IGNORED

JESUS - On earth in the Millennium? Questions to consider.

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,255
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, n2thelight said:

The New Jerusalem will not be made by mans hand....As for His presence,it's here now as you say,ie,His Holy Spirit,if that was all it was(not taking that lightly)He did'nt have to tell us

Leviticus 26:11

"And I will set My tabernacle among you: and My soul shall not abhor you."

I will dwell among you, and you will not be bored by Me.

Leviticus 26:12

"And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be My people

Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for your participation in this discussion. You have got some good scriptures there bro. Not sure of the `you will not be bored by me.` :huh: What translation did that come from?

Meanwhile, back to the `dwell among you,` & `walk among you.`

`Go & tell my servant David, "Thus says the Lord: "You shall not build me a house to dwell in. For I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought up Israel, even to this day, but have gone from tent to tent, & from one tabernacle to another.` (1 Chron. 17: 4 & 5)

So here we see that God is talking to Israel (Lev. & 1 Chron.) referring to His presence (the glory cloud & the fiery pillar in those days), His authority & His blessings. Israel did not have the Holy Spirit within each person (believer) as we do. They as a nation only (also not taking it lightly) had His presence, His Holy Spirit covering the nation as a whole, as they performed the sacrifices. God however did promise to the people of Israel that one day they would have His Holy Spirit within them & that will be in the Millennium.

`Then you shall know that I am the Lord, ......I will put My Spirit in you, & you shall live,..... I will give you a new heart & put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh & give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you & cause you to walk in my statutes, & you will keep My judgments & do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people & I will be your God.` (Ez. 37: 13 & 14,  36: 26 - 28)

Marilyn.

2 hours ago, n2thelight said:

@ Marilyn C

Where do you think God is now?

Hi n2thelight,

Now I really do appreciate your questions, bro. `Where is God now.` God is omnipresent as we know. By His Holy Spirit he is everywhere, sees all, knows all & has all power. Now that power & authority comes from His eternal throne, His seat of power.

`The Lord has established His throne in heaven & His kingdom rules over all.` (Ps. 103: 19)

`Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.` (Ps. 93: 2)

`His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued from before Him, a thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him...` (Dan. 7: 9 & 10)

The eternal throne of God established in the highest heavens with millions before Him. This is His authority & power `base.` It is where all other authorities come from.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven & that are on earth, visible & invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him & for Him. And He is before all things & in Him all things consist.` (Col. 1: 16 & 17)

By the Holy Spirit, King Solomon recognised the awesomeness of God -

Solomon prayed, `Lord God of Israel, there is no God in heaven or on earth like you.....will God indeed dwell with men on earth? Behold heaven & the heaven of heavens cannot contain you; how much less this temple which I have built!

Let us not try & bring God down to our level. How big is your God?

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi n2thelight,

Thank you for your participation in this discussion. You have got some good scriptures there bro. Not sure of the `you will not be bored by me.` :huh: What translation did that come from?

Meanwhile, back to the `dwell among you,` & `walk among you.`

`Go & tell my servant David, "Thus says the Lord: "You shall not build me a house to dwell in. For I have not dwelt in a house since the time that I brought up Israel, even to this day, but have gone from tent to tent, & from one tabernacle to another.` (1 Chron. 17: 4 & 5)

So here we see that God is talking to Israel (Lev. & 1 Chron.) referring to His presence (the glory cloud & the fiery pillar in those days), His authority & His blessings. Israel did not have the Holy Spirit within each person (believer) as we do. They as a nation only (also not taking it lightly) had His presence, His Holy Spirit covering the nation as a whole, as they performed the sacrifices. God however did promise to the people of Israel that one day they would have His Holy Spirit within them & that will be in the Millennium.

`Then you shall know that I am the Lord, ......I will put My Spirit in you, & you shall live,..... I will give you a new heart & put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh & give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you & cause you to walk in my statutes, & you will keep My judgments & do them. Then you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; you shall be My people & I will be your God.` (Ez. 37: 13 & 14,  36: 26 - 28)

Marilyn.

Did He walk with Adam and Eve?

23 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi n2thelight,

Now I really do appreciate your questions, bro. `Where is God now.` God is omnipresent as we know. By His Holy Spirit he is everywhere, sees all, knows all & has all power. Now that power & authority comes from His eternal throne, His seat of power.

`The Lord has established His throne in heaven & His kingdom rules over all.` (Ps. 103: 19)

`Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting.` (Ps. 93: 2)

`His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire; a fiery stream issued from before Him, a thousand thousands ministered to Him; ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him...` (Dan. 7: 9 & 10)

The eternal throne of God established in the highest heavens with millions before Him. This is His authority & power `base.` It is where all other authorities come from.

`For by Him all things were created that are in heaven & that are on earth, visible & invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him & for Him. And He is before all things & in Him all things consist.` (Col. 1: 16 & 17)

By the Holy Spirit, King Solomon recognised the awesomeness of God -

Solomon prayed, `Lord God of Israel, there is no God in heaven or on earth like you.....will God indeed dwell with men on earth? Behold heaven & the heaven of heavens cannot contain you; how much less this temple which I have built!

Let us not try & bring God down to our level. How big is your God?

Marilyn.

So you don't think God has a body?

Exodus 33:20

"And He said, "Thou canst not see My face: for there shall no man see Me, and live."

Exodus 33:21

"And the Lord said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:"

Exodus 33:22

"And it shall come to pass, while My glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with My hand while I pass by:"

Exodus 33:23

"And I will take away Mine hand, and thou shalt see My back parts: but My face shall not be seen."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Montana Marv,

I don`t think you have read my other comments. Of course, my bro,  I do believe the Lord will come down & sort out the world`s armies & reveal Himself to the people of Israel.

However the specific point we were addresses was from your scripture Zech.  8: 3`This is what the Lord Almighty says, "I will return to Zion & dwell in Jerusalem."  You were thinking that that showed that God would move His throne to earth. I showed other scriptures where God uses the word `dwell` to mean He was dwelling in the tent, the tabernacle etc. Thus we realise that God is referring to His presence, His authority & blessing.

Marilyn.

The verse in question is referring to Jesus Christ physically reigning here on earth, God the Son.  Not God the Father.  I did not say that God the Fathers Throne is moved down to earth, for that happens when the New Jerusalem comes down.  Jesus Christ sits and rules from King Davids Throne here on earth.   The nations must go up year after year at the Feast of Tabernacles to entreat the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is no "however" as you say.  Just like saying "Did God really say"

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

11 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

Marilyn

So Christ never will set His feet on the Mt of Olives then.  And the Mount never splits.  And Jerusalem cannot ever be called the City of Truth because Christ is not there.  And Thomas never put his hand in Christs side or his finger in Christs hand, because heaven or earth cannot contain Christ .  Christ did not rise from the dead, and then He never came to earth and He was not born of a virgin Mary.  How far do you want to go with this (heaven and earth cannot contain Him)

Because Jesus Christ was visible here on earth from His Birth to His Crucifixion to His Ascension.  Therefore He can stay and be visible here on earth during His 1000 year reign on earth.  He will dwell here on earth in Jerusalem.  You have proven nothing.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Setting His feet and the mount splitting were to have happened at the first advent. 

Ya this is where the whole spirtualization vs literal between a-mil and pre-mil gets into a revolving cycle of argument. This can and will be disturbing and frustrating with little to no profit. To not take prophecy literally or to not understand it spiritually is wrong. Jesus said everything will be fulfilled, I believe Him. Many arguments surrounded the first coming and the rabbis who where wrong spiritualized the text. There were rabbis who could only reconcile the text with two messiahs or others with two comings because they took the text literal. But of coarse thy were the crazy ones.  Why would a-mils after so much history of spiritualization proven to be wrong continue on the same path of reasoning and interpretation. I understand the argument and at times it can be good and sound good but I must believe that these things are not only figurative and spiritual but also literal. Always has been and will be.

Wisdom is to strengthen that which remains and hold on to Jesus. This argumentation, from my experience leads to arrogance, frustration and waning faith. The Lord is coming, that is what both sides can be assured about. Oil anyone? 

8 hours ago, Zemke said:

Setting His feet and the mount splitting were to have happened at the first advent. 

Ya this is where the whole spirtualization vs literal between a-mil and pre-mil gets into a revolving cycle of argument. This can and will be disturbing and frustrating with little to no profit. To not take prophecy literally or to not understand it spiritually is wrong. Jesus said everything will be fulfilled, I believe Him. Many arguments surrounded the first coming and the rabbis who where wrong spiritualized the text. There were rabbis who could only reconcile the text with two messiahs or others with two comings because they took the text literal. But of coarse thy were the crazy ones.  Why would a-mils after so much history of spiritualization proven to be wrong continue on the same path of reasoning and interpretation. I understand the argument and at times it can be good and sound good but I must believe that these things are not only figurative and spiritual but also literal. Always has been and will be.

Wisdom is to strengthen that which remains and hold on to Jesus. This argumentation, from my experience leads to arrogance, frustration and waning faith. The Lord is coming, that is what both sides can be assured about. Oil anyone? 

Hi Zemke,

Pleased to meet you & thank you for popping in & giving us your comments. I agree that the `physical/spiritual` ising is very frustrating etc however we all agree with what Montana Marv said concerning the Lord Jesus Christ physically setting His feet on the Mount of Olives, judging the nations, setting up the kingdom & all the things relating to Christ`s first coming,....the difference we are talking about is whether the Lord Jesus Christ will physically rule on earth or in heaven in the millennium.

I see that it is very important as to what you believe as it indicates one`s understanding of the Lord Himself & His purposes. Some people have been taught - in earth, while others have been taught - in heaven. Thus I thought it would be good to have a discussion as I see that many here have not considered the - in heaven. Also as it concerns our, the Body of Christ`s inheritance & what we are to believe for, then you can see that it is part of the `hold on to Jesus,` you talked about.

Blessings, Marilyn. 

14 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Did He walk with Adam and Eve?

Hi n2thelight,

Yes I believe that God walked with Adam & Eve. However as God did not have a physical body He walked, as in communed with them, God being omnipresent.

Marilyn.

13 hours ago, n2thelight said:

So you don't think God has a body?

Hi again n2thelight,

God the Son now has a glorified body as we all know, but not God the Father or God the Holy Spirit.

Marilyn.