Reinitin

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

Does the ability to know His will come from our reason, intellect or our study or does it come from Him?

Is he using us to rescue others from the domain of darkness?

Do we believe the Lord can redeem people and forgive horrid sin and can we?

Do we proclaim He is able to reconcile all things in Himself?

Do we admit we were once hostile toward God?

Do we have grace for people who are hostile to God?

Do We proclaim "Him"?

Is "Christ in us" still the hope of our glory?

1 Colossians 9-29 We are asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, so that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and growing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience, with joy giving thanks to the Father, who has enabled you to share in the saints’ inheritance in the light.  He has rescued us from the domain of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son He lovesWe have redemption, the forgiveness of sins, in Him.

He is the image of the invisible God,
the firstborn over all creation.[i]
 For everything was created by Him,
in heaven and on earth,
the visible and the invisible,
whether thrones or dominions
or rulers or authorities—
all things have been created through Him and for Him.
 He is before all things,
and by Him all things hold together.
 He is also the head of the body, the church;
He is the beginning,
the firstborn from the dead,
so that He might come to have
first place in everything.
 For God was pleased to have
all His fullness dwell in Him,
 and through Him to reconcile
everything to Himself

by making peace

through the blood of His cross
whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Once you were alienated and hostile in your minds because of your evil actionsBut now He has reconciled you by His physical body through His death, to present you holy, faultless, and blameless before Him—  if indeed you remain grounded and steadfast in the faith and are not shifted away from the hope of the gospel that you heard. This gospel has been proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and I, Paul,have become a servant of it. Now I rejoice in my sufferings for you, and I am completing in my flesh what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for His body, that is, the church.  I have become its servant, according to God’s administration that was given to me for you, to make God’s message fully known,  the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to His saints God wanted to make known among the Gentiles the glorious wealth of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. We proclaim "Him", warning and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone mature in Christ.  I labor for this, striving with His strength that works powerfully in me.

Edited by Reinitin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

7 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Does the ability to know His will come from our reason, intellect or our study or does it come from Him?

All of the above.   Without our reason and intellect, we could not understand anything.

3 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

All of the above.   Without our reason and intellect, we could not understand anything.

So you do not think he can love much, those he has not given so much? I believe He loves people with a 45 IQ as much as people with a 160 IQ and I think He loves those who can't read and lack language skill as much as he loves those who are highly intelligent.  He uses simple things to confound the wise. I think Christ and His love in us is more powerful and more righteous and more glorious then any of our own fleshly achievements that we would be exalted among people for.

51 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

So you do not think he can love much, those he has not given so much? I believe He loves people with a 45 IQ as much as people with a 160 IQ and I think He loves those who can't read and lack language skill as much as he loves those who are highly intelligent.  He uses simple things to confound the wise. I think Christ and His love in us is more powerful and more righteous and more glorious then any of our own fleshly achievements that we would be exalted among people for.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

What does this have to do with IQ?

What does this have to do with our ability to understand?

A plant doesn't have reason or intellect.  Do you think the plant has the ability to know, to understand God's love?

We are talking about your comment about our ability to know God's love, right?

• "Does the ability to know His will come from our reason, intellect or our study or does it come from Him? "

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

29 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

God loves everyone. God has a plan in each and everyone of our lives. Sometimes he uses the struggles that we deal with in our lives for His purpose. Maybe even a child born with autism. God does not make mistakes and we have to have faith and trust in Him that he has everything under control. We may not know why until we go home to be with Him.

Romans 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Is he using us to rescue others from the domain of darkness?

Since I can't speak for everyone, I do hope so!

Do we proclaim He is able to reconcile all things in Himself?

Do we admit we were once hostile toward God?

Do we have grace for people who are hostile to God?

Do We proclaim "Him"?

18 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

A plant doesn't have reason or intellect.  Do you think the plant has the ability to understand God's love?

I must misunderstand but I asked, "Does the ability to know His will come from our reason, intellect or our study or does it come from Him?" You said, "All of the above.   Without our reason and intellect, we could not understand anything. I believe the Lord often makes his will known, brings truth, understanding and does His will through people with no ability to reason, have low intellect, and are unable to study. in fact people that lack intellect or ability to study often excel greatly in His command to love one another and are a beautiful witness to Christ. He uses the mouths of babes? He could make rocks cry out?  He can speak through a donkey? The gospel is not for an elite intellectual group. our Lord say's in Isaiah 57: "Build up, build up, prepare the way, Remove every obstacle out of the way of My people." 15For thus says the high and exalted One Who lives forever, whose name is Holy, "I dwell on a high and holy place, And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit In order to revive the spirit of the lowly And to revive the heart of the contrite.

40 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

A plant doesn't have reason or intellect.  Do you think the plant has the ability to understand God's love?

Actually a plant probably testifies to the Lord and is a better witness then many puffed up wordy people. Plants are referenced all over the bible to give us an understand of Gods work, Gods faithfulness, Gods plan.

Just now, Reinitin said:

I must misunderstand but I asked, "Does the ability to know His will come from our reason, intellect or our study or does it come from Him?" You said, "All of the above.   Without our reason and intellect, we could not understand anything. I believe the Lord often makes his will known, brings truth, understanding and does His will through people with no ability to reason, have low intellect, and are unable to study. in fact people that lack intellect or ability to study often excel greatly in His command to love one another and are a beautiful witness to Christ. He uses the mouths of babes? He could make rocks cry out?  He can speak through a donkey? The gospel is not for an elite intellectual group. our Lord say's in Isaiah 57: "Build up, build up, prepare the way, Remove every obstacle out of the way of My people." 15For thus says the high and exalted One Who lives forever, whose name is Holy, "I dwell on a high and holy place, And also with the contrite and lowly of spirit In order to revive the spirit of the lowly And to revive the heart of the contrite.

I'm not talking about reduced ability to reason, or reduced intellect.

I said WITHOUT reason or intellect.  If there is no reason or intellect, then there is no ability to comprehend anything.

This is why I asked the question:

Do plants have reason and intellect?  Can they know and understand God's love?

(which you did not answer, but that's ok, it was more rhetorical.)

He uses our reason and intellect.   God gave it to us for a reason.  Without it, we would have no ability to know God.

Why do people want to demonize our God given gifts of reason and logic, our intellect?

The problem is not that reason and intellect exist.  The problem is the lack of RIGHT USE of these God given gifts.

And that is a situation that needs to be correct, and one does not correct it by demonizing our intellectual and reasoning powers.

3 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

Actually a plant probably testifies to the Lord and is a better witness then many puffed up wordy people. Plants are referenced all over the bible to give us an understand of Gods work, Gods faithfulness, Gods plan.

That avoids my question.

In fact, it doesn't address it at all.

Unless you are suggesting a plant has consciousness and knows what it is doing and does so purposefully and deliberately?