• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

21 minutes ago, Butero said:

He was clearly speaking of Trump and his plan to build a wall at the border.  There is nothing false about that. 

No Butero.    I have also read where he was unfamiliar with Trump's platform and was surprised by his calling for a wall to be built.

His reaction was not about Trump in particular,  about about the idea itself.

He also didn't say  Trump is not a christian.   He doesn't single anyone out at all.

There is no   "is not A chrsitian" in the quote from the Pope at all.

He said it is "not christian."

When we say such things about an idea, we aren't saying the person is not a christian, but that such an idea does not line up with christian teaching.

We were ALL suckered by the media to misconstrue his words.  It wasn't until I actually looked at the quote without all the spin that I realized what he said is not how it was spun in the media or here..

7 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

No Butero.    I have also read where he was unfamiliar with Trump's platform and was surprised by his calling for a wall to be built.

His reaction was not about Trump in particular,  about about the idea itself.

He also didn't say  Trump is not a christian.   He doesn't single anyone out at all.

There is no   "is not A chrsitian" in the quote from the Pope at all.

He said it is "not christian."

When we say such things about an idea, we aren't saying the person is not a christian, but that such an idea does not line up with christian teaching.

We were ALL suckered by the media to misconstrue his words.  It wasn't until I actually looked at the quote without all the spin that I realized what he said is not how it was spun in the media or here..

It is true that he didn't mention Trump by name, and that he was set up by the questioners.  That much I will give you.  I don't see any need to continue to beat this dead horse, especially when it has nothing to do with the topic in this thread.  The question was about a false religion that doesn't even pretend to worship Jesus Christ, so they are clearly not Christian. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

27 minutes ago, Davida said:

Oh my goodness, your lack of good judgement astounds.  You definitely do not take the view of Jesus Christ & His heavenly Father God on these things do you. 

Davida . . are you even reading what you are responding to?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

30 minutes ago, Davida said:

Oh my goodness, your lack of good judgement astounds.  You definitely do not take the view of Jesus Christ & His heavenly Father God on these things do you. 

Yes, Davida, but, for instance, Davida, the Scripture from Yahweh ?  It might or might not help to show plainly : ((always if the Father permits, otherwise, no gain))....

All the world's got ideas,  and only the Father's True.... as He says...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

On 19.2.2016 at 7:02 AM, post said:

the bottom line of Rastafarianism is that adherence hinges on accepting Selassie as the Messiah. 
false Christ = not Christian. 

there are, however, many people who have left Rastafarianism for the true Christ. it may be 'urban legend' but it's even said that on his deathbed, Bob Marley converted to Christianity and confessed Jesus Christ as the Messiah. so just because you see someone with dreadlocks praising "Jah" -- don't write him off as Rasta. "Jah" is actually found throughout the Psalms, probably as a shortened form of the tetragrammaton. 

in re: OP -- if you still like reggae/soca/dancehall style music, there's plenty of Christian reggae out there. maybe i'll start a music thread. i love that style; to me it speaks of joy & peace. there's a user on youtube called "
DiscipleDJ" that regularly posts compilations of current & recent gospel reggae music from his radio broadcasts; there's as good a place as any place to start a search. 

Hi there,

false Christ = not Christian was my first line of thinking. But then I thought maybe they are Christians still, but just very very mistaken ones.

Dunno. Well, I suppose it's not our call to judge anyway.

As for the kind offer: Thanks very much, but I'm afraid that evening of reggae was enough reggae for me for the next ten years. I can cope with the occasional song here and there, but all in all it's still not really my kind of music. Pray, start that thread though. Somebody else might like it.

Love,

junobet

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Reason has its place and is invaluable when tempered by truth.

Humans must establish faith according to the process by which God has ordained.

The basics of faith begins with belief that God is and that God is the rewarder of those who seek him. 

The honest pursuit of God will naturally lead to the ultimate truth that is in Christ.  God reveals this truth to whom ever he wills.

To be Christian one must have a Christ.

To be a true Christian one must have Gods chosen Christ.

All those who believe that there is one God who has an only begotten Son who is Christ the Lord that call upon his name are Cristians.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

On 2/20/2016 at 2:33 AM, junobet said:

As for the kind offer: Thanks very much, but I'm afraid that evening of reggae was enough reggae for me for the next ten years. I can cope with the occasional song here and there, but all in all it's still not really my kind of music. Pray, start that thread though. Somebody else might like it.

