IGNORED

Which Bible Version can you recommend (KJV, NIV, NKJV, etc)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

25 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

All I'm saying is that someone may not know what "begotten" means because the word "begotten" doesn't come up much in everyday talk. At less not in the way I talk. I guess there could be some people now days that use the word "begotten". But the only time I have ever used the word was when I read John 3:16KJV.  I didn't have time to point out all the other words that people may not know. "Begotten" just happen to be the first one that came to my mind. And not everyone has a computer they can look stuff up on. And I don't even know why this came up as the topic is " What Bible Version Do You Recommend". And so I recommended one. :)

Oh I understand where you are coming from. I did not mean to ay other wise. But coming from a guy that had only one "A" in one period every year. I had tough time also with kjv.

But I over came word I did not know with a computer ; I could look up word quicker than in the book dictionary.

When I worked for the school system 25 years we gave loan of laptops to preK  and other elementary kids. so I guess I jut took for granted most have a computer.

sorry I stepped on your toes, I was not trying to.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

7 minutes ago, Luke1992 said:

Thanks and yeah also I looked up some words to find out what they mean like sojourn and it means 'to temporary stay at a place''.

glad I come help a little, most everyone has phone or computer to search word defintions also one other thing if you know ome words of a verse and can not find it do this

in search box type bible;  type words you know------ and it will show the verse

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/27/1974

On 3/19/2016 at 2:22 PM, opportunitykenny said:

I am surprised and concerned to know that all versions of Bible are not the same. From their cogent contents to interpretations, they appear to be different. I am not in any way confused, just for helping one another, I ask this question:

(1) Which Bible Version can you recommend for someone you just preached to and s/he is ready to accept Christ and read His word further?

(2) Why recommending that version?

Interlinear.

Old Testament

Hebrew.

English.

New Testament

Greek

English

Use Biblehub online bible.

KJV is ok.