intimate relationship, a family tie, as God is all about family. So, religion just doesn't fit in...and rightly so.

Guest Teditis
11 minutes ago, Floatingaxe said:

You'll need to prove that. Jesus Himself spoke out against the religious. We know that knowing Jesus involves us in an intimate relationship, a family tie, as God is all about family. So, religion just doesn't fit in...and rightly so.

Jas. 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

• Followers:  3

25 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Jas. 1:27 "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

Yes, that is pertaining to a righteous behaviour, but Christianity is no religion, and don't let anyone fool you that it is. It is a Father-child, intimate family relationship we have with God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Guest Teditis
4 minutes ago, Floatingaxe said:

Yes, that is pertaining to a righteous behaviour, but Christianity is no religion, and don't let anyone fool you that it is. It is a Father-child, intimate family relationship we have with God through faith in Jesus Christ.

Though I understand your point, I think that it's a semantical issue and which definition of the word someone is using.

I'm not offended when someone use the word in referring to Christianity... though I'm saddened when they think that one religion

is in essence the same as any other.

Likewise, Rasta and Christianity are "Abrahamic religions" but they are far more different than similar... though they both believe in the

Trinity, Rastas believe that some 1930's, Ethiopian emperor was Jesus returned to earth for some further revelation that includes how the

current Bible has been corrupted and then gave information about how to seek God "properly".

So in short.... in the context of comparative analysis between two or more beliefs in God I find that the word "religion" helps move the conversation

along. However, in concept, like you... I see Christianity as a relational life-style between God and mankind.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

I didn't say it was. I am talking about individuals. Just as most Catholics are not born again (meaning some are but remain in the RCC out of tradition) there may be some Rastafarians who are born again (meaning most are not) but remain Rastafarian out of tradition (it is the national custom, is it not?). Only GOD know for sure, we cannot judge all with a wide brush.  

I would not presume to judge if most of any group that names the name of Christ are not born again.  That is a highly presumptuous thing to do and requires one knows the depths of another's heart.

If the religion you're asking about doesn't even believe in Christ, then what is different about asking about the  Rasatafarians as opposed to the Buddhists or the Hindus?