Love,

junobet

hi - 

at your suggestion, i did make a topic of Christian reggae music - and added about 6 songs so far, with plans to add dozens more very good spiritual songs i know of. 
but the video forum passes through moderation before anything is allowed to be posted. 
i get the impression that none of the posts & lyrics i put will ever see the light of day - i also have a half a dozen Christian metal songs in another thread i started, that have been waiting to be "approved" for an entire month now - most of whose lyrics are verbatim scripture, and video content is simple album cover, or nothing, so i don't see any reason why they should not be approved. yet they are not, after what should be ample time, so someone evidently sees reason to disapprove. i would post many more, but it looks like a waste of time. 
all i can think is that there is the view among some who have charge over this that music should be judged by its sound & genre instead of its purpose and message alone? so i fear the same fate will become of all the effort i put into the reggae songs. some people, being ignorant of the facts, hear the style and think immediately that it is promoting drug use or a false Christ, without taking the time to actually listen or read what is being said - and i'm afraid that is what may happen in this case, because of some imaginary offense. 

anyway, for whatever reason, none of my reggae videos are allowed to be seen, as of yet. i would add many many more songs blessing Christ and expressing joy - but so far it seems like a waste of effort.  
sorry, to anyone who was interested. this forum is not very well suited to sharing spiritual songs. send me a letter via PM if anyone likes, and i can point you to a wealth of hymns in these styles. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  209
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, post said:

hi - 

at your suggestion, i did make a topic of Christian reggae music - and added about 6 songs so far, with plans to add dozens more very good spiritual songs i know of. 
but the video forum passes through moderation before anything is allowed to be posted. 
i get the impression that none of the posts & lyrics i put will ever see the light of day - i also have a half a dozen Christian metal songs in another thread i started, that have been waiting to be "approved" for an entire month now - whose lyrics are verbatim scripture, and video content is simple album cover, or nothing, so i don't see any reason why they should not be approved. yet they are not, after what should be ample time, so someone evidently sees reason to disapprove.
all i can think is that there is the view among some who have charge over this that music should be judged by its sound & genre instead of its purpose and message alone? so i fear the same fate will become of all the effort i put into the reggae songs. some people, being ignorant of the facts, hear the style and think immediately that it is promoting drug use or a false Christ, without taking the time to actually listen or read what is being said - and i'm afraid that is what may happen in this case, because of some imaginary offense. 

anyway, for whatever reason, none of my reggae videos are allowed to be seen, as of yet. i would add many many more songs blessing Christ and expressing joy - but so far it seems like a waste of effort.  
sorry, to anyone who was interested. this forum is not very well suited to sharing spiritual songs. send me a letter via PM if anyone likes, and i can point you to a wealth of hymns in these styles. 

Hi there,

don't fret: you may be right in assuming that some people mistake their personal taste in music for the music being Christian or un-Christian. But also keep in mind what a horrible job it must be to review all these music videos, especially if it's music that does not meet your personal tastes.

Keep on rockin and jamming,

love,

junobet

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

7 minutes ago, junobet said:

Hi there,

don't fret: you may be right in assuming that some people mistake their personal taste in music for the music being Christian or un-Christian. But also keep in mind what a horrible job it must be to review all these music videos, especially if it's music that does not meet your personal tastes.

Keep on rockin and jamming,

love,

junobet

they must have had some very bad experience in the past with someone posting videos, so that they implemented this 'approval' system -- it's a whole lot of labor for volunteer staff to go through, that must have taken something pretty drastic to cause them to think it was the best solution. 

now my reggae thread has 8 songs in it. i won't give up. the metal one now has another. 

but in both, i put the lyrics whenever i can find them, both because i hope that makes the job easier, and because 'no one should speak in tongues without an interpreter' -- and i know that if you're not familiar with a genre or a singer, it is not easy to understand what they are saying. especially with the harder metal styles, and the thick accents of Jamaicans et al. 

thanks for the encouragement :)
i don't mean to diss the mods. it's just the system here that's burdensome when it comes to sharing songs. 
it's not their fault - it's ultimately i guess because of some troll years ago. 

i hope that for some mod who goes through them, whether they like the music or not, reading the lyrics will be a blessing.