• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The first thing to take away from this passage is there are people who think they know the Lord who don't.

The number of divisions within denominations (not to mention heresies and cultism) betrays the problem: humankind is trying to impose its will and interpretation of God and the scriptures. Yet how many people put their trust in these denominations, heresies and cults! People place their eternal destiny in the hands of those who promote deception, untruth, deceit...

I know I risk rocking the boat here. The glad fest people try to make Christianity into doesn't want to be troubled with these facts. But there is too much at stake here (Matthew 7:23). 

1 John 2:13 (AV)

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

???

Doesn't everyone know the Father?

Matthew 11:27 (AV)

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

And in case you think that faith in Christ alone is all that's required:

John 5:24 (AV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 14:6 (AV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The Father is the one we become the adopted children of through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:15 (AV)

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

John 16:27 (AV)

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

But we attribute Bible passages to the Father (particularly in the Old Testament) which are not the Father at all but the Son (preincarnate).

John 5:37 (AV)

37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

John 6:46 (AV)

46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

John 1:18 (AV)

18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Matthew 28:19 (AV)

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

What is the Father's name?

Exodus 3:14–15 (AV)

14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD† God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

John 8:58 (AV)

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

According to Jesus, I AM is his name.

Isaiah 44:24 (AV)

24 Thus saith the LORD†, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD† that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

This is Jesus (preincarnate).

†YHVH / Yahweh

To spare us all the conclusions some might jump to... this is all TRINITARIAN theology.

John 5:43 (AV)

43 I am come in my Father’s name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 10:25 (AV)

25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.

What is that name?

Luke 11:2 (AV)

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

What is that name?

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, For You That Name Is Abba (My) Father

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